- Mars Branded Skittles® and Starburst Cotton Candy to Launch!
- Waste Management Shareholder News: Robbins LLP is Investigating Waste Management, Inc. (WM) on Behalf of Shareholders
- James Postrasija, CEO of Order Food Online on Platform Features/Benefits
May 26, 2022
Rachel Davis, Chief Communications Officer, Office of Mayor Sam Liccardo, email@example.com
SAN JOSE, CA– On May 26, 2021, a mass shooting occurred in San José at the VTA Rail yard, where an armed VTA employee opened fire on his colleagues, killing nine people before taking his own life. This senseless and horrific act was deplorable and unconscionable, forever altering the lives of the victims' families. San José Mayor Sam Liccardo released the following statement one year after the tragedy:
"One year ago, San José woke to what would become our City's darkest day: the worst mass shooting in the Bay Area's history. The devastating toll for too many of our community members included lost loved ones, dear friends, and valued colleagues. May 26, 2021 irrevocably changed San José, and it stole something from each of us. But in the days that followed, we pulled together as one community, supporting our friends and neighbors, uplifting the memories of those who have left us too soon, and carrying those still here through their journey to healing. Let's take a moment together to honor those community members we have lost, and to commit our support for their grief-stricken loved ones."
More on The Californer
- Ganglioside GT1a Antibody High Purity
- Dnase-Free and Rnase-Free Distilled Water
- Long Beach: Happy Fourth of July Weekend
- TVS Television Network Launches First Outlook Original Programming You Tube Channel
- The Atlas Elite Entertainment Music Award online is coming!
View testimonials marking one year since the VTA rail yard tragedy here.
About the City of San José
With more than one million residents, San José comprises the 10th largest city in the United States, and one of its most diverse cities. San José's transformation into a global innovation center in the heart of Silicon Valley has resulted in the world's greatest concentration of technology talent and development.
Latest on The Californer
- Summit County Pest Control Is Going After The American Cockroach
- How do I change my name on Delta Airlines?
- New Highland Cow Decor-Highland Cow Art
- Lieff Cabraser LLP, Stiegler Law Firm LLC, and Robert B. Landry III PLC File Federal Lawsuit Against Apple, Inc. for Failure to Pay Overtime and Other Lawfully Required Compensation to Apple Solutions Consultants
- California: Governor Newsom Grants Executive Clemency 7.1.22
- San Jose: Notice of Availability: Cambrian Park Plaza Final EIR with Responses to Public Comments
- ASPINA Announces AMR Solutions
- San Jose: Media Advisory: Construction Begins for Newbury Park, San José's Newest Neighborhood Park
- Bitwise Announces Results of June 2022 Month-End Crypto Index Reconstitution
- Catalyst Environmental Solutions Acquires AWR Environmental to Expand Geographic Footprint and Suite of Services
- Prepper Essentials Online: Be Prepared For Any Outdoor Survival Situation
- 65% of Today's Workforce Is Actively Looking for Another Job; Culture Over Everything Is the Solution
- Cucamonga Valley Medical Group initiatives focus on growth, patient care
- ADVANTEC-USA Announces the Appointment of Carlos Ortiz, PE, TE, PTOE to Chief Executive Officer
- "This Program Was Truly a Blessing": Facts from California's Nation-Leading $4 Billion State Rent Relief Program
- Signs By Veterans and Savage Shakers Founder Announces Sponsorship for #TEAMUSA Para-Athlete Brian Conwell
- RINGO CELEBRATES HIS BIRTHDAY WITH HIS ANNUAL CAMPAIGN FOR PEACE & LOVE WHICH INCLUDES 26 CELEBRATIONS IN COUNTRIES AROUND THE WORLD AND THIS YEAR WILL ALSO SEE HIS MESSAGE OF PEACE AND LOVE BEAMED UP TO THE STARS AND ORBIT THE EARTH
- EY Names Tim and Chris Vanderhook of Viant Technology as Entrepreneurs of the Year® 2022 Pacific Southwest Award Winners
- Governor Newsom Takes Action to Further Restrict Ghost Guns and Protect California Kids from Gun Violence
- Fragner Seifert Pace & Mintz, LLP Promotes Alex Flumenbaum to Partner