- Cervo Media Group Inc and Joe and Marva Brown Sign Co-Management Deal with World Jiu Jitsu Champion Jacob "The Bull" - 577
- THINKWARE Announces President's Day Dash Cam Deals
- Spectator Health Adds Surescripts Certification to its Senior Health Technology Platform
Yesterday, at its 12th annual Climate Leadership Awards ceremony, The Climate Registry (TCR) presented a Climate Leadership Award to Ms. Romanow.
San José City Manager Jennifer Maguire praised Ms. Romanow's leadership in developing and leading the implementation of CSSJ. "San José is at the forefront of setting and achieving environmental targets alongside our community and stakeholders, and many City departments, programs and services have heeded the call," said Maguire. "Kerrie has been unwavering in leading our City towards achieving critical climate goals."
Mayor Matt Mahan also commended Ms. Romanow for her efforts in combating climate change. "Kerrie Romanow's leadership in developing Climate Smart San José has propelled our City to the forefront of the fight against climate change," said Mahan. "But an ambitious plan is just a nice idea without real-world execution, which is why I'm especially grateful for Kerrie's leadership and the City team for dedicating every day to following through on our big goals."
More on The Californer
- Long Beach: Health Department Launches Substance Use Harm Reduction Program
- Pop-Up Talent's Milestone: 500th Client Adopts In-House Recruiter Model
- MEDIA ADVISORY - Building a Healthier New Jersey
- Mission Cloud Achieves the AWS Small and Medium Business Competency
- SALUTE TO SERVICE ADVANCES ASIAN VETERANS
Ms. Romanow expressed her gratitude for being recognized with this award as it acknowledges not only her efforts but also those of all those who have contributed to making CSSJ a success. "This Climate Leadership award is for the many partners including our residents, San José City Council, City department heads and staff, philanthropic organizations, non-profits and businesses who shaped and realized our bold Climate Smart San José Plan," said Ms. Romanow. "I'm thankful for this accolade because it recognizes the San José community who understood the urgency of climate change, believed that we can together combat climate change and make a difference."
Ms. Romanow has led several initiatives to meet CSSJ goals including launching San José Clean Energy; establishing Building Electrification Reach Code; adopting a carbon neutrality goal for 2030; accepting final draft Natural Working Lands Element; among others.
Amy Holm, executive director of The Climate Registry congratulated Ms. Romanow on winning this award saying: "Congratulations to the 2023 Climate Leadership Award (Individual Category) winner Kerrie Romanow for her stand-out achievements," said Holm."At a time when the world urgently needs more climate ambition, Ms. Romanow demonstrates what is possible."
More on The Californer
- Long Beach Health Department Launches Brush, Book, Bed to Promote Healthy Dental Habits for Children
- Torres Trade Law Recognized in the Chambers Texas Regional Spotlight Guide for 2024
- Live Courageously Podcast Show with John Duffy and Guest, Director Ted Shred
- Live Courageously Podcast Show with John Duffy and Guest Craig Stilley
- California: TODAY: Governor Newsom to Sign Climate Partnership with Sweden
The awards ceremony took place during The Climate Leadership Conference 2023 which brought together leaders from business, government academia and nonprofit community to address climate change through policy innovation and business solutions..
San Jose is one of America's most diverse large cities with over one million residents located in Northern California as well as being home to some of world's largest technology companies making it an ideal location to lead initiatives such as CSSJ which are aimed at reducing greenhouse gas emissions while also improving health environment and economy within its borders .
Latest on The Californer
- Miro Introduces Enterprise Guard™ to Protect Sensitive and Confidential Content, and Support Essential Compliance and Security USA - English USA - Deutsch APAC - English USA - English
- Sansu Ramsey receives International Women's Day Honors for 2024
- ChargePoint Collaborates with Product Development and Manufacturing Leaders AcBel and Kinpo, Improving Cost Structure and Time to Market
- The Sukuta Foundation, Inc.: FREE Virtual Laser Career Expo, April 26, 2024, 11:00am
- Kitman Labs and Fulham FC Expand Data & Analytics Accord
- Skydio and Aeroarc Partner to Advance Support for Government Customers in the Region
- California: Governor Newsom Secures Presidential Major Disaster Declaration to Support Storm Recovery Efforts in San Diego
- TVS Television Network Returns to Basketball Coverage With NABL 3 on 3 Series
- City of Long Beach Issues Rain Advisory Due to Recent Showers
- Ami Miller Stars in Hilarious New Show "Responsibility Island"
- California Music Hall of Fame and Museum to Honor Iconic Americana Singer-Songwriter Gary Green
- Cryptsoft licenses KMIP (Key Management Interoperability Protocol) to xFusion Digital Technologies for use in Baseboard Management Controllers
- Delirious Comedy Club Is Moving And We Want You To Join Us In Downtown Las Vegas
- HIDEKI MATSUYAMA WINS THE 2024 GENESIS INVITATIONAL
- Simplify Your ACA Form e-Filing to the IRS with Our ez1095 Video Tutorial
- Silicon Private Wealth Expands Its Ownership Group in 2024
- Dr. Woojin Joo, Qme Internal Medicine in Los Angeles
- California: Governor Newsom Proclaims A Day of Remembrance: Japanese American Evacuation 2024
- InventHelp Inventors Develop New Unclogging Device for Sinks (RSD-180)
- California Music Hall of Fame Inducts Iconic "Outlaw Folksinger" Gary Green