- Single Operated Newsletter - Create A Podcast Using Artificial Intelligence
- Black-Owned Fitness Start-Up Aims to Fix Healthcare for African Americans
- WIESENTHAL at North Coast Repertory Theatre
City of San José
Emergency Operations Center
Carolina Camarena/Colin Heyne, City of San José Media Line: 408-535-7777
City of San José Customer Contact Center: 3-1-1 (408-535-3500)
Updates on City of San José Services and/or Operations
- Webinar for Statewide Eviction Moratorium: The Housing Department is hosting a webinar for landlords and tenants to discuss the new statewide eviction moratorium that replaced the City's local moratorium. The webinar is scheduled for Friday, Sept. 18 at 1:00 pm. Click here for Zoom details. You can also join by phone: 877-853-5257; Webinar ID: 923 1309 1851.
- Which Park Amenities are Open?: The Santa Clara County and State orders allow some park amenities to reopen with new protocols in place. Those who choose to use opened park amenities are expected to abide by all posted signage as well as the orders and guidance from the Santa Clara County Public Health Department. This includes staying out of closed amenities, using face coverings unless you are actively exercising, no sharing of recreational equipment, and only using open facilities with members of your household. The City of San José continues to evaluate our reopenings in consideration of the health and safety of our community. See the full list of closures for details. For updates and details on reopened facilities and amenities, please visit bit.ly/prnsreopens.
COVID-19 Testing, Tracing, and Support Services
If you need a COVID-19 test, don't wait! A high rate of testing helps identify and stop the spread of COVID-19 cases, and is one of the factors that is helping our county reopen under the new State regulations. There are many options for testing. Some testing sites are listed below, but there are many more throughout the county. For a full list of COVID-19 testing sites in Santa Clara County, go to www.sccfreetest.org or call 2-1-1.
More on The Californer
- 13:53 ET Verse.io launches trustContact™ to ensure businesses get their calls and SMS delivered to customers
- Distroller World Releases First-Ever FlyNerlies Designed to Fly
- Thiel College climbs US News & World Report rankings, recognized for social mobility
- Holiday Gift Giving & Gatherings - the Best Natural, Organic, and Eco-friendly Products
- The New Platform Changing the Way You Shop for Natural, Organic, and Eco-friendly Products
The County offers support options for people who test positive or have been in contact with someone who is COVID-19 positive. If you need help with food, bills, or a place to stay while you isolate or quarantine, please call 408-808-7770 to learn about support services from the County of Santa Clara.
- COVID-19 Pop-Up Testing Sites: The pop-up testing program operated by Santa Clara Valley Medical Center can now provide automated results via text message – often as soon as the day after the test is administered. Nasal swab testing is free for everyone—no health insurance or doctor's note is required. No appointment is needed; anyone can simply stop by to get tested. A list of pop-up locations can be found on the Public Health Department's website.
Pop-up sites open this week include:
- Overfelt High School (Gymnasium)
1835 Cunningham Ave
San José, CA 95122
Tuesday-Friday, Sept. 15-18, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- South County Annex (formerly Antonio Del Buono School)
9300 Wren Ave
Gilroy, CA 95020
Tuesday-Friday, Sept. 15-18, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Appointments Available for Testing in San José and Campbell: Valley Medical Center's appointment-based testing events are taking place this week in San José and Campbell. These are scheduled, walk-up appointments for people without symptoms only. Valley Medical Center testing sites can now provide automated results via text message – often as soon as the day after the test is administered. Sign up online for a walk-up COVID-19 test appointment. Testing is free and no insurance is required. You can schedule using your phone or from a computer using a web browser other than Internet Explorer. Below are the remaining locations and dates for this week. Please note – appointments can only be scheduled up to three days before the testing date.
- San José
Santa Clara County Fairgrounds Parking Lot A, 344 Tully Rd
San José, CA 95111 (across from the blue arch)
Drive-through, bike, and walk-up appointments
By appointment only Tuesday-Friday, Sept. 15-18, 12 – 6:30 p.m. and
Saturday, Sept. 19, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Orchard City Banquet Hall (in Campbell Community Center)
1 W. Campbell Ave.
Campbell, CA 95008
By appointment only for Thursday, Sept. 17, 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- San José
Updates from the County of Santa Clara
More on The Californer
- 10:05 ET Global Recreational Boats Market to Reach $31.7 Billion by 2026
- From Las Vegas to Sioux Falls, SD, "The Sinatra Experience" is a brilliant tribute to Frank Sinatra featuring Vegas-sensation Dave Halston
- Light computes any desired linear transform without a digital processor
- 05:00 ET CMC-Rose Institute poll gauges voter attitudes on two coasts
- Does American Airlines have pet Policy-Cheapflighto
County Health Officer Tightens Requirements for Large Healthcare Companies: Today, County Public Health Officer Dr. Sara Cody issued revisions to the County's June 10, 2020 Healthcare Provider Testing Order, tightening requirements on large healthcare providers to ensure testing is more easily available and without delays to all residents of Santa Clara County. Elected officials from across Santa Clara County, including San José Mayor Sam Liccardo, are calling upon large healthcare providers to comply with the revised testing order. The Order is a legal requirement for large healthcare providers such as Kaiser Permanente, HCA Healthcare, Sutter Palo Alto Medical Foundation, and other private hospitals in Santa Clara County, which are subject to fines for noncompliance. Details are in the revised testing order on the County's website.
Subscribe to https://www.sanjoseca.gov/news-stories/news/eno..." rel="nofollow external noopener">News Releases eNotifications to receive City of San José Flash Reports, and follow us at sanjoseca.gov and @CityofSanJose on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and ">Nextdoor">
Esta información está disponible en español en https://www.sanjoseca.gov/news-stories/news/eme..." rel="nofollow external noopener">www.sanjoseca.gov. ">
Thông tin này có sẵn bằng Tiếng Việt trên trang: www.sanjoseca.gov.
A person's risk for COVID-19 is not related to race, ethnicity or culture. City employees must abide by the Discrimination and Harassment policy, and treat colleagues and members of the public with courtesy and respect. Discrimination and/or Harassment of any kind is a violation of the policies and will not be tolerated.
Latest on The Californer
- William Blunck Named Chief Operating Officer at Southeast Ventura County YMCA
- 10:00 ET Dr.FORHAIR Offers Best-Selling Folligen Original Shampoo at Special Price Through Leading U.S. Membership Retailer
- Troy Aikman Brings Final Smile to Dying Young Fan
- 07:02 ET 1,838 public high schools in 25 states honored for college readiness, success
- Jeffrey Adams Fitness Introduces New Revolutionary Exercise Training Titled "AWSM Body"
- Faith Journey Includes the Good, the Bad and the Proof that God Hears Our Prayers
- Ismail Sirdah on How to Enhance Your Marketing Efforts
- San Jose: San José Mayor, Councilmembers, Propose Plan to Dramatically Reduce Homelessness Population and Beautify City
- Single Operated Newsletter - Cold Email Marketing Campaign
- California: Governor Newsom Signs Nation-Leading Legislation Expanding Protections for Warehouse Workers
- BYD Announces Dealership Agreement with 1 Source Material Handling Inc
- California: Governor Newsom Signs Legislation Strengthening Access to Reproductive Health Care and Protecting Patients & Providers, Lifts Up New Reproductive Freedom Advisory Group
- San Jose: FLASH REPORT #179 - COVID-19 Response and Recovery
- 16:32 ET Beautyforever Hair Brand Day Crazy Deals Are Ready to Surprise
- Atlanta's #1 Food Influencing Brand Launches NFTs for Charity!
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed Announces Organized Retail Crime Initiative
- San Jose: Public Review Draft IS/ND: Cannabis Business Ordinance Update
- Firefly Reservations Partners with BASYS Processing to Bring Simplified Payment Processing to Easy-to-Use Campground Reservation Management Software
- Breaking Cargo Records at the Port of Long Beach
- Oakland International Film Fest Is Underway Don't Miss Your Ticket To The World Live & Virtual