City of San José
Emergency Operations Center
Rosario Neaves, Director of Communications/EPIO: 210-823-3908
City of San José Media Line: 408-535-7777
City of San José Customer Contact Center: 3-1-1 (408-535-3500)
Updates on City of San José Services and/or Operations
- Coronavirus Relief Funding and General Fund Adjustments: The City of San José has received state and federal assistance for its emergency response to COVID-19; the greatest amount has come from the Coronavirus Relief Fund (CRF), an allocation of $178.3 million to the City authorized by the federal CARES Act. The costs must be returned to the originating funds, such as the General Fund, according to U.S. Treasury Department guidelines. The funds will become available for use in 2020-2021. In response, City Manager Dave Sykes issued a Manager's Budget Addendum (MBA) on May 27 that folds this funding into the City's budget process and restores one-time expenses previously proposed for reduction or not initially included in the budget due to lack of funding. Read the entire MBA on the City's website. Learn New Skills and Brush Up Existing Skills for Free through work2future: work2future offers an easy-to-access online learning service to brush up on skills or pick up new ones for residents who've been sheltering at home and are contemplating a return to places of work as the economy begins to reopen in phases. work2future offers the SkillUp America program from Metrix Learning at no cost to learners. Interested individuals can learn more and register for the program at bit.ly/skillupsanjose. Enrollment in work2future is not needed to access the 5,000 courses available for free. However, enrolling in work2future also opens doors to many other career-oriented resources for residents. A full range of information can be found at www.work2future.org. work2future Virtual Career Fair on June 11: work2future will host their second virtual career fair via Zoom Webinar on June 11 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. A dozen employers from government, business, technology, manufacturing, construction, and other industries will be actively recruiting for essential and remote work positions available right now. Free online pre-registration is required. A complete list of participating employers, open positions, and registration information can be found at bit.ly/June-Job-Fair. Vietnamese and Spanish Webinars about the Eviction Moratorium: On Friday, May 29, the Housing Department will host Zoom webinars about the City's eviction moratorium in Vietnamese and Spanish.
- The Vietnamese webinar will take place at 10:00 a.m. The Zoom link is sanjoseca.zoom.us/j/92605905781. If you prefer to call in, the phone number is 408-638-0968, meeting ID 926 0590 5781. The Spanish webinar will take place at 2:00 p.m. The Zoom link is sanjoseca.zoom.us/j/96445920361. If you prefer to call in, the phone number is 408-638-0968, meeting ID 964 4592 0361.
More on The Californer
- Travel + Leisure Readers give San Miguel De Allende a reason to Celebrate as it ranks in World's Best Awards
- Super Lawyers Recognizes Twenty One Trucker Huss Attorneys in 2020
- MULTI-FUN project aims to enable multi-materials metal additive manufacturing for complex 3D parts without size constraints
- Sage Intacct Names Alta Vista Technology a Premier Partner
- Popular Vote Plan has been published at popularvoteplan.org
Updates from the County of Santa Clara
- Free Summer Camp Opportunities for Qualifying Youth: Children ages 18 and under who live in Santa Clara County and are either qualified for CalWORKS or CalFresh benefits (such as free or reduced price meals), a current or former foster youth, on probation, or have special needs, can go to summer camp for free this year. More information is available on the County's Social Services Agency website. The Santa Clara County Public Health Department has issued specific guidance on how summer programs can operate safely, including limiting the number of children per group and following the County's health protocols.
- May Day for the Arts: May Day for the Arts is a virtual concert to celebrate and support local San Jose performing art groups during the current shelter-in-place. This 4-hour 'virtual Levitt Pavilion' will feature a variety of performances by local artists and producers, for viewing from the comfort of your home. As you enjoy the performances, you will be able to donate directly to the artists themselves through virtual tip jars. Also, at the end of each performance, you will be able to interact live with the performers to ask questions and learn more about who they are and what they do. Presented by Friends of Levitt Pavilion San Jose, Thursday, May 28, 2020, 6:00-10:00 p.m. Register for your free ticket on Eventbrite.
Subscribe to News Releases eNotifications to receive City of San José Flash Reports, and follow us at sanjoseca.gov and @CityofSanJose on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Nextdoor">
More on The Californer
- Y The Wait Presents Its Digital Waiter For Safe And Contactless Dine-in
- Axiros AXESS ACS Enables UK ISP, Origin Broadband, With TR-069 Device Management Solution
- Newest Analysis from ImmersivEdge Advisors Helps Investors Make the Right Moves in the Dynamic AR & Smartglasses Industry
- Market-Connctions Resume Service is now certified in "Recession-Proof Career Strategies"
- Gold Coast Health Plan Awards More than $20,000 in Sponsorships to Ventura County Organizations
Esta información está disponible en español en www.sanjoseca.gov. ">
Thông tin này có sẵn bằng Tiếng Việt trên trang: www.sanjoseca.gov.
A person's risk for COVID-19 is not related to race, ethnicity or culture. City employees must abide by the Discrimination and Harassment policy, and treat colleagues and members of the public with courtesy and respect. Discrimination and/or Harassment of any kind is a violation of the policies and will not be tolerated.
Latest on The Californer
- Cook Islands Voted No. 1 Island
- NS4ed Partners with MetaMetrics to Offer Quantile Measures and Career Database for new Career-Focused Algebra and Geometry Curricula
- Thiel College and local Veterans of Foreign Wars post to research connections to Camp Reynolds and World War II
- Lantek reinforces its southern European presence by adding a new distributor, AlfaSolid, in Greece and Cyprus
- https//account.live.com/password/reset | Change Microsoft Password
- B4GMG and Comedian Jason Toler Announce Release Date of Highly Inappropriate (The Comedy Album)
- JNESHIA Unveils New Single "KINGZ"
- California: Governor Newsom Statement on Selection of New UC President
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 7.7.20
- Pacific Retail Capital Partners nominated for nine 2020 ICSC MAXI Awards
- WJ Castle Awarded Underwater Inspection Contract from PEPCO Holdings
- San Jose Mayor Liccardo Responds to State Approval of Santa Clara County Variance Application for Next Phase of Reopening
- 911 Restoration Opens Two New Branches
- San Francisco Announces Temporary Pause in Next Phase of Reopening Amid Rise in COVID-19 Activity
- Gig Workers Financial Concerns Surveyed By Association
- Flagship Cruises & Events COVID-19 Update
- PayCafe Announces New Partnership with JVZoo
- Brasa Capital Management Closes on Inaugural Credit Vehicle
- Long Beach: We Fought For And Got $53 Million In COVID Relief
- Consolidate All Inventory Data with the New Enterprise License