- Goat Anti-Mouse IgG1 Fab Fragment Cyanine 3 Conjugate
- Gambian Films Earn Prestigious Selection at Ohio Valley Festival for Filmmakers of Color
- Wells Fargo Investment Institute Believes 2024 is a Pivotal Year for the Economy and Markets
The partnership between California and Shanghai will focus on clean ports and green shipping, as well as clean transportation and climate adaptation. Governor Newsom noted that the relationship between California and Shanghai dates back to 1980 when the late Senator Dianne Feinstein forged the San Francisco-Shanghai Sister City relationship – the first such relationship between cities in China and the United States.
The Governor then visited Tesla's Shanghai gigafactory where he toured its general assembly line, as well as a battery pack facility. The plant produces thousands of vehicles every week, making it one of the most productive EV factories in the world. Last week, Governor Newsom announced that California is set to distribute $40.5 million in federal funding to build 270 EV fast chargers at 26 sites along highways. Funded by President Biden's Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA), the state is expected to receive more than $380 million to create 6,600 miles of EV corridors with at least four fast chargers every 50 miles.
More on The Californer
- Governor Newsom Highlights Funding for Climate Change Resiliency Projects Across California
- The Major Hope Foundation Brings 'A Major Day of Hope To Los Angeles'
- Blue Ridge Bankshares, Inc. (BRBS) Investor Notice: Robbins LLP Reminds Shareholders of Class Action Filed Against Blue Ridge Bankshares, Inc.
- California Gets $70 Million in Federal Funding to Accelerate Salton Sea Restoration
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 12.8.23
Governor Newsom also announced that California surpassed its zero-emission vehicle (ZEV) truck sales goal two years ahead of schedule – a big milestone for phasing out traditional combustion big rigs that account for over a quarter of the state's on-road greenhouse gas emissions.
The Governor ended his last day in China at the Shanghai Pudong International Airport where he met with United Airlines leaders to celebrate their resuming daily flights between San Francisco and Beijing next month and recently increasing flights between San Francisco and Shanghai.
California has now cemented its fifth climate partnership while in China, joining forces with Shanghai to fight against the climate crisis by cleaning up ports and reducing emissions from the transportation sector. Governor Newsom is scheduled to return to California Sunday evening.
Latest on The Californer
- Arcellx Announces Continued Robust Long-Term Responses from Its CART-ddBCMA (anito-cel) Phase 1 Expansion Trial in Patients with Relapsed or Refractory Multiple Myeloma at ASH
- Feast of the Seven Fishes at Cibo Modern Mediterranean
- California: Governor Newsom Reaffirms Support for Updated Delta Conveyance Proposal
- Emory Healthcare Network and Peachtree Immediate Care continue collaboration, sign new long-term agreement
- On behalf of the At Your Service Plumbing Club Members, we have donated to The Salvation Army and Families Network Unlimited this Holiday Season
- Entry Deadline is January 12 for California Strawberry Festival Artwork Contest
- 1H-Benzotriazol-1-yloxytripyrrolidinophosphonium Hexafluorophosphate (Highly Pure)
- Open Networking & Edge Summit 2024 in Silicon Valley Extends CFP Deadline to December 17 and releases 2024 Ecosystem Predictions
- California Community College Expands with 17-Device Order
- Operation Bullpen Stan Fitzgerald hits back on political persecution with "The Fall of Deceit" now available for purchase
- Neberon Heated Gloves: Your Best Winter Companion for Christmas
- Joby, ANA Holdings Partner with Nomura Real Estate Development for Vertiports in Japan
- Zero Upfront Fee Website- Thinking About Starting A Business?
- Penny S. Tee, MBA: A Beacon of Peace Amidst Conflict
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 12.7.23
- Habitat EJC Assembles National Team for Permanently Affordable Community
- State Marks 100+ Water System Consolidations, Providing Safe Drinking Water for 90,000 Californians
- Chaos Loc Releases New Album "Life After Super Max"
- Joel Osman is Promoted to Partner at Parker Shaffie LLP
- Scott Cooper Miami Project Announces New Scholarship Winner: Aban Khan