- The New World of Social Networking: How Emojizing is Redefining Online Branding
- Amelia Earhart's Plane Possibly Found in Nikumaroro Lagoon
- Loop Neighborhood Welcomes New CFO, Jonathan Louie
There is no question that our city has had one of the most successful vaccine rollout efforts in California and as of today, we have hit another huge milestone: Long Beach has now vaccinated over 50% of eligible adults in our city.
Just under two weeks ago we began offering walk-up vaccinations to any resident 16 years or older and were one of the first jurisdictions in California to do so. As our economy slowly begins to open, the vaccination of so many will help slow community spread and move us closer to herd immunity.
Looking back, we were also one of the first to distribute vaccines to everyone 50 years and up — and I am so proud we took this step. I recently reflected on all our work to get vaccines out to our residents in an op-ed published in the Grunion Gazette. You can read that here.
More on The Californer
- MBK Senior Living Annouces Promotion of Engle and Hill
- City of Angeles City of Mental Health
- San Francisco Announces Plan to Reopen City Hall to Public
- Long Beach: Expanded and Extended Rental Assistance
- ATEC Expands ISO 17025 Calibration Accreditation to LISNs & CDNs
Thank you to all those who stepped up and got the COVID-19 vaccine early on, and paved the way for the rest of our community. We have come such a long way in our vaccine efforts, and I want to encourage everyone to get vaccinated if you haven't already. After so many weeks of vaccination around the country, we are moving closer and closer to a full reopening of the economy.
I am looking forward to strengthening our businesses, our organizations and our support for one another as a community.
Thank you and please continue to stay safe,
Mayor Robert Garcia
Latest on The Californer
- Michael Johnson Performance chooses Mondo for training center tracks and weight room flooring
- Evolve IP Offers Occupancy-Based Pricing For Hospitality Industry
- Capsida Appoints Swati Tole, M.D., as Chief Medical Officer
- Nanometrics Awarded $10 Million US Government Contract to Upgrade its International Seismic Monitoring Network
- NH Research Launches Enerlab™ 2.0 Enterprise Lab Management Software for Remote Battery Testing
- LUCIRA™ CHECK IT COVID-19 Self-Test Now Available on Amazon
- Announcing "My Way Your Way Our Way", Bashiri Johnson's New Video & Single released on Life In Rhythm Media
- Lactose-free Butter Market Size To Reach $984.3 Million By 2028, Increased Health Consciousness Among People & Rising Demand For Quality & Nutritional Food To Act As Growth Drivers | Million Insights
- iPower Inc. Announces its Initial Public Offering and Listing on Nasdaq
- California: Governor Newsom Statement on Death of Stockton Police Department Officer 5.11.21
- Axonics® Announces Upsize and Pricing of Public Offering of Common Stock
- Walker & Dunlop Completes $55 Million Sale for Trophy Multifamily Community in Los Angeles, CA
- California: Governor Newsom Statement on Death of San Luis Obispo Police Department Detective 5.11.21
- Franklin Resources, Inc. Announces Month-End Assets Under Management
- Long Beach: Get Vaccinated & Get 2 Free Aquarium Tickets
- CFIC Funding Announces Dump Truck Financing Program with Good or Bad Credit
- Carrington College San Leandro Announces New Criminal Justice: Corrections Program Director
- Neurana Pharmaceuticals to Present at 21st Annual Pain Therapeutics Conference
- San Jose: Big City Mayors Chair's Statement on California Governor Homelessness Funding Announcement
- BISTel Showcases Smart Pharma Innovation Award Winner GrandView APM at 2021 Manufacturing Assets and Reliability Conference