Robert Tucker, 59, of Sacramento, has been appointed general counsel of the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration, where he has served as assistant chief counsel since 2017. He was assistant chief counsel at the Board of Equalization from 2012 to 2017, where he was tax counsel IV from 2008 to 2012, tax counsel III from 2004 to 2008 and tax counsel from 1998 to 2004. Tucker earned a Juris Doctor degree from the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law. This position does not require Senate confirmation and the compensation is $183,000 a year. Tucker is a Democrat.
Mike McGuire, 40, of Healdsburg, has been reappointed to the Pacific States Marine Fisheries Commission, where he has served since 2019. He has served as a Senator in the California State Senate and has chaired the Joint Committee on Fisheries and Aquaculture since 2014. McGuire was a member of the Sonoma County Board of Supervisors from 2010 to 2014. He was mayor of the City of Healdsburg in 2006. McGuire earned a Master of Arts degree in public administration from the University of San Francisco. This position requires Senate confirmation and there is no compensation. McGuire is a Democrat.
More on The Californer
- Mayor London Breed and Public Safety Officials Announce Curfew in San Francisco to Begin Tonight at 8 PM
- California: Governor Authorizes Assistance After Request from Los Angeles & Proclaims State of Emergency
- Real Estate Loans Are Closing During Global Pandemic. Just Ask Rickey Biddle of Philadelphia
- Governor Newsom Statement on Demonstrations Across California and the Passing of Federal Officer
- California: Governor Newsom Signs Executive Order on Actions in Response to COVID-19 5.29.20
Keetha Mills, 48, of West Sacramento, has been appointed to the California State Lottery Commission. Mills has been president and chief executive officer of the Foundation for California Community Colleges since 2012. Mills was vice president of finance and chief financial officer at the Foundation for California Community Colleges from 2008 to 2012. She was controller of the Hines Interests Limited Partnership from 2007 to 2008. Mills held several regional positions at Planned Parenthood from 2003 to 2007, including chief financial officer of Planned Parenthood of Houston and Southeast Texas, interim chief executive officer of Planned Parenthood of Louisiana and the Mississippi Delta and chief operating officer of Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast. Mills was vice president and assistant treasurer of Dynegy Inc. from 2001 to 2003, vice president and corporate controller for Ashford.com from 1998 to 1999 and audit manager at PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP from 1996 to 1999. Mills is a member of the board of the directors of Capital Stage Theatre and the Sierra College Foundation. She is a member of the American Leadership Forum Mountain Valley Chapter and the National Advisory Committee for the Center for Community College Advancement. This position requires Senate confirmation and the compensation is $100 per diem. Mills is a Democrat.
More on The Californer
- Demand Justice for George Floyd
- Mayor Sam Liccardo's Statement on San Jose Protests Following the Death of George Floyd
- San Jose: FLASH REPORT #110 - COVID-19 Mitigation and Response
- California: Governor Newsom and First Partner Siebel Newsom Announce New and Expanded Support for Victims of Domestic Violence
- San Jose: Notice of CEQA Posting: Charcot Avenue Extension Project and EIR Public Hearing
Janice Hahn, 67, of Los Angeles, has been appointed to the California Film Commission. She has been a Los Angeles County Supervisor since 2016, representing the Fourth District. From 2011 to 2016, she was a U.S. Congresswoman representing California's 36th and 44th Congressional Districts. From 2001 to 2011, Hahn was a member of the Los Angeles City Council, representing the 15th District. She served as a member of the Los Angeles Charter Reform Commission from 1997 to 1999. This position does not require Senate confirmation and there is no compensation. Hahn is a Democrat.
Latest on The Californer
- San Jose: FLASH REPORT #109 - COVID-19 Mitigation and Response
- Space Cadet Launches A Flower Sniffer's Book Of Paper Craft to Ward off Boredom Better Than Binging TV
- Orange County Lemon Law Attorney Luis Aguirre Launches Spanish Version of its Website
- Summer Camp ONLINE at Theatre School @ North Coast Rep
- Mayor London Breed Announces Timeline and Plan for Safely Reopening San Francisco
- MedTrainer Named Best Compliance Management Solution Provider in 2020 MedTech Breakthrough Awards
- Beta-Mannosidase Activity Assay Kit (Fluorometric)
- Launching OneQuantum LLC the Quantum Tech startup community
- OrPro Therapeutics Advances a New Inhalation Treatment Approach for COVID-19
- SmartGateVC Will Establish a Start-Up Tech Accelerator in Glendale Called Hero House Glendale
- RC Diedrich and Tremain Hayhoe Discuss Succeeding No Matter What
- Property from the estate of June D. Winkler will be sold online by Andrew Jones Auctions, June 16th
- Nicole Rogas, Senior Vice President at Experian Health, joins Nuevozen Advisory Board
- WHIP IT, SIP IT! Virtual Wine Tasting with Gerald Casale, Co-Founder of Rock Band Devo & Proprietor of The 50 by 50 Winery in Napa Valley
- Amidst Covid19 FRS Environmental Helps Southern CA Safely Dispose of Hazardous & Non-Hazardous Waste
- Private Placement Markets To Enter The Residential Mortgage Lending Industry
- Kupfer & Associates Close Strategic Edulence & eLearning Brothers Deal
- Beautyforever Remy Human Hair Summer Sale Up to 35% OFF
- LA Paint Night Launches Virtual Sip 'n Paint Classes With Online Live Sessions
- Omy de Oro 'The King of Punchlines' signs with Caroline, becomes first Puerto Rican artist to release a solo dembow track 'Cash'