- Bob Holz New Video with Darryl Jones of the Rolling Stones, Concert, Album and Endorsement
- Immediate Therapy for Urinary Incontinence in Women
- SHAREHOLDER ACTION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Encourages Investors in Ryvyl Inc. with Losses of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
Earlier this week we launched a new website for Long Beach Pledge, our city's Guaranteed Income Pilot Program. The program will serve some of our most vulnerable residents with a goal to provide 500 single-parent families in the 90813 zip code with $500 a month for a full year.
More information is available on the website: here.
In addition to providing direct payments, the Long Beach Pledge team will offer each household the ability to connect to many other resources including access to childcare assistance, transportation support, workforce training, and digital inclusion services such as internet connectivity. Applications for eligible residents will be launching next month, and anyone interested in applying or learning more can sign up to receive updates via email.
More on The Californer
- California: Governor Newsom Honors Two CHP Officers With Medal of Valor
- California: Governor Newsom Names Sean Duryee CHP Commissioner
- California: Governor Newsom Calls Out Big Oil on Continued Push for Drilling in Neighborhoods
- City of Long Beach to Provide Sanitation and Water Filling Services to People Living in Recreational Vehicles
- SHAREHOLDER ACTION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Encourages Investors in Atlassian Corporation with Losses of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
The website also features a donation page where members of our community can help support the expansion of this pilot program. All donations will go directly towards payments to participating families and could help us reach more residents for a longer period.
This is a huge step forward for Long Beach as we continue working to address the basic needs of families and our community. I'm proud of our city for embracing this proposal and for stepping up to help lead this national movement to end poverty. I also want to thank the Mayors for Guaranteed Income coalition, our Community Working Group and the nonprofit Fund for Guaranteed Income for their work to create and administer this important initiative.
Thank you and Go Long Beach,
Mayor Robert Garcia
Latest on The Californer
- The estate of Shirley Baskin, co-founder of Baskin Robbins, is part of Andrew Jones' Feb. 22 auction
- Presto to Report Second Quarter 2023 Financial Results on February 14, 2023
- San Jose: City to Add Foster Youth Housing
- Bosco Tech to Host Internationally Acclaimed Educational Expert Dr. Michael G. Thompson on Feb. 27
- Governor Newsom Announces Designation of Three More California Jurisdictions as Prohousing for Strides Made to Accelerate Housing Production
- SEW Acquires 3Insys - Provider of an Agile iPaaS Integration Platform for the Energy and Utility industry
- Avirmax Biopharma Inc. Will Present at Glaucoma 360 New Horizons Forum 2023
- Max Verstappen Signs With EA Sports™
- Juicefly Offers High-Quality Vape Products in Los Angeles
- Flexiv Launches Revolutionary Force-Controlled Parallel Robot
- For the Tenth Consecutive Year, Persistent Ranked a Leader in Zinnov Zones Engineering Research and Development Services Ratings USA - English USA - English
- How moving online helped us scale regional meetups
- Shareholder Alert: Robbins LLP Informs Investors of Class Action Against Honda Motor Co., Ltd.
- ATEN Technology Empowers BYOD Collaboration with New Presentation Switches
- SET Announces Groundbreaking Solar Boost Technology
- Soft Treats That Older Dogs Can Sink Their Teeth Into
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 2.2.23
- The 10 Principles Of Economics And How They Can Benefit You
- HVAC Alliance Expert Offers Reliable Central Heating System Installation Across California and New York
- California: Governor Newsom on Fifth Circuit Court Ruling Allowing Domestic Violence Abusers to Possess Guns