- Goat Anti-Mouse IgG1 Fab Fragment Cyanine 3 Conjugate
- Gambian Films Earn Prestigious Selection at Ohio Valley Festival for Filmmakers of Color
- Wells Fargo Investment Institute Believes 2024 is a Pivotal Year for the Economy and Markets
President Xi proposed building five pillars for bilateral relations and assuming a new San Francisco vision facing the future. He emphasized that China is consistently committed to having a stable, healthy and sustainable relationship with the United States while also safeguarding its interests, principles and red lines. He also called on the two countries to be partners that respect each other and coexist in peace.
American economist Jeffrey Sachs praised President Xi's idea of mutual respect, cooperation, dialogue and joint problem-solving as "really wise, and of paramount importance."
The two countries still face some strategic disputes but President Xi stressed that they need to jointly manage disagreements effectively instead of letting them become a chasm that keeps them apart.
More on The Californer
- Governor Newsom Highlights Funding for Climate Change Resiliency Projects Across California
- The Major Hope Foundation Brings 'A Major Day of Hope To Los Angeles'
- Blue Ridge Bankshares, Inc. (BRBS) Investor Notice: Robbins LLP Reminds Shareholders of Class Action Filed Against Blue Ridge Bankshares, Inc.
- California Gets $70 Million in Federal Funding to Accelerate Salton Sea Restoration
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 12.8.23
Before, during and after the summit, the two sides have reached important consensuses on functional issues including climate change, artificial intelligence, counternarcotics cooperation and people-to-people exchanges. These engagements are essential to promoting dialogue and understanding between the two sides while reducing risks of conflicts or confrontations caused by miscalculations.
President Xi also called on China and the United States to jointly shoulder responsibilities as major countries in order to solve problems facing human society. Harvard University professor Joseph Nye noted that decoupling is impossible between China and the U.S., as no country can tackle global issues alone.
China is the largest developing country while the U.S. is the largest developed country; both are vital in promoting global economic growth as well as addressing global challenges as permanent members of the United Nations Security Council.
San Francisco has witnessed century-long history of exchanges between Chinese and American people; it is now seen as a new starter for China-U.S relations after sailing through hidden reefs and rapids from Bali to San Francisco
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Californer
- Arcellx Announces Continued Robust Long-Term Responses from Its CART-ddBCMA (anito-cel) Phase 1 Expansion Trial in Patients with Relapsed or Refractory Multiple Myeloma at ASH
- Feast of the Seven Fishes at Cibo Modern Mediterranean
- California: Governor Newsom Reaffirms Support for Updated Delta Conveyance Proposal
- Emory Healthcare Network and Peachtree Immediate Care continue collaboration, sign new long-term agreement
- On behalf of the At Your Service Plumbing Club Members, we have donated to The Salvation Army and Families Network Unlimited this Holiday Season
- Entry Deadline is January 12 for California Strawberry Festival Artwork Contest
- 1H-Benzotriazol-1-yloxytripyrrolidinophosphonium Hexafluorophosphate (Highly Pure)
- Open Networking & Edge Summit 2024 in Silicon Valley Extends CFP Deadline to December 17 and releases 2024 Ecosystem Predictions
- California Community College Expands with 17-Device Order
- Operation Bullpen Stan Fitzgerald hits back on political persecution with "The Fall of Deceit" now available for purchase
- Neberon Heated Gloves: Your Best Winter Companion for Christmas
- Joby, ANA Holdings Partner with Nomura Real Estate Development for Vertiports in Japan
- Zero Upfront Fee Website- Thinking About Starting A Business?
- Penny S. Tee, MBA: A Beacon of Peace Amidst Conflict
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 12.7.23
- Habitat EJC Assembles National Team for Permanently Affordable Community
- State Marks 100+ Water System Consolidations, Providing Safe Drinking Water for 90,000 Californians
- Chaos Loc Releases New Album "Life After Super Max"
- Joel Osman is Promoted to Partner at Parker Shaffie LLP
- Scott Cooper Miami Project Announces New Scholarship Winner: Aban Khan