Robert Tucker, 59, of Sacramento, has been appointed general counsel of the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration, where he has served as assistant chief counsel since 2017. He was assistant chief counsel at the Board of Equalization from 2012 to 2017, where he was tax counsel IV from 2008 to 2012, tax counsel III from 2004 to 2008 and tax counsel from 1998 to 2004. Tucker earned a Juris Doctor degree from the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law. This position does not require Senate confirmation and the compensation is $183,000 a year. Tucker is a Democrat.
Mike McGuire, 40, of Healdsburg, has been reappointed to the Pacific States Marine Fisheries Commission, where he has served since 2019. He has served as a Senator in the California State Senate and has chaired the Joint Committee on Fisheries and Aquaculture since 2014. McGuire was a member of the Sonoma County Board of Supervisors from 2010 to 2014. He was mayor of the City of Healdsburg in 2006. McGuire earned a Master of Arts degree in public administration from the University of San Francisco. This position requires Senate confirmation and there is no compensation. McGuire is a Democrat.
More on The Californer
- Environmental Activist Band 'Instrument of Peace' is Hosting Its Album Release Celebration
- California CRV is Finished! Or is it?
- Former San Marcos High School Principal Files Appeal After Court Ruling Against His Reinstatement
- Adoption Month Resolution Recognizes Local Foster Parent
- Home Sweet Home: National Adoption Awareness Month Event
Keetha Mills, 48, of West Sacramento, has been appointed to the California State Lottery Commission. Mills has been president and chief executive officer of the Foundation for California Community Colleges since 2012. Mills was vice president of finance and chief financial officer at the Foundation for California Community Colleges from 2008 to 2012. She was controller of the Hines Interests Limited Partnership from 2007 to 2008. Mills held several regional positions at Planned Parenthood from 2003 to 2007, including chief financial officer of Planned Parenthood of Houston and Southeast Texas, interim chief executive officer of Planned Parenthood of Louisiana and the Mississippi Delta and chief operating officer of Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast. Mills was vice president and assistant treasurer of Dynegy Inc. from 2001 to 2003, vice president and corporate controller for Ashford.com from 1998 to 1999 and audit manager at PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP from 1996 to 1999. Mills is a member of the board of the directors of Capital Stage Theatre and the Sierra College Foundation. She is a member of the American Leadership Forum Mountain Valley Chapter and the National Advisory Committee for the Center for Community College Advancement. This position requires Senate confirmation and the compensation is $100 per diem. Mills is a Democrat.
More on The Californer
- California: Governor Newsom Issues Executive Order to Support Communities Recovering from Ridgecrest Earthquakes
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 10.18.19
- California: Governor Newsom Grants Executive Clemency 10.18.19
- Opening Reception Friday, November 8, 2019, 6-8pm
- San Francisco Writer Anh Lê Remembers U.S. Representative Elijah Cummings
Janice Hahn, 67, of Los Angeles, has been appointed to the California Film Commission. She has been a Los Angeles County Supervisor since 2016, representing the Fourth District. From 2011 to 2016, she was a U.S. Congresswoman representing California's 36th and 44th Congressional Districts. From 2001 to 2011, Hahn was a member of the Los Angeles City Council, representing the 15th District. She served as a member of the Los Angeles Charter Reform Commission from 1997 to 1999. This position does not require Senate confirmation and there is no compensation. Hahn is a Democrat.
Latest on The Californer
- California: TOMORROW: Governor Newsom to Deliver Remarks at CSU Graduation Initiative 2025 Symposium
- Just Outsourcing Releases Scariest Update Ever With New Content Generation Tricks And Treats
- New Rock Jockey Pro Bundle includes Abaco Little Giant Automatic Stone Lifter ALG50A
- Network Time Foundation Joins Open Source Initiative
- MC Companies Prescribes Happy and Healthy Lifestyles To Employees And Residents
- Emery Pharma and CP Lab Safety Exhibiting at the 2019 AAPS Annual Meeting in San Antonio, Texas
- PixelMill President Takes First Place at Microsoft's Developer Kitchen in Redmond
- Introducing Prospect Financial Group's Top Loan Officer for Quarter 3, 2019
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Release of Nation's First Statewide Earthquake Early Warning System
- Savas Beatie LLC is the Recipient of a Prestigious Book Award for 2019
- Children's Hunger Fund and Poverty Encounter Building Preserved in Saddle Ridge Fire
- Mark Powell & Charles Daff Expand Snell & Wilmer's Private Client Services Group in Orange County
- Lexus Warranty Alternatives Include Choice of Repair Shop
- Oak Tree Business Systems, Inc. Asked the Community to Help Donate Blood and They Stepped Up
- Weinstein Spira Announces Multiple Promotions
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed Announces Plan to Close Hall of Justice to Make Way for Future Justice Campus
- San Francisco: Statement from Mayor Breed on 30th Anniversary of Loma Prieta Earthquake
- Take Part This National Breast Cancer Awareness Month to Take Down the Ultimate Opponent
- The Deliciously Dark Song That Should Have Been in Disney's Maleficent: Mistress of Evil
- La Marketplace B2B de Trace One pour booster les ventes et l'innovation dans l'univers du retail et des PGC