- Celebrate Earth Day on a wine-filled adventure along the Shawangunk Wine Trail!
- California: State Reaffirms Right to Contraceptive Care
- Multi-Platinum Songwriter Harold Payne Releases New Inspirational Anthem
Earlier this week we launched a new website for Long Beach Pledge, our city's Guaranteed Income Pilot Program. The program will serve some of our most vulnerable residents with a goal to provide 500 single-parent families in the 90813 zip code with $500 a month for a full year.
More information is available on the website: here.
In addition to providing direct payments, the Long Beach Pledge team will offer each household the ability to connect to many other resources including access to childcare assistance, transportation support, workforce training, and digital inclusion services such as internet connectivity. Applications for eligible residents will be launching next month, and anyone interested in applying or learning more can sign up to receive updates via email.
More on The Californer
- TERRASHADE® Receives Patent Approval for Innovative Portable Shade Structure
- California: Governor Newsom Honors Three Law Enforcement Officers With Medal of Valor
- Veracyte's Decipher Prostate Test Receives Highest Evidence-Level Rating Among Molecular Tests in Updated Prostate Cancer NCCN Guidelines
- ENTOUCH Awarded Prestigious Recognition in Inc. Regionals Southwest 2024
- Viking Therapeutics Announces Proposed Public Offering of Common Stock
The website also features a donation page where members of our community can help support the expansion of this pilot program. All donations will go directly towards payments to participating families and could help us reach more residents for a longer period.
This is a huge step forward for Long Beach as we continue working to address the basic needs of families and our community. I'm proud of our city for embracing this proposal and for stepping up to help lead this national movement to end poverty. I also want to thank the Mayors for Guaranteed Income coalition, our Community Working Group and the nonprofit Fund for Guaranteed Income for their work to create and administer this important initiative.
Thank you and Go Long Beach,
Mayor Robert Garcia
Latest on The Californer
- Jason Markk attains B Corp Certification
- Marysville Chinese Community Hosts 144th Bok Kai Weekend Celebration in Marysville, CA March 8-10
- Pulliam For President Campaign Files Lawsuit Against California Secretary Of State
- HighStream Fiber Continues to Grow and Satisfy Customers with netElastic CGNAT
- With a 2-Year Revenue Growth of 1535%, Ironside HR is No. 8 on Inc. Regionals 2024 Southwest List
- Location3 Honored with 2024 Inc. Regionals Award
- Safecamp Audio Launches Innerviews, New Foster Care Podcast
- Veryon brings AI-powered solutions to PBEXPO in Miami
- New horizons for Virtual Pets Fans
- EARN ALLIANCE INTRODUCES FIRST-IN-MARKET WEB3 GAMING DISCOVERY PLATFORM THAT REWARDS GAMERS, AND PROVIDES "ENGAGEMENT AS A SERVICE" SOLUTION FOR DEVELOPERS
- Exciting News: "Long Live the Baron" Soars into Top 200 on Amazon Bookstore
- Evolus to Participate in Upcoming Leerink Partners and Barclays Investor Conferences
- Discover the Jowl Lift: a non-invasive facial procedure created by Dr. Paulo Martin
- Socket Mobile Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2023 Results Release Date and Conference Call
- New Book Challenges AI Implementations
- MashUp presents 8th Annual International Women's Day Dance Festival
- Rocky Michaels releases his latest official music video, 'Seasons'
- City Encourages Long Beach Residents Enrolled in the U.S. Affordable Connectivity Program to Review Internet Bill as Program Funding Nears Completion
- Yours Humanly to Hold 7th Annual Gift of Schooling Gala, March 9, Blackhawk Museum
- Cal Lutheran Professor Named Inaugural Faculty Fellow