- Sacramento resident and author, Susan D. Powers, puts family first in her new book - 188
- TVS Boxing Network Adds Six Greatest Fights of the 20th Century to Summer Schedule on WatchYour.TV
- TVS Vintage Network.Com Adds Iconic Family Shows From First Decade of Television, on WatchYour.TV
Based on an interim analysis conducted by the Independent Data Monitoring Committee (IDMC), sintilimab in combination with chemotherapy demonstrated a statistically significant and clinically meaningful improvement in the primary endpoint of overall survival (OS) compared to placebo in combination with chemotherapy regardless of PD-L1 expression status. The safety profile of sintilimab in this study was consistent with that observed in previously reported studies of sintilimab, and no additional safety signals were identified. These results will be presented at an upcoming medical meeting.
The principal investigator of the ORIENT-15 study, Prof. Shen Lin from Peking University Cancer Hospital and Institute stated, "More than half of new and fatal cases of esophageal cancer in the world occur in China every year. In China, esophageal cancer is the fifth most commonly diagnosed cancer and the fourth leading cause of death from cancer, and squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC) is the predominant histologic type. Treatment options for people with ESCC are limited. Chemotherapy is currently the main treatment for ESCC and, in recent years, immunotherapy has brought new hope in the treatment of this type of cancer, with some PD-1 inhibitors receiving approval as a second-line treatment for patients with ESCC in China. We are encouraged by these interim results of the ORIENT-15 study which demonstrated that sintilimab in combination with chemotherapy prolonged overall survival in the first-line treatment of patients with ESCC, regardless of PD-L1 status."
Dr. Zhou Hui, Senior Vice President of Clinical Development of Innovent, stated: "The treatment options for locally advanced or metastatic ESCC are limited and represent a significant unmet clinical need. ORIENT-15 is the largest clinical study of sintilimab conducted by Innovent to date. Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, the joint effort of the study's investigators and broader team have enabled us to reach this milestone. We would like to express our sincere gratitude to all the patients who participated in the ORIENT-15 study. We hope these results can help to provide a new treatment option for patients with ESCC."
About the ORIENT-15 Study
ORIENT-15 is a global randomized, double-blind, multi-center Phase 3 clinical study evaluating sintilimab in combination with chemotherapy (cisplatin plus paclitaxel or cisplatin plus 5-fluorouracil [5-FU]), compared to placebo in combination with chemotherapy, for the first-line treatment of unresectable, locally advanced recurrent or metastatic esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ClinicalTrials.gov, NCT03748134). At the time of interim analysis, a total of 659 eligible patients were enrolled and randomly assigned into the experimental group or control group in a 1:1 ratio. Patients were enrolled regardless of PD-L1 status. The primary endpoints included overall survival in all randomized patients and overall survival in PD-L1 positive (defined as CPS ≥10) patients.
More on The Californer
- The South Florida International Film Festival Awards Event for June 2021 Celebrated Filmmakers and Screenwriters
- California: Governor Newsom Meets with New FEMA Administrator on Devastation of Climate Crisis, Signs Resources Budget Trailer Bill
- What are the methods to ring at Google
- Amobee Names Nick Brien as Chief Executive Officer
- California: Newsom Administration Secures 12 Additional Firefighting Aircraft to Support Statewide Fire Response
About Esophageal Squamous Cell Carcinoma (ESCC)
Esophageal cancer is one of the most common malignant tumors worldwide that begins in the inner layer (mucosa) of the esophagus, which connects the throat to the stomach. Based on GLOBOCAN 2020 estimates, approximately 600,000 new cases of esophageal cancer are diagnosed and approximately 540,000 deaths result from the disease globally. Esophageal cancer is the seventh most commonly diagnosed cancer and the sixth leading cause of death from cancer worldwide. More than half of new and fatal cases of esophageal cancer in the world occur in China. In China, it is estimated there were approximately 320,000 new cases of esophageal cancer diagnosed and approximately 300,000 deaths resulting from the disease in 2020. Esophageal cancer is the fifth most commonly diagnosed cancer and the fourth leading cause of death from cancer in China, which has a five-year survival rate of only 30 percent.
The two main types of esophageal cancer are squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) and adenocarcinoma. In China, SCC is the predominant histologic type – accounting for more than 90 percent of all esophageal cancer. Currently, first-line standard systemic therapy in China is chemotherapy based on platinum drugs for unresectable, locally advanced recurrent or metastatic ESCC. There have been a few PD-1 inhibitors recently approved for the second-line treatment of patients with ESCC.
