- RMM Construction Management Services to Oversee New Buena Vista Rancheria Gov. Bldg
- BATA Lowers Violation Penalties at Bay Area Toll Bridges
- Platinum Equity Completes Sale Of Orbit Irrigation To Husqvarna Group
The renovated blocks of Jefferson Street from Jones Street to Powell Street include widened sidewalks, new lighting and landscaping, expanded seating, and bicycle parking. Additionally, the project narrowed Jefferson Street and installed alternating concrete bands to control vehicle congestion. The Department of Public Works was responsible for constructing both phases along with the Port Authority and the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency.
San Francisco Mayor London Breed, along with Supervisor Aaron Peskin, community leaders, and officials, marked the completion of a decade-long project by inaugurating the renovated Fisherman's Wharf with a ribbon-cutting ceremony. Mayor Breed said she was thrilled to celebrate the "completion of the Jefferson Streetscape improvements and the transformation of this area into a safer, more inviting, and pedestrian-focused corridor."
She added that she's excited to welcome back tourists from around the world who would be able to sit at the plaza and enjoy food and live music. Moreover, she also thanked multiple agencies who supported more than 20 full-time construction and electrical trade workers throughout the pandemic.
More on The Californer
- Direct Mail Reviews - Is Direct Mail Still Effective Today?
- SureShot 2.0 - Breakthrough Billiard and Pool Bridge You Wear on Your Hand Now on Kickstarter
- Paige Founder and Cancer Pathology Thought Leader Dr. David Klimstra Featured on the Impact Podcast with John Shegerian
- Virgelia Productions Produced 33RD Anniversary Pageant
- Actress MARITA DE LARA Recurs on ABC's Daytime Drama GENERAL HOSPITAL
Supervisor Aaron Peskin, who represents Fisherman's Wharf, also expressed his gratitude for working closely with Public Works and the Fisherman's Wharf community over the past few years to help secure funding for this critical pedestrian safety and beautification project. He also asserted the importance of Fisherman's Wharf in supporting the local hospitality industry by generating jobs for San Francisco and Bay Area residents.
Interim Public Works Director Carla Short lauded the city partners' project team and construction crew for working closely during a global pandemic that forced businesses to close almost all construction activity. "This ensured that any construction impact would be minimal once businesses resumed operations and were ready to welcome back locals and out-of-town visitors," she said.
The project to improve Jefferson Street from Jones Street to Powell Street began a decade ago under Fisherman's Wharf Public Realm Plan. The construction crew finished Phase I of the project in 2013 with a nearly $5 million budget. Further, the project's second phase began in 2019 and ran throughout the pandemic without any hassle. During these years, the crew responsible for the project took various measures to ensure that the project was completed with minimal impact to the Fisherman's Wharf corridor and surrounding area.
Latest on The Californer
- My Hidden Crypto Gem: The Defi DAO Fund
- Maní, in State of Yucatán, Named a 'Best Tourism Village' at UNWTO General Assembly
- TruAmerica Multifamily Closes Debut Workforce Housing Fund Oversubscribed at $575 Million
- Tigera Improves Cloud-Native Application Security and Simplifies Microservices Troubleshooting, Reducing Time to Resolution from Hours to Minutes
- Work 365 announces integration with ConnectWise for subscription billing and invoicing
- Announcement of Recruitment for the Executive Vice President of the United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology (USCAP)
- Center Table Winter Harvest Returns This Christmas Season With Food Drive Event On December 16 & 17 At The Mark Cuban Heroes Basketball Center
- NetSpring.io Raises $13M Series A to Usher in the Next Generation of Enterprise Data Intelligence
- Wohler releases new and improved iAM-AUDIO PLUS monitors in 1U and 2U form factors
- IXL, Wyzant and Miami-Dade County Public Schools Partner to Provide Personalized Math Instruction
- Home Lender E Mortgage Capital Hosts Industry Event For Mortgage Professionals
- E Mortgage Capital Announces Home Lending Solutions to the State of Missouri
- Storage Made Easy and PoINT Storage Manager announce new partnership
- Jumio Acquiring 4Stop, Redefining the End-to-End Identity Platform
- Covalent Metrology and JEOL Announce Partnership, Silicon Valley Demonstration Facility
- Janine Gateland Wins Award in Accolade Global Film Competition
- Ionis and AstraZeneca to develop and commercialize eplontersen
- How do I get in touch with Egyptair?
- Silvergate Prices Public Offering of Class A Common Stock
- 2022 Hyundai Tucson Adds Rugged XRT Trim