- Mars Branded Skittles® and Starburst Cotton Candy to Launch!
- Waste Management Shareholder News: Robbins LLP is Investigating Waste Management, Inc. (WM) on Behalf of Shareholders
- James Postrasija, CEO of Order Food Online on Platform Features/Benefits
I'm excited to announce that Long Beach and our Office of Youth Development are launching two grant opportunities to help young people in our city most impacted by COVID-19, chronic health conditions, crime and poverty. This program is funded by Measure US which voters in our city approved in 2020 and is already being used to invest in our environment and our next generation.
You can find more information on these programs and apply for funding here.
The two grant opportunities launching are:
- The Youth 100 Fund which will provide mini-grants of between $500 and $2,000 to groups working in our community to advance youth engagement. These include opportunities for both formal non-profits and informal groups like student, parent and neighborhood organizations.
- And the Midsize Learning Community which will provide $10,000 for single organizations and $25,000 for collaborations between organizations working to advance the goals of the City's Youth and Emerging Adults Strategic Plan — especially physical, mental and emotional health, planning for the future, community care and transportation.
In addition to these grant opportunities, we will be offering additional funding to support youth in Long Beach through our Health Department by the end of this summer. I'm grateful to the Nonprofit Partnership which is helping to manage the distribution of these grants and to Long Beach voters for choosing to make this strong investment in our future.
More on The Californer
- Ganglioside GT1a Antibody High Purity
- Dnase-Free and Rnase-Free Distilled Water
- Long Beach: Happy Fourth of July Weekend
- TVS Television Network Launches First Outlook Original Programming You Tube Channel
- The Atlas Elite Entertainment Music Award online is coming!
Thank you and Go Long Beach,
Mayor Robert Garcia
Latest on The Californer
- Summit County Pest Control Is Going After The American Cockroach
- How do I change my name on Delta Airlines?
- New Highland Cow Decor-Highland Cow Art
- Lieff Cabraser LLP, Stiegler Law Firm LLC, and Robert B. Landry III PLC File Federal Lawsuit Against Apple, Inc. for Failure to Pay Overtime and Other Lawfully Required Compensation to Apple Solutions Consultants
- California: Governor Newsom Grants Executive Clemency 7.1.22
- San Jose: Notice of Availability: Cambrian Park Plaza Final EIR with Responses to Public Comments
- ASPINA Announces AMR Solutions
- San Jose: Media Advisory: Construction Begins for Newbury Park, San José's Newest Neighborhood Park
- Bitwise Announces Results of June 2022 Month-End Crypto Index Reconstitution
- Catalyst Environmental Solutions Acquires AWR Environmental to Expand Geographic Footprint and Suite of Services
- Prepper Essentials Online: Be Prepared For Any Outdoor Survival Situation
- 65% of Today's Workforce Is Actively Looking for Another Job; Culture Over Everything Is the Solution
- Cucamonga Valley Medical Group initiatives focus on growth, patient care
- ADVANTEC-USA Announces the Appointment of Carlos Ortiz, PE, TE, PTOE to Chief Executive Officer
- "This Program Was Truly a Blessing": Facts from California's Nation-Leading $4 Billion State Rent Relief Program
- Signs By Veterans and Savage Shakers Founder Announces Sponsorship for #TEAMUSA Para-Athlete Brian Conwell
- RINGO CELEBRATES HIS BIRTHDAY WITH HIS ANNUAL CAMPAIGN FOR PEACE & LOVE WHICH INCLUDES 26 CELEBRATIONS IN COUNTRIES AROUND THE WORLD AND THIS YEAR WILL ALSO SEE HIS MESSAGE OF PEACE AND LOVE BEAMED UP TO THE STARS AND ORBIT THE EARTH
- EY Names Tim and Chris Vanderhook of Viant Technology as Entrepreneurs of the Year® 2022 Pacific Southwest Award Winners
- Governor Newsom Takes Action to Further Restrict Ghost Guns and Protect California Kids from Gun Violence
- Fragner Seifert Pace & Mintz, LLP Promotes Alex Flumenbaum to Partner