- Sacramento resident and author, Susan D. Powers, puts family first in her new book - 199
- TVS Boxing Network Adds Six Greatest Fights of the 20th Century to Summer Schedule on WatchYour.TV
- TVS Vintage Network.Com Adds Iconic Family Shows From First Decade of Television, on WatchYour.TV
The graduating Boulé Scholars are Ryan Houston (California State Polytechnic University), Chase Johnson, (Hampton University), and Marcus Powe (University of San Diego). The other graduates are George Bhimji, IV (Los Angeles Community College), Tyler Johnson (American University), Ethan Monroe (University of San Francisco), Dylan Wilson (California State University, Northridge), and London Wright (University of California, Merced). L.A.M.P. stands for Leadership, Achievement, Management and Professionalism and was designed for the purposes of developing the leadership potential in African American high school males. The L.A.M.P. Class of 2021 continues the program's track record of success as since inception, 100% of L.A.M.P. Mentees who complete the program enroll in a college or university and receive a scholarship.
More on The Californer
- Green Leaf Lab is leading the way at navigating new California cannabis regulations
- Mark Goode to Build Alliant Public Entity Education & Pooling Practice
- The South Florida International Film Festival Awards Event for June 2021 Celebrated Filmmakers and Screenwriters
- California: Governor Newsom Meets with New FEMA Administrator on Devastation of Climate Crisis, Signs Resources Budget Trailer Bill
- What are the methods to ring at Google
Sigma Pi Phi Grand Sire Archon, Dwayne M. Murray, delivered the program's keynote address and implored the graduates to hold on to the lesson they were taught in L.A.M.P. as those lessons will make a difference in their lives as they go forward. L.A.M.P. 2010 alumnus, Russell Richey II, provided the alumni remarks in which he encouraged the graduates to stay curious and to always believe in themselves. The program also featured Jeremiah Davis, L.A.M.P. Class of 2022, delivering a passionate spoken word piece about the power of "The Black Family."
During the program the Foundation also presented the inaugural Archon Julius Johnson Community Service Award to Diane Anchundia, Associate Dean for Loans and Outreach at the University of Southern California. For many years, Dean Anchundia has conducted a workshop entitled, How to Fund a College Education, and provided expert counsel on the college financial aid process. Archon Johnson was one of the founders, and served as the first President, of the Gamma Zeta Boulé Foundation. He was on the Foundation Board of Directors and was a consistent volunteer in the L.A.M.P. Program until his untimely passing in June 2020.
Gamma Zeta Boulé Foundation President, Ramsey Jay, Jr. made the following statement, "The eight scholars of the L.A.M.P. Class of 2021 are truly establishing themselves as the best of the best, in terms of scholarship and leadership, and provide yet another example of the fruitful results emanating from communal advocacy. Together, this distinguished cohort, provides credible evidence of the prevailing mission of The Foundation's Social Action campaign: to improve society, with an emphasis on amplifying the possibility set of the next generation, while simultaneously espousing a higher type of manhood, which is the hallmark of Sigma Pi Phi Fraternity."
More on The Californer
- Amobee Names Nick Brien as Chief Executive Officer
- California: Newsom Administration Secures 12 Additional Firefighting Aircraft to Support Statewide Fire Response
- Outdoor Access for All: California Establishes New Pilot Programs to Expand Youth Access to State Parks
- TVS Flashback Network.Com Adds Diffren't Strokes, Golden Girls, and Becker to Fall Schedule
- Extreme Tech Challenge Announces Strategic Partnership With the Food & Agriculture Organization of the United Nations to Advance Technology-Enabled Resilient Food Systems
You can replay this extraordinary Scholarship Ceremony by clicking here. You may learn more about the Gamma Zeta Boulé Foundation and the L.A.M.P. Mentor program at www.gzbfoundation.org and to support L.A.M.P. please visit www.gzbfoundation.org/donate. If you have questions or desire more information, please contact Ramsey Jay, Jr., President, [email protected] or Gilbert Holmes, Program Coordinator, [email protected], or [email protected].
SOURCE Gamma Zeta Boule Foundation, Inc.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Californer
- Evolve IP Recognized in 2021 Gartner Market Guide for Desktop as a Service for Third Consecutive Year
- GA-ASI and UK MoD Exercise Contract for Additional 13 Protector RPAS
- KIMTRUE Shares Secrets to Getting and Maintaining Beautiful, Healthy Hair
- JetMax AI Vision Robotic Arm to be launched soon on Kickstarter
- Sonorous Records To Release 8 Albums Of Original Recordings By The Five Blind Boys Of Alabama
- Storage Made Easy announces SMBStream™, a new product that offers secure accelerated access to SMB Shares over the Internet
- Things to know before change or cancellation of your booked flight
- Twilio Achieves Full Compliance with STIR/SHAKEN Protocols to Combat Illegal Robocalls
- Gymboree Play & Music Announces Collaboration with DreamWorks Animation Series, Gabby's Dollhouse
- (CVA Alert) Johnson Fistel Investigates Proposed Sale of Covanta; Is $20.25 a Fair Price?
- NeoPhotonics to Host Conference Call to Discuss 2021 Second Quarter Financial Results on Tuesday, August 3, 2021
- Angel brings a delightful song with a powerful message called; You will always be (My Baby Girl)
- Pharma and Biotech to Highly Invest in RNA Therapeutics to Expedite Research & Development across the Globe USA - English USA - English
- California: Governor Newsom Statement on Proposed $26 Billion National Opioid Settlement
- Diversity News Media Brands Publisher Files Trademark For Diversity News Magazine Dot Com Domain Name
- Glancy Prongay & Murray LLP Obtains Important Ruling for Tenaris S.A. Investors in Securities Fraud Class Action
- CLARA Analytics Appoints Tom Warden as Chief Insurance and Science Officer
- Governor, Mayors and Police Chiefs Talk Public Safety in Long Beach
- Markethive Standing Tall In The New Ocean Of Crypto Currencies
- California: Governor Newsom Signs Legislation to Bolster State's Film and Television Industry, Creating Good Jobs and Promoting a Diverse Workforce