- Yet another EU country´s Data Protection Authority makes it official! Google Analytics is out!
- SHAREHOLDER ACTION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Encourages Investors in Yatsen Holding Limited with Losses of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
- SHAREHOLDER ACTION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Encourages Investors in Barclays PLC with Losses of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
Last week, California enacted some of the nation's most aggressive climate measures in history as Governor Newsom signed a sweeping package of legislation to cut pollution, protect Californians from big polluters, and accelerate the state's transition to clean energy – an essential piece of the California Climate Commitment, a record $54 billion investment in climate action.
"In partnership with the Legislature, we just passed the most bold, most comprehensive, and most significant climate policy of any jurisdiction anywhere in the world – big oil lost and they're not used to losing," said Governor Newsom. "Later is too late to act – lifestyles, places, and traditions are being destroyed – and California is leading the world in our efforts to combat climate change."
More on The Californer
- BookingPal Integrates Airbnb Reviews to Help Property Managers Improve Vacation Rental Rankings
- Sydney Brachytherapy Group is the first private non-melanoma skin cancer clinic in Sydney to offer OncoBeta's Rhenium-SCT
- PermaTherm Announces Panels Delivered Quickly Program
- General Inception Creates First-Ever "Igniter" for New Company Formation
- ASI Hosts 24th Annual iNNOVATIONS Conference and Announces Award Winners
Governor Newsom began his trip with a meeting with Chris Bowen, Australian Minister for Climate Change and Energy.
- California and Australia have both experienced devastating wildfires in recent years and we have supported each other through firefighter exchanges since 2000. Governor Newsom and Minister Bowen discussed ways in which we could further collaborate to combat climate change.
The Governor then met with Secretary Hillary Cinton and other leaders at the Clinton Global Initiative (CGI) Executive Roundtable: "Unlocking and Realizing the Benefits of Inclusive Job Growth" and discussed inclusive job growth and the economy of the future. Governor Newsom also met with Patagonia CEO Ryan Gellert to discuss our shared California values and their efforts to help fight climate change.
The day's events concluded with a Fireside Chat with Jacqueline Novogratz at the CGI Spotlight Session: "The Climate Crisis We're Already In: How We Can Accelerate Adaptation to a Changing Climate."
- Governor Newsom highlighted the acceleration of California's actions to combat and adapt to climate change, including a world-leading climate package signed last week.
Governor Newsom kicked off his second day with a meeting with Màiri McAllan, Scotland's Minister for Environment and Land Reform and discussed the longstanding partnership between the two governments to address climate change.
More on The Californer
- NuVasive Announces Agenda for Investor Day 2022
- Lionrock Adds Ketamine Assisted Psychotherapy Program to State-of-the-Art Treatment Offerings for Substance Use Disorder
- Mystery Thriller Film "Mile 19" Announces VOD Release Date and Three City Promo Tour
- Announcing Lizzy Stevens Becoming An Award Winning Author
- California: Governor Newsom Issues Legislative Update 9.28.22
The Governor then delivered remarks at the Climate Week NYC Closing Session: "The New Climate Reality: Energy Certainty in an Uncertain World"
- California's climate leadership was on display at the closing session, as Governor Newsom highlighted the state's recent passage of world-leading climate measures.
The trip was closed out with a fireside chat with Bloomberg journalist, Francine Lacqua, at the United Nations Climate Action: Race to Zero and Resilience Forum.
- The Governor spotlighted California's global climate leadership, including the state's $54 billion climate commitment, nation-leading investment in zero emission vehicles, and world-leading climate policy signed into law last week.
Latest on The Californer
- Distroller Donates Neonate Babies to NICU Families for NICU Sibling Support Day on Sept. 29
- California: On the Record with Governor Gavin Newsom: Saving Water & Building a More Resilient Future
- ATEN Technology Renovates the Desktop for the Hybrid Work Challenge with New KVM Switch
- Experienced Intellectual Property Attorney Christopher Franich Joins Snell & Wilmer's SD Office
- Triunfo Water & Sanitation District Board Approves Reducing Sprinkler Irrigation Time
- Edge AI Innovator Femtosense Raises $8 Million Series A Funding
- CHIRLA, IMMIGRANT RIGHTS GROUPS MOBILIZE IN SUPPORT OF BILL TO EXPAND A PATHWAY FOR RESIDENCY FOR MILLIONS OF LONG-TERM RESIDENTS.
- BEAR Technologies Successfully Completes 2022 SOC 2 Type II Audit
- Exterro Launches FTK® Suite 7.6, Introducing Mobile Parsing, Automation Capabilities, And Industry-First Remote Endpoint Triage
- Lassen Therapeutics Commences Dosing in Phase 1 Clinical Study of LASN01, a First-in-Class Interleukin-11 Receptor-Blocking Antibody
- Honda Advances Support of Hispanic Scholarship Fund with $1 Million Donation
- Re-Introducing Gigahurtz, DJ and Producer
- Pureboost, Amazon's #1 Selling Clean Energy Drink, Raises Over $2M+ Within Hours of Launching Community Round to the Public on Wefunder's Community Investment Platform
- Creating a Telegram sticker pack for brand advertising
- Leopard Imaging to Showcase at VISION in Stuttgart with 2D and 3D Depth Cameras Empowered by onsemi
- Shana Tovah! Happy Rosh Hashanah!
- Tigo Energy Surpasses One-Terawatt Hour of Monitored Solar PV Energy in Europe
- California: Governor Newsom Issues Legislative Update 9.27.22
- 20th Annual Oakland International Film Festival Launches Yearlong Celebration
- South Asian Streaming Service Cpics Expands Executive Board, Announces Head of Programming