"MPTF has never been more essential to our entertainment community. It has stepped up during this pandemic in heroic ways both for our residents on campus and for our workforce in the community. We've never been prouder of our efforts to take care of our own," said Jeffrey Katzenberg, Chairman of the MPTF Board of Governors.
MPTF has been a lifeline for entertainment industry members, both working and retired, for the past century by providing social, financial, and health services. Since the pandemic began, MPTF has tripled the number of community members it serves, is assisting with financial relief, help with managing basic living expenses and health insurance, and issues around social isolation and loneliness, stress, and anxiety, and has made over 15,000 social work and care calls.
This year's Host Committee included Rachel Brosnahan, Yvette Nicole Brown, George Clooney, America Ferrera, Josh Gad, Regina King, Billy Porter, Octavia Spencer, Jeremy Strong, and Ramy Youssef.
Guests were treated to musical performances by Bryan Adams, DJ Cassidy, Siedah Garrett, John Legend, Seth MacFarlane, Billy Porter, Noah Reid, Jac Ross, and Robin Thicke.
WME partner Richard Weitz and his daughter Demi, hosts of the highly successful Quarantunes, co-hosted the event.
More on The Californer
- Waterside Productions Announces Susie Cox's New Book, "The Future of the United States"
- Consumers Demand Alcohol Cancer Warning Labels
- Longstanding Viera/Suntree brokerage Vista Florida Realty LLC merges with Dale Sorensen Real Estate, Inc
- The Round Table Talk Show Candidly Interviews Entrepreneurs
- Supernatural Trifecta: Halloween, Blue Moon, and Love & Homegrown Magic
MPTF also partnered with culinary connoisseur and host Billy Harris for a specially curated pre-event mixer for sponsors, with a home delivered meal from longtime MPTF supporters Jon Shook & Vinny Dotolo paired with wine from OVID Napa Valley and specialty cocktails courtesy of Charlotte Voisey from William Grant & Sons.
This year's Presenting Sponsors were Target and PEOPLE.
The entertainment community came together to celebrate their own, with financial support graciously provided by Byron Allen, Amazon Studios, AMC, Greg Berlanti & Robbie Rogers, Deadline, Del Shaw Moonves Tanaka Finkelstein & Lezcano, Directors Guild of America, Disney+, Walt Disney Television, and Hulu, Channing Dungey, Entertainment One, FOX Entertainment, Corey Hawkins, Sherry Lansing, Edward F. Limato Foundation, Kevin McCormick & A. Scott Berg, Katie McGrath & J.J. Abrams, MGM Studios, NBCUniversal, Netflix, Stephen Prough & Marina Berti, Jay Roth & Sherry Grant, Michael Schur, Jeff Shell, Stacey Sher & Kerry Brown, Iris Smith, Octavia Spencer, Variety, ViacomCBS, Dana & Matt Walden, and WarnerMedia. Chairman of MPTF's Board of Governors and long-time supporter of MPTF, Jeffrey Katzenberg, and his wife Marilyn, challenged individual donors with a matching gift for the Evening Before event.
The "Evening Before" event is designed after the highly successful "Night Before," another fundraiser held annually before the Academy Awards® for the past seventeen years to benefit MPTF.
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation serves guests at more than 1,800 stores and at Target.com. Since 1946, Target has given 5% of its profit to communities, which today equals millions of dollars a week. For the latest store count or more information, visit Target.com/Pressroom. For a behind-the-scenes look at Target, visit Target.com/abullseyeview or follow @TargetNews on Twitter.
More on The Californer
- Cotchett, Pitre & McCarthy, LLP Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Android Device Users Against Google and Alphabet for Antitrust Violations
- San Jose purchases 76-unit motel for permanent supportive housing
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed Celebrates Ceremonial Groundbreaking of 100% Affordable Housing on Balboa Park Upper Yard
- Cloe Wilder Releases New Single, "Call Me If You Need Me"
- Connectria and Profound Logic Partner to Provide Unique and Synergistic offerings to IBM i clients
Meredith Corporation's PEOPLE revolutionized personality journalism when it launched as a weekly in 1974 with a mission to celebrate extraordinary people doing ordinary things and ordinary people doing extraordinary things. Ubiquitous and still at the center of pop culture more than 45 years later, the PEOPLE brand is accessible across all media and platforms (print, digital, video, OTT, mobile, social) bringing more than 100 million consumers a unique mix of breaking entertainment news, exclusive photos, video, unparalleled access to the red carpet, celebrities, and in-depth reporting on the most compelling newsmakers of our time. An essential component of PEOPLE's editorial vision remains human interest stories, which touch and often mirror the lives of our passionate audience. ComScore ranks the PEOPLE/Entertainment Weekly Digital Network No. 1 in the entertainment news category. PeopleTV, the advertiser-supported OTT streaming service from PEOPLE and Entertainment Weekly that launched in 2016, features original series and specials focusing on celebrity, red carpet, pop culture, lifestyle and human-interest stories. PEOPLE is an award-winning 24/7 news organization headquartered in NYC with reporters worldwide. For more information visit PEOPLE.com and follow @people on Twitter and Instagram, @peoplemag on Facebook, and the PEOPLE channel on YouTube and on Snapchat's Discover.
MPTF supports working and retired members of the entertainment community with a safety net of health and social services, including temporary financial assistance, case management, and residential living. From childcare to living and aging well with dignity and purpose, MPTF is there to guide the industry workforce through the enormous obstacles life presents. For nearly 100 years, the extraordinary generosity of the entertainment community has enabled MPTF to deliver charitable services to industry members in need. To learn more, visit mptf.com and https://mptf.com/WeAllPlayOurPart/
SOURCE MPTF (Motion Picture & Television Fund)
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Californer
- GUS RUGLEY received 36 bullets, 6 in the head
- The Law Offices of Frank R. Cruz Announces the Filing of a Securities Class Action on Behalf of Tactile Systems Technology, Inc. (TCMD) Investors
- Braeden Lichti - What's Next for the Healthcare Sector?
- San Francisco Launches New Campaign to Unite Communities Against Discrimination
- California: Governor Newsom Announces CHP Commissioner Warren Stanley's Retirement, Names Amanda Ray New Commissioner
- California: Governor Newsom Statement on Death of Riverside County Sheriff's Sergeant 10.20.20
- Why Corporate Scandals Continue Despite 50 Years of Business Ethics Initiatives: New Book From Lanark Press
- Long Beach: Governor's Vaccine Announcement
- Wpromote Named Agency of the Year by Search Engine Land
- Scottsdale Plastic Surgeon Dr. Patti Flint now offering sought-after lip lift procedure
- MAAT Contributes Audio Visualization Tool
- U.S. Department of Defense Awards $87.5 Million to EBRC-led BioMADE Establishing the Bioindustrial Manufacturing Innovation Institute
- Entrepreneur, Investor Signs $100,000 Contract With Hotel To Host First Female Founders Pitch Summit Despite Pandemic
- New Partnership Aims to Create COVID-Safe Zones for Return to Work, Travel, Conferences and Live Events
- Studica Celebrates 35 Years in Business
- Electric Vehicle Company Canoo Announces Appointment Of Tony Aquila As Executive Chairman
- San Jose: Public Review Draft MND: Fire Training Station and Emergency Operations Relocation Project (ER20-180)
- Geoff Bryce Named President of SOICA
- InterVenn Enters into Collaboration with Agilent Technologies on Clinical Glycoproteomic Analysis
- Floaties Swim School Partners With Hope Floats Foundation