- TVS Cipher Network Adds Lights Out,Foreign Intrigue,Science Fiction Theater to WatchYour.TV Platform
- TVS Nostalgia TV Network Adds My World and Welcome to It to Winter 2022 WatchYour.TV Schedule
- Cpics - A New Streaming Platform Dedicated to South Asian Content Announce Upcoming 2022 Activities
November 26, 2021
Marcus Ismael, Communications Manager, Office of Mayor Sam Liccardo
SAN JOSÉ, CA - Today, Mayor Sam Liccardo rings in the holiday season with a campaign to encourage shopping and dining at local, small businesses and to remind business owners of City resources available to those struggling from ongoing economic impacts of the pandemic. These initiatives include a virtual local business directory and digital resources for small businesses.
"Despite the hopes of a robust recovery from the pandemic, many small businesses still struggle to stay afloat. By spending our dollars here in San José this holiday shopping season, we can each do our part to show appreciation to the hardworking shopkeepers and staff that keep our city vibrant," said Mayor Sam Liccardo. "I encourage everyone to #ShopLocalSJ and support our small business community."
As the holidays approach, policies to support small businesses include:
- #ShopLocalSJ, a social media campaign to encourage residents to shop and dine locally during the holiday season to support establishments facing continued financial stress as a result of the pandemic. Residents are encouraged to post photos and positive reviews of local businesses with the hashtag #ShopLocalSJ on social media.
- Digital directory to highlight small businesses through the area. Community members who are not active on social media can help identify their favorite local businesses by visiting siliconvalleystrong.org/shoplocal and submit the businesses' information for the online directory.
- Small businesses that do not have a comprehensive digital presence can connect with Get Virtual for resources and guidance free of charge. Get Virtual will pair local businesses with college students trained in entrepreneurship, digital marketing, and web development to build out their online presence. Businesses can contact 'Get Virtual' by visiting siliconvalleystrong.org/shoplocal and click on "I need help getting my business online". Individuals interested in lending their technical expertise to the program can sign up to help by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
More on The Californer
- New Talk Show Premiers on Chow Entertainment KXLA
- 1017 Brick Squad Records 2022 New Artist Acquisition
- Strategic Benefits Advisors, Inc. Data Breach Triggers Investigation into Class Action Lawsuit
- San Francisco Extends Funding for Right to Recover Program to Support COVID-Positive Workers
- BetterHelp Partners with The Hidden Dream to Support Immigrant Communities
About the City of San José
With more than one million residents, San José comprises the 10th largest city in the United States, and one of its most diverse cities. San José's transformation into a global innovation center in the heart of Silicon Valley has resulted in the world's greatest concentration of technology talent and development.
Latest on The Californer
- Franklin Limited Duration Income Trust ("FTF" or the "Fund") Announces Distribution
- TVS Hi Tops Network Goes to the Jungle With Ramar, Sheena, Bomba, and Jungle Jim on WatchYour.TV
- New Technology In Smart Watches Just For Kids
- Mirati Therapeutics Presents Positive Clinical Data with Investigational Adagrasib in Patients with KRASG12C-Mutated Gastrointestinal Cancers
- Onlive Server Launched Canada VPS Hosting with Upto 48 CPU CORE and Cloud VPS Control Panel
- David Hall, Founder of Velodyne Lidar, Files Lawsuit Against Executives Over Misrepresentations Regarding 2020 SPAC Merger
- LA electronic dance music star Tyler Garrett releases new 80's-inspired single
- BIS Research Study Highlights the Wiring Harnesses and Connectors for Electric Vehicles Market to Reach $22.87 billion by 2031
- A Cool Jazz Ballad that Contemplates the Nature of Consciousness; Octopuses
- Freedom Photonics Sets a New Milestone: auraTM 1550 nm Semiconductor Laser Amplifier Reaches >5.0 Watt Diffraction-Limited Output Power
- CASETiFY Collaborates with Peanuts to Introduce a Snoopy and Friends-Inspired Collection
- Businessman Ismail Sirdah Advertisement Strategies for Event Promotion
- How do a traveller opt Virgin America booking at low fare to hometown
- AHF Praises Merck for Generics – Urges Same from Vaccine Makers
- McAfee Continues to Provide Leading Online Protection to Consumers
- California: Governor Newsom Brings in State Support for Rail Theft in Los Angeles, Highlights State Efforts to Fight and Prevent Crime
- "Bliss Brain" Wins the Nautilus and American Book Fest Top Awards
- Insurance Association Launches 2022 Selling Medicare Insurance Video Package
- TEAMSTERS STAGE PRACTICE PICKET AT CEMEX
- Console & Associates, P.C. Investigates Class Action Lawsuit Following LendUS, LLC Data Breach