- Independent Global Film Movement Tackles Diversity Issues At The 75th Festival De Cannes
- eBookFairs.com Acquires Pen It! Publications, LLC
- Jessica Ross Graces the Cover of Center Stage Magazine
SACRAMENTO – Governor Gavin Newsom issued the following statement regarding today's jobs report showing that California created 25 percent of the nation's new jobs in December, along with an unemployment rate decrease to 6.5 percent:
"California continues to create an outsized share of the nation's new jobs, with 25 percent of the entire country's job creation happening right here – part of the record 1 million new jobs that our state created throughout last year's economic recovery. As we go forward this year, we'll continue taking action to get more folks back to work and support our businesses hit hardest by the pandemic."
- Since February 2021, California has added 1,034,400 total nonfarm jobs, which averages out to be a gain of 94,036 jobs per month.
- California has seen a year-over record 6 percent in nonfarm jobs for 2021, which is the largest calendar year increase in the official series data going back to 1990.
- California's December 2021 gain of 50,700 nonfarm jobs accounted for nearly 25.5 percent of the nation's 199,000 overall jobs gain for the month.
- The state has now regained 1,946,200, or nearly 72 percent, of the 2,714,800 jobs that were lost in March and April 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Month-over, no industry sectors lost jobs for the first time since March 2021.
More on The Californer
- EmpireXclusive Has a Big Weekend Ahead with ABIS Awards Gala and B.Simone Beauty Pop Up
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Innovaccer Unveils ACO REACH Accelerator Toolkit
- InventHelp Presents Durable Cane Tip (RSM-108)
- San Jose: Public Draft Review MND: 1975 Cambrianna Drive Residential Project
- Housing Market Slowing by Design, According to First American Real House Price Index
Latest on The Californer
- In Major Milestone, California's Rent Relief Programs Distribute Over $5 Billion to More Than One Million Residents
- Jay King's "The Creative Exchange" Returns with KBLA Talk Radio's Tavis Smiley
- Trepont Acquisition Corp I Announces Redemption of Class A Ordinary Shares
- Fantastic Sams Franchise Corporation Partners with First Development Agent in the Brand's Ambitious Expansion Initiative
- Cabrillo EDC Empowers Ventura County Residents for Success during NeighborWorks Week
- San Jose: Affordable Housing Project Gets $54.8M from State
- Brian Peterson assisted Kaplan Tarps & Cargo Controls with obtaining a GSA Multiple Award Schedule
- Protagonist Therapeutics to Present Updated Phase 2 Rusfertide Clinical Results in Polycythemia Vera (PV) at ASCO 2022
- RH to Report First Quarter Fiscal 2022 Financial Results on June 2, 2022
- California Distributes $108.6 Million to Create Regional Education-to-Career Pipelines
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed Announces $50.7 Million Investment Over Two Years in Children and Family Recovery Plan in Proposed Budget
- Enry's Island Set to be the First Incubator-Accelerator to Have its Own Building in a Metaverse
- Robocorp Wins Intellyx's 2022 Digital Innovator Award
- New Bill Opens the Door for Lawsuits Against the Government Based on Contaminated Drinking Water at Camp Lejeune
- The Law Offices of Frank R. Cruz Announces the Filing of a Securities Class Action on Behalf of Pegasystems Inc. (PEGA) Investors
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed and Supervisors Matt Dorsey and Rafael Mandelman Announce Budget Investment to Reduce HIV Infections
- San Jose: San José Mayor Marks One Year Since VTA Rail Yard Tragedy
- Unrooted Celebrates July 4th with a "Made In Amerikuhh" Wine Club
- Instacart Announces New Shoppable Video and Display Advertising Products, Driving Inspiration, Discovery and Purchase
- Namify gives restaurateurs a chance at effective branding with its Restaurant Name Generator