- Are Scary Movies Mentally Designed By The Horrific Environment Within Society: New Premiere Smile
- Sensoria Health & Defender announce availability of first smart diabetic boot with remote patient monitoring
- Pacific Surfliner Service Temporarily Suspended South of Irvine Station
"Making the Howard Street corridor safer will save lives and prevent injuries will also encouraging more people to safely use our bike network in the South of Market area," said Mayor London Breed. "We have moved quickly to open protected bike lanes with temporary dividers on Howard Streets, and this will allow us to build on that success and make these changes with more permanent infrastructure. I am thankful for Speaker Nancy Pelosi's support of making our streets safer and her advocacy to Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg this spring to fund the Howard Streetscape Project."
More on The Californer
- New Smart Mouse uses Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Voice Recognition Technology to Improve Business Productivity
- GLASSDOOR APPOINTS DANNY GUILLORY AS CHIEF PEOPLE OFFICER
- One Mind at Work, Columbia University Mental Health + Work Design Lab, and Ethisphere announce the Mental Health at Work Index™, the first of its kind comprehensive strategy to not only measure but also improve and innovate workplace mental health
- Wastewater Facilities Turn to Greasezilla® for Upstream Fats, Oils & Grease Solution and Revenue Generation
- Innovative Computing Systems Sponsors iManage ConnectLive 2022
"Yesterday's announcement is a vital step toward ensuring all San Franciscans can safely share our streets – including on foot or on a bicycle," Speaker Pelosi said. "This $23 million federal investment will help build the safer, greener Howard Street that our City deserves: saving lives, easing commutes, and brining communities closer together. As San Francisco's proud representative in the Congress, it was my privilege to help secure this transformative funding, and I will continue fighting alongside Mayor London Breed to achieve our Vision Zero – ending traffic fatalities in San Francisco by 2024."
Located in the South of Market neighborhood (SoMa), between 11th and 4th streets, the Howard Streetscape Project will improve safety on a high-injury corridor, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, support the City's transformative vision for SoMa as a regional hub, and improve mobility for visitors and residents, including low-income populations who depend most upon riding transit, walking, and bicycling. The transformation of this corridor received strong community engagement and support from safety advocates in San Francisco.
More on The Californer
- Presenting Traveling Hands Massage
- Amplitude Welcomes Tifenn Dano Kwan as Chief Marketing Officer
- Solina to acquire Saratoga Food Specialties
- RevitaLash® Cosmetics Champions Breast Cancer Awareness, Research, and Support Worldwide with 2022 Pink Program Announcement USA - English USA - English
- Jumio Wins Double Gold in the 10th Annual 2022 CEO World Awards®
"All through COVID we've been experimenting with street safety improvements using plastic and paint," said Jeffrey Tumlin, SFMTA Director of Transportation. "We're grateful for Speaker Pelosi's support to upgrade our successful pilots with concrete and trees."
The funding will transform a three-lane westbound, dangerous, and heavily travelled arterial to a proposed two-lane street with bike infrastructure improvements including a protected two-way bikeway, protected intersections and separate bicycle and vehicle phases, pedestrian infrastructure improvements such as raised crosswalks at alleyways, curb ramps and pedestrian-level lighting, and civic amenity zones that include decorative crosswalks and historic plaques and green infrastructure indicative of a safe street design built to protect the most vulnerable road users.
Between 2014 and 2019, three fatalities occurred on the corridor, along with 152 traffic crashes on the Folsom-Howard couplet, with more than half of these involving people walking or biking.
More information about the project is available at sfmta.com/FolsomHoward.
Latest on The Californer
- The Helen Knoll Foundation Announces the #PinkOut for Prevention Campaign
- ArborWorks Announces the Appointment of Karla Wahlgren to the Position of VP of Corporate Operations
- Gordon Judd Joins Nationwide Boiler as New Business Development Executive
- California: Bills, Bills, Bills
- Digital Nomad Alise Saunders Guests on October 6 The Open Highway Show
- Rock and Roll Beauty Launches Iconic Makeup Collection with Ozzy Osbourne
- California Pizza Kitchen Opens New Franchise Location at LAX
- Three Snell & Wilmer Partners Recognized as 2022 Orange County Visionaries by TimesOC B2B Publishing
- PearlFection Dentistry Welcomes 2nd Endodontist, Dr. Frederick Canby, DDS, MS
- MTV Premieres International Superstar Big Hookz New Video, "Break You Down" Featuring Gyptian,Tzy Panchak and Remo
- Glancy Prongay & Murray LLP Reminds Investors of Looming Deadline in the Class Action Lawsuit Against Barclays PLC (BCS)
- New Book Equips Teens from Low-Income Environments to Find Purpose and Overcome Fears about Their Future
- Live Conscious Launches Their First Natural Coffee Alternative With Zero Crash
- The Identity Defined Security Alliance (IDSA) Equips Organizations with Free Identity Security Resources During National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Chroma Opens Austin Sales and Service Office
- FANDOM ACQUIRES LEADING ENTERTAINMENT & GAMING BRANDS INCLUDING GAMESPOT, TV GUIDE AND METACRITIC USA - English USA - English USA - English
- Banc of California Announces Schedule of Third Quarter 2022 Earnings Release and Conference Call
- Movius to Exhibit at 2022 World Aviation Festival in Amsterdam
- Avidin Conjugated to HRP (High Purity)
- Human CD14 Protein (Highly Pure)