- Cal State LA continues remarkable climb in U.S. News & World Report rankings
- Hip Hop Recording Artist Dukk Drops New September Music Release
- For National Small Business Week: Some very Essential Advertising Math Every Business Needs to Know
The proposed settlement with opioid distributors Cardinal, McKesson and AmerisourceBergen and manufacturer Johnson & Johnson will provide relief for Americans suffering with addiction and includes important changes to the industry to combat the opioid epidemic.
"California strongly supports continued investment in combatting the devastation that our communities have suffered because of the opioid epidemic," said Governor Newsom. "The opioid epidemic continues to pose a serious threat to the health of Californians. In 2019, California experienced nearly 12,000 opioid-related emergency department visits and more than 3,000 deaths. If approved, this settlement agreement would provide an important investment in opioid treatment and prevention. The agreement would also require the industry to make important changes to help combat this epidemic. We eagerly anticipate the finalizing of the proposed opioid settlement and partnering with local governments across California to leverage the funding that will help expand opioid prevention and treatment resources."
More on The Californer
- California: Newsom Administration Awards Nearly $138 Million in Fire Prevention Grants to Build Resilience in Local Communities
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 9.15.21
- Kobe Bryant Inspired KB24 NFT Art on Course to Raise Millions for Foundation
- Welcoming President Biden to Long Beach
- California: Governor Newsom Highlights New In-Person Student Rates, Nation-Leading School Safety & Prevention Efforts
Latest on The Californer
- Erotic Art Finds a Home on NFT Platform NaftyArt With Million Dollar Pre-Launch Sale
- Amazon Live! Influencer live video
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed and Supervisor Gordon Mar Launch New Grant to Support Storefronts Impacted by Vandalism
- Triunfo Water & Sanitation District Initiates Stage 1 Water Conservation Measures
- Drum roll...and the winners are
- Waterside Productions Announces Mai Kim Le's First Book "Worlds Apart"
- MBA Mortgage Corp. Receives Honorable Mention for the DAV'S Outstanding Small Employer of the Year
- The KIS Foundation, Inc. Hosts COVID-19 Recovery Relief Giveaway for Sickle Cell Disease Community
- Is Demand For Pools Increasing or Decreasing in Las Vegas?
- Two Snell & Wilmer Attorneys Selected by the ABA BBC for 20/20 Partners Rising Young Leader Award
- VORAGO Technologies announces 4-channel Rad-Hard Latch-up Monitor IC solution, now sampling
- GF and Synopsys Deliver New Reference Flows for GF 22FDX Process: Cloud-Qualified and First Automotive Flow for ASIL-D Designs
- Singer, Songwriter Impresario Releases 'Deliberately Constructed Moments'
- Walker Entertainer Academy Presents Indigenous Film Retreats (IFR) Oct 9th-11th
- For the 6th Time, Zippy Shell, Inc. Appears on the Inc. 5000, Ranking No. 1149 With Three-Year Revenue Growth of 423 Percent
- Global Sandalwood Oil Market to Reach $149.1 Million by 2026
- Creating Art During The Pandemic Artist Cynthia Warden Launches Original Art Series Featuring Events Of 2020 and Beyond
- STEMconnector, Million Women Mentors and Olay: Face the STEM Gap Role Model Event September 15, 2021
- Latino Author Wants Better Representation of Latino and Hispanic Creatives Beyond Hispanic Heritage Month
- What Does Post-Traumatic Thriving Look Like?