Sintilimab, marketed as TYVYT® (sintilimab injection) in China, is an innovative PD-1 inhibitor with global quality standards jointly developed by Innovent and Eli Lilly and Company. Sintilimab is an immunoglobulin G4 monoclonal antibody, which binds to PD-1 molecules on the surface of T-cells, blocks the PD-1 / PD-Ligand 1 (PD-L1) pathway, and reactivates T-cells to kill cancer cells. Innovent is currently conducting more than 20 clinical studies of sintilimab to evaluate its safety and efficacy in a wide variety of cancer indications, including more than 10 registrational or pivotal clinical trials.
In China, sintilimab has been approved for three indications, including:
- The treatment of relapsed or refractory classic Hodgkin's lymphoma after two lines or later of systemic chemotherapy
- In combination with pemetrexed and platinum chemotherapy, for the first-line treatment of nonsquamous non-small cell lung cancer
- In combination with gemcitabine and platinum chemotherapy, for the first-line treatment of squamous non-small cell lung cancer
Additionally, Innovent currently has regulatory submissions under review in China for sintilimab:
- In combination with BYVASDA® (bevacizumab injection) for the first-line treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma
- The second-line treatment of squamous non-small cell lung cancer
Innovent also has two clinical studies that have met primary endpoint for sintilimab:
- in combination with cisplatin plus paclitaxel or cisplatin plus 5-fluorouracil for the first-line treatment of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma
- The second-line treatment for esophageal squamous cell carcinoma
In May 2021, the U.S. FDA accepted for review the Biologics License Application (BLA) for sintilimab in combination with pemetrexed and platinum chemotherapy for the first-line treatment of nonsquamous non-small cell lung cancer.
More on The Californer
- Outdoor Access for All: California Establishes New Pilot Programs to Expand Youth Access to State Parks
- TVS Flashback Network.Com Adds Diffren't Strokes, Golden Girls, and Becker to Fall Schedule
- Extreme Tech Challenge Announces Strategic Partnership With the Food & Agriculture Organization of the United Nations to Advance Technology-Enabled Resilient Food Systems
- Sho Richardsin Release New Music The Dude (Shogi)
- Sentinel Hospitality: Hearing Date Set for Orange County's $20MM PPP Fraud Case
Sintilimab was included in China's National Reimbursement Drug List (NRDL) in 2019 as the first PD-1 inhibitor and the only PD-1 included in the list in that year.
Inspired by the spirit of "Start with Integrity, Succeed through Action," Innovent's mission is to develop, manufacture and commercialize high-quality biopharmaceutical products that are affordable to ordinary people. Established in 2011, Innovent is committed to developing, manufacturing and commercializing high-quality innovative medicines for the treatment of cancer, autoimmune, metabolic and other major diseases. On October 31, 2018, Innovent was listed on the Main Board of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited with the stock code: 01801.HK.
Since its inception, Innovent has developed a fully integrated multi-functional platform which includes R&D, CMC (Chemistry, Manufacturing, and Controls), clinical development and commercialization capabilities. Leveraging the platform, the company has built a robust pipeline of 24 valuable assets in the fields of cancer, metabolic, autoimmune disease and other major therapeutic areas, with 5 products – TYVYT® (sintilimab injection), BYVASDA® (bevacizumab biosimilar injection), SULINNO®(adalimumab biosimilar injection), HALPRYZA® (rituximab biosimilar injection) and Pemazyre® (pemigatinib oral inhibitor) – officially approved for marketing, sintilimab's Biologics License Application (BLA) acceptance in the U.S., 5 assets in Phase 3 or pivotal clinical trials, and an additional 14 molecules in clinical trials.
Innovent has built an international team with advanced talent in high-end biological drug development and commercialization, including many global experts. The company has also entered into strategic collaborations with Eli Lilly and Company, Adimab, Incyte, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Hanmi and other international partners. Innovent strives to work with many collaborators to help advance China's biopharmaceutical industry, improve drug availability and enhance the quality of the patients' lives. For more information, please visit: www.innoventbio.com.
Sintilimab is not an approved product in the United States.
BYVASDA® (bevacizumab biosimilar injection), HALPRYZA® (rituximab biosimilar injection), and SULINNO® (adalimumab biosimilar injection) are not approved products in the United States.
TYVYT® (sintilimab injection, Innovent)
BYVASDA® (bevacizumab biosimilar injection, Innovent)
SULINNO® (adalimumab biosimilar injection, Innovent)
Pemazyre® (pemigatinib oral inhibitor, Incyte Corporation). Pemazyre® was discovered by Incyte Corporation and licensed to Innovent for development and commercialization in Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan.
Innovent Biologics, Inc. Forward-Looking Statements
This news release may contain certain forward-looking statements that are, by their nature, subject to significant risks and uncertainties. The words "anticipate", "believe", "estimate", "expect", "intend" and similar expressