City of San José
Emergency Operations Center
Rosario Neaves, Director of Communications/EPIO: 210-823-3908
City of San José Media Line: 408-535-7777
City of San José Customer Contact Center: 3-1-1 (408-535-3500)
Updates on City of San José Services and/or Operations
- City Manager Update to City Council: City Manager Dave Sykes presented an update to the City Council on Wednesday, April 1, regarding the City's response to COVID-19. View the entire presentation on the City's YouTube Channel. Dave Sykes and officials from the City's Emergency Operations Center (EOC) discussed the City's efforts to provide food and emergency shelter to those in need, ensure compliance with the latest Santa Clara County public health order, and highlight the hard work of staff throughout the City organization. EOC staff outlined the City's top priorities as the response to the COVID-19 pandemic enters the month of April:
- Save Lives: Slow and reduce the spread of COVID-19 and support the city's most at-risk people. Save Livelihoods: Support individuals, families and businesses so they can make it through shelter in place and safely return to work. Preserve our Fiscal Health: Ensure the continued fiscal health of the City so it can meet imperatives 1 and 2 while providing essential services.
- Silicon Valley Strong Fund Update & Telethon: There are more than 4,800 families on the waiting list for assistance through Silicon Valley Strong Fund, which provides direct financial assistance to low-income individuals who have lost work due to the COVID-19 crisis. The $11M Rental Assistance Fund, launched with Destination: Home on Monday, March 23, had to pause acceptance of new applications until further notice. The fund received 4,400 applications, representing financial need that exceeds the fund's capacity. NBC Bay Area in partnership with Bay Area community leaders are coming together to raise additional funds for our community's most vulnerable. Tune in to the COVID-19 Telethon this Saturday, April 4 at 7 p.m. and help your fellow Santa Clara County residents. Public Health Public Service Announcements (PSAs): Sharkie and San Jose resident Jenny Do shared the importance of staying home and other public health messages in two social media videos in English and Vietnamese, respectively. Watch the videos on Twitter: Sharkie and Jenny Do. Reporting Construction Activity: While the Santa Clara County Public Health Department's March 31 Order (section 13.f.v) has restricted most types of construction activity, it is important to understand the rules so that work sites are not unnecessarily reported to 3-1-1. In addition to the types of projects that may continue regular construction activity, the Order allows for all construction sites to take the necessary steps to safely shut down. This means that members of the public may observe construction activities such as pouring concrete for seismic stability or activities that maintain water service, weatherproofing, and dewatering as well as seeing workers who are at sites to maintain security and who are taking actions to safely close down the site. Every project may have a different timeline to accomplish such work, so please do not rush to report construction activity that may be legitimate. For more information on construction protocols, visit www.sanjoseca.gov/permitcenter. The Library Issues Nearly 3,000 Digital Library Cards: In three weeks, the San José Public Library (SJPL) has issued a total of 2,883 of its new and free eLibrary cards to members of the public. These cards were introduced as a way to give non-SJPL members, the opportunity to access the library's online collection, services, and resources while the libraries are closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The eLibrary card is available to San José residents of all ages. To apply for the eLibrary card, visit: www.sjpl.org/eLibraryCard.
More on The Californer
- Los Angeles Urban League Addresses Protests Related to the Death of George Floyd at the Hands of Police
- San Jose: FLASH REPORT #1 - Protest Safety
- Online Dating Profile Critiques and Makeovers
- Masters Hall of Fame Announces David Dye As The 2021 Keynote Speaker
- Human Hemoglobin for Interference Testing
Subscribe to the News Releases eNotification list to receive City of San José Flash Reports, and follow us at sanjoseca.gov and @CityofSanJose on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Nextdoor.">
Esta información está disponible en español en www.sanjoseca.gov. ">
Thông tin này có sẵn bằng Tiếng Việt trên trang: www.sanjoseca.gov.
A person's risk for COVID-19 is not related to race, ethnicity or culture. City employees must abide by the Discrimination and Harassment policy, and treat colleagues and members of the public with courtesy and respect. Discrimination and/or Harassment of any kind is a violation of the policies and will not be tolerated.
Latest on The Californer
- Teenage mariachi ensemble records album during pandemic, keeping social distancing guidelines
- Getman Takes his Popular Book Fairs into the Virtual World Transforming the Way Buyers Meet Sellers of Rare Books, Maps, Prints and Ephemera
- Survivorship Conference Presentations Educate Readers about Ritual Abuse and Mind Control
- Teleroute, Part of Alpega Group, launches an API Interface and a new Mobile App to help their growing number of customers work even more efficiently
- Exclusive interview with Katherine Schwarzenegger Pratt "Catching up with Natalie & Katherine"
- San Francisco: New Health Order Requires Residents and Workers to Wear Face Coverings Outside the Home
- San Jose: FLASH REPORT #109 - COVID-19 Mitigation and Response
- Space Cadet Launches A Flower Sniffer's Book Of Paper Craft to Ward off Boredom Better Than Binging TV
- Orange County Lemon Law Attorney Luis Aguirre Launches Spanish Version of its Website
- Summer Camp ONLINE at Theatre School @ North Coast Rep
- Mayor London Breed Announces Timeline and Plan for Safely Reopening San Francisco
- MedTrainer Named Best Compliance Management Solution Provider in 2020 MedTech Breakthrough Awards
- Beta-Mannosidase Activity Assay Kit (Fluorometric)
- Launching OneQuantum LLC the Quantum Tech startup community
- OrPro Therapeutics Advances a New Inhalation Treatment Approach for COVID-19
- SmartGateVC Will Establish a Start-Up Tech Accelerator in Glendale Called Hero House Glendale
- RC Diedrich and Tremain Hayhoe Discuss Succeeding No Matter What
- Property from the estate of June D. Winkler will be sold online by Andrew Jones Auctions, June 16th
- Nicole Rogas, Senior Vice President at Experian Health, joins Nuevozen Advisory Board
- WHIP IT, SIP IT! Virtual Wine Tasting with Gerald Casale, Co-Founder of Rock Band Devo & Proprietor of The 50 by 50 Winery in Napa Valley