- Financial Solutions Inc. Receives the 2020 Best of Sheridan Wyoming Award
- Ziggurat Technologies' Zivolve™ is Now Available for Android Users on the Google Play Store, Revolutionizing Mobile Investing Beyond the Apple iOS App
- The Business Consultant behind The First Black-owned BP
"COVID-19 cases are surging in San Francisco and across the country. Hospitals in the Bay Area are close to being overwhelmed," said San Francisco Mayor London N. Breed. "We must do whatever we can to contain the virus and stop its circulation in our community. Now is not the time to travel and risk being exposed or exposing others. We need to do the right thing to protect ourselves, our neighbors and our loved ones and make sure that we can celebrate together when this is over."
The travel quarantine order strongly discourages non-essential travel of any kind and within any distance, including from one location to another within the Bay Area. Additionally, it requires anyone who comes to San Francisco to quarantine for 10 days if they spent any time outside the following 9 Bay Area counties: San Mateo, Santa Clara, Alameda, Contra Costa, Solano, Sonoma, Napa, Marin and Santa Cruz. This includes returning residents, people moving to San Francisco, those who work in San Francisco, and visitors, unless specifically exempted by the order.
More on The Californer
- San Jose: San José Officials Reappoint Independent Police Auditor
- California: Governor Newsom Issues Proclamation Declaring Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day 1.15.21
- Alpha and Omega Semiconductor to Announce Fiscal Second Quarter 2021 Financial Results
- Regional Mexican stars Calibre 50 release compilation album "Las Numero 1 de Calibre 50"
- Mayor London Breed Announces Plan to Create Network of COVID-19 Vaccination Sites in San Francisco
The travel quarantine order allows exemptions for medical professionals, first responders, official government business, essential infrastructure work, and other activities, including any travel to receive medical care or travel required by a court order, like transferring custody of a child. People transiting through San Francisco International Airport on connecting flights and not staying overnight in San Francisco are not required to quarantine. For a full list of exemptions visit www.sfcdcp.org/travel.
Individuals required to quarantine must remain home without physical interaction with others outside their household except in emergency or health care situations. They are not allowed to go to work, school, or any other venue outside their home for 10 days. For further assistance during quarantine, visit sf.gov/quarantining-covid-19
The restriction on non-essential travel and the mandatory quarantine is necessary due to rapid and widespread COVID-19 infections and hospitalizations that threaten our region's ability to provide intensive care for critically ill patients. As of Wednesday, December 16th the Bay Area's ICU capacity had fallen below 15% and triggered the State of California's Regional Stay Home order. Infection rates outside the Bay Area continue to be Travel outside the Bay Area increases an individual's chance of getting infected and spreading the virus to others upon their return , especially since the nature of travel usually includes interactions with many people. To protect San Franciscans, this health order seeks to quarantine those who are at risk of being infected due to their travels so that they cannot spread COVID-19 to others in the community.
More on The Californer
- Simplr's Human Cloud Network Honored as One of Glassdoor's Top 50 Best Places to Work in 2021
- Ask Sharifah Adds New Podcast "The Winner's Journey Podcast with Host Viviana Puello" To Talk Show Lineup
- Mayor London Breed Names Tongo Eisen-Martin as San Francisco's Poet Laureate
- AUA College of Medicine Establishes Admissions Agreement with Mississippi Valley State University
- Dollyhood Records Signs Distribution Deal With Sony!
"This virus spreads through human interaction and social gatherings, including through people with no symptoms. We need to take steps now to control the spread of the virus and save lives," said Dr. Grant Colfax, Director of Health, City and County of San Francisco. "Quarantining people who have traveled and been in contact with others is one way to help manage the spread of COVID-19."
The travel order becomes effective at 12:01 a.m. on December 18, 2020 and will remain in effect until 12:01 a.m. on January 4, 2021 and may be extended as necessary if the surge continues. For the full health order and answers to frequently asked questions about the health order, visit www.sfcdcp.org/travel. For information on celebrating the holidays safely at home, visit www.sf.gov/HolidaysAtHome.
Latest on The Californer
- Consolidated Contracting Forms "Consolidated Building Health" Division to Effectively Control the Spread of Diseases in Senior Living Communities
- HAGENS BERMAN, NATIONAL TRIAL ATTORNEYS, Investigating Eos Energy Enterprises (EOSE) For Possible Securities Fraud in Light of Analyst Questions About Company's Customers, Encourages EOSE Investors to Contact Its Attorneys Now
- Motivational Fitness Radio Station Launches Hip Hop Rock
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 1.14.21
- San Jose: Media Advisory: Volunteers put the Community in Community Service
- 607th Consecutive Common Stock Monthly Dividend Declared By Realty Income
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Additional Security Actions in Advance of Presidential Inauguration
- "Diamond Fuji" to be Seen from TOKYO SKYTREE in February
- California: Governor Newsom Launches Transparency, Accountability and Assistance Measures in the State's Safe Schools for All Plan
- Port of Los Angeles Cargo Reaches 9.2 Million TEUs in 2020
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed Announces $25 Million Early Education Economic Recovery Program
- Mayor London Breed Nominates Assessor Carmen Chu as San Francisco City Administrator
- 2U 15.1" Depth Rackmount Computer with 2 x Hot-Swap Hard Drive Trays - RMC5254
- Victorville Community Resource Center Named California HUD EnVision Center
- Green Stream Holdings Prepares for NE Solar Projects with New Production Space
- Texpak Offers Environmentally-Friendly Ecotach™ Fasteners to Address Sustainability Needs
- LA Kings Announce Partnership With the California Department of Health Care Services' CalHOPE Program as Team's First-Ever Official Helmet Partner
- Tuya Smart Becomes Google Authorized Solution Provider
- Los Angeles-Based Social Media Marketing Agency Gains National Traction
- THine names new worldwide Director of Sales for embedded camera and video transmission technologies