- Dermatologist Fabio Gontijo wins the attention of celebrities with infallible procedures for women's beauty
- Long Beach: 58% of Seniors Vaccinated
- Recording Artist "Cherne" Crystal Brown auditions for Sony Music, Atlantic Records and Capitol Records and it doesn't stop there
City of San José
Emergency Operations Center
Carolina Camarena/Colin Heyne, City of San José Media Line: 408-535-7777
City of San José Customer Contact Center: 3-1-1 or 408-535-3500
Updates on City of San José Services and/or Operations
- Parking Enforcement Resumes for Posted Restriction Violations: The City's enforcement of "No Parking" restrictions during posted times and "No Overnight Parking" restrictions will resume on Mar. 1. They were temporarily suspended at the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. Parking and Traffic Control Officers will begin enforcing these parking restrictions, including issuing citations to vehicles parked during restricted times. Please remember to move your vehicle when posted parking restrictions are active.
- Create a Safe Online Sales Presence - A Free Webinar for Small Businesses: Learn how to sell to new and current customers online, to help your business survive during the pandemic and even grow. The City of San José and Cybertrust America are offering a workshop at 3:30 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 25 to teach you how. You'll learn how to create an online store with secure payment options, cybersecurity, risk management, data privacy, and security compliance. You and your customers will feel safe doing business online. In this free webinar, Cybertrust America will also talk about resources to help you set up faster and more affordably. Registration is encouraged for this workshop.
Updates from County of Santa Clara
- Suicide Prevention Resources: Suicide is a major public health concern that is complicated and tragic, but is often preventable. Knowing the warning signs for suicide and how to get help can save lives. As part of its Suicide Prevention Strategic Plan, Santa Clara County publishes an annual report reviewing local data and providing plan implementation details. In addition to its strategic plan implementation, Santa Clara County is currently raising awareness of suicide prevention among middle-aged Spanish-speaking men in Santa Clara County during COVID-19 and has a survey that residents can take (available in English and Spanish) through Feb. 21. Your responses will help improve future suicide prevention efforts—they help measure campaign reach and reaction, the mental health impact of COVID-19, and knowledge and attitudes about mental health and suicide among adults in the community. If you or someone you know needs help, emotional health and self care resources are available, especially to help you cope with anxiety and stress during COVID-19. Santa Clara County also publishes community outreach materials in multiple languages (including English, Spanish, Chinese, and Vietnamese) that you can use.
COVID-19 Testing, Tracing, and Support Services
- County Passes Vaccination Milestone: The County of Santa Clara recently announced that more than half of county residents age 75 and older have received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. Vaccine data also show that, as of Sunday, Feb. 14, 43.7% of county residents age 65 and older have received at least one dose of the vaccine, with 232,761 total residents now partially or fully vaccinated. These data reflect strong progress towards the County's goal of vaccinating at least 85% of residents age 16 or older by August 1, 2021. The data also continue to reflect the ongoing need to focus vaccination efforts on ensuring equitable access for those at greatest risk of serious illness and death, and those at greatest risk of exposure to COVID-19. As of Feb. 4, any Santa Clara County resident age 65 or older can receive their free COVID-19 vaccine from the County Health System, regardless of their healthcare provider or insurance. To learn more about eligibility for vaccines and request a vaccination appointment, visit sccfreevax.org.
- Get Help with Quarantine or Isolating: The County offers support options for people who test positive or have been in contact with someone who is COVID-19 positive. If you need help with food, bills, or a place to stay while you isolate or quarantine, please call 408-808-7770 to learn about support services from the County of Santa Clara.
- Get Tested: If you need a COVID-19 test, don't wait! A high rate of testing helps identify and stop the spread of COVID-19 cases, and is one of the factors that is helping our county reopen under State regulations. Some testing sites are listed below, but there are many more throughout the county. For a full list of COVID-19 testing sites in Santa Clara County, go to www.sccfreetest.org or call 2-1-1.
- Appointments Available for Testing in San José, Campbell, and Los Gatos: Getting tested for COVID-19 is convenient and easy. Appointments can be made at the rotating city-based sites a week in advance, and five days in advance at the ongoing Santa Clara County Fairgrounds operation - visit www.sccfreetest.org. Valley Medical Center testing sites can now provide automated results via text message – often as soon as the day after the test is administered.
