- Sinaloa Cartel Embraces Diversity and Inclusion in the Post-Chapo Era
- Bioscience industry leader Guillermo Zuñiga receives honorary doctorate at Cal State LA Commencement
- City of Long Beach Seeks Feedback on Procurement Process Via Vendor Engagement Survey
I'm excited to announce that Long Beach and our Office of Youth Development are launching two grant opportunities to help young people in our city most impacted by COVID-19, chronic health conditions, crime and poverty. This program is funded by Measure US which voters in our city approved in 2020 and is already being used to invest in our environment and our next generation.
You can find more information on these programs and apply for funding here.
The two grant opportunities launching are:
- The Youth 100 Fund which will provide mini-grants of between $500 and $2,000 to groups working in our community to advance youth engagement. These include opportunities for both formal non-profits and informal groups like student, parent and neighborhood organizations.
- And the Midsize Learning Community which will provide $10,000 for single organizations and $25,000 for collaborations between organizations working to advance the goals of the City's Youth and Emerging Adults Strategic Plan — especially physical, mental and emotional health, planning for the future, community care and transportation.
In addition to these grant opportunities, we will be offering additional funding to support youth in Long Beach through our Health Department by the end of this summer. I'm grateful to the Nonprofit Partnership which is helping to manage the distribution of these grants and to Long Beach voters for choosing to make this strong investment in our future.
More on The Californer
- Trump Bus Tour sponsored by Legacy PAC will roll into the Georgia GOP State convention June 9th and 10th Columbus Georgia
- Pettit Kohn Welcomes Esteemed Attorney John E. Drazkowski to the Arizona Team
- Forge Global CFO to Present at the Upcoming 43rd Annual William Blair Growth Stock Conference
- Leading Business Events Management Company, PRA Acquires Weil & Associates
- TVS Television Network In Production for 'Music Movie' No Mas With Principal Shooting in New Mexico
Thank you and Go Long Beach,
Mayor Robert Garcia
Filed Under: Government, City
Latest on The Californer
- Water.Bodies.Land brings leading Bay Area artists together in celebration of the black female body – Live At Somarts – July 14 & 15
- Entrinsik Appoints Madhavi W. Chandra as Chief Product Officer
- Golden Ticket Productions Launches New Website
- "On the Los Angeles Road" with Earl Ofari Hutchinson Presents Fascinating Exploration of Los Angeles
- Perfect Ffit: the new mobile game that puts your timing and strategy skills to the test. Can you get a Perfect Fit?
- BRIAN MAY + FRIENDS: "STAR FLEET PROJECT" Special 40th Anniversary Edition
- Maze Therapeutics to Participate in the 2023 Jefferies Healthcare Conference
- Aquia Launches Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud Security Assessment Offering, Pairing Automation With Deep Cloud Security Expertise
- Black Cat Artist-in-Residency Program Nurtures Musicians' Bellies & Souls
- UserGems Enables Companies to Generate More Revenue with Enhanced Account Tracking
- Orbex Launches New ZERO Spread Trading Account with $1 Commission per Side
- Grace Cathedral Welcomes Genre-Defining Virtuoso Vocalist Bobby McFerrin as the 2023 Artist in Residence
- INVESTIGATION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Announces it is Investigating Claims Against U-Haul Holding Company and Encourages Investors with Losses to Contact the Firm
- Who is this Gavin White Recording Artist
- Alpha Gold Fund Receives Recognition Of Excellence Awards
- STARS Academy School - Arts-Integrated Education: Now Accepting Applications for Fourth Year
- Introducing the New Heard & Grace Father's Day Subscription Box Set
- Nationwide Boiler Donates Record Amount After Annual Charity Golf Tournament
- Artificial Intelligence System Predicts Consequences of Gene Modifications
- Ohio County Commission President & Founder of the Cincinnati Black Music Walk of Fame, Alicia Reece, Announces Grand Opening of New Tourism Attraction