- San José
Santa Clara County Fairgrounds Parking Lot A
More on The Californer
- CORRECT LINK: Dwellings Episode 3: San Jose's Homeless Response Team
- San Jose: Public Review Draft Supplemental EIR: Woz Way Project
- THINKWARE Announces Spring Break Dash Cam Deals
- In His "On the Record" Ethnic Media Column, Governor Newsom Highlights State's Vaccine Equity Efforts, Urges All Californians to Get Vaccinated When it's Their Turn
- California: On the Record with Governor Gavin Newsom: A Shot in the Arm Against COVID-19
344 Tully Rd., San José, CA 95111 (across from the blue arch)
Drive-through, bike, or walk-up
Mondays, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Tuesday-Thursdays, 7 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Fridays, 11 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Saturday-Sundays, 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Campbell Orchard City Banquet Hall
1 W. Campbell Ave. Campbell, CA 95008
By appointment only for Thursday, Feb. 18, 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Los Gatos
Los Gatos Adult Recreation Center
208 East Main Street Los Gatos, CA 95030
By appointment only for Friday, Feb. 19, 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- San José
- Pop-Up Testing Sites: No appointments needed and only for people without symptoms:
- San José
Emmanuel Baptist Church
467 N. White Rd., San José, 95127
Tuesday to Friday, Feb. 9 – Feb. 12, 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
South County Annex (formerly Del Buono Elementary)
9300 Wren Ave., Gilroy, 95020
Monday to Friday, Feb. 8 – Feb. 12, 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- San José
Subscribe to https://www.sanjoseca.gov/news-stories/news/eno..." rel="nofollow external noopener">News Releases eNotifications to receive City of San José Flash Reports, and follow us at sanjoseca.gov and @CityofSanJose on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and ">Nextdoor
Esta información está disponible en español en www.sanjoseca.gov.">
Thông tin này có sẵn bằng Tiếng Việt trên trang: www.sanjoseca.gov.
A person's risk for COVID-19 is not related to race, ethnicity or culture. City employees must abide by the Discrimination and Harassment policy, and treat colleagues and members of the public with courtesy and respect. Discrimination and/or Harassment of any kind is a violation of the policies and will not be tolerated.
Latest on The Californer
- Private Placement Markets & Steve Muehler introduce "PPM Homeowners Insurance"
- UKW MEDIA Big Finish for Black History Month With Special Programming A LOVELY DAY and THELONIOUS MONK IN PALO ALTO PLUS Instagram LIVE Q&As
- How Solar Can Play a Role in Climate Change
- Oncostatin-M (Human Recombinant) from Molecular Depot
- Human Noggin (Recombinant Protein)
- California school Superintendents, Principals, Teachers, Bus, and Maintenance Departments
- Nexxlegacy Releases a brand new Radio station 3:16
- Alpine Fresh Water Adds Nature's Best CBD Water to its Refreshing Hydration Solutions
- California: Governor Newsom Statement on House's Passage of COVID Relief Plan
- BCS Makes a Generous Donation to Wells of Life to Celebrate 20 Years in Business
- Nano-technology alliance of Supreme Pharmatech and Professor M.R.Mozafari, a global nano technology expert
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 2.26.21
- Teledyne to Hold Investor Meetings
- Multi #1 International Best-Selling Author Jennifer S. Wilkov Hosts the Sold-Out The Next Bestseller™ Workshop Virtually for Writers
- San Francisco: State-of-the-Art Tennis Center to Open in Golden Gate Park
- California: In Fresno, Governor Newsom Highlights New Central Valley Vaccine Initiatives, Expanded Statewide Network of Community-Based Organizations for COVID-19 Education and Outreach in Vulnerable Communities
- PagerDuty to Host Fireside Chats at Upcoming Investor Conferences
- Ventura College Receives Two Awards for Excellence
- San Jose: San José Mayor Endorses Citizenship for Essential Workers Act
- California: Governor Newsom Statement on Death of Los Angeles County Sheriff's Motorcycle Deputy 2.26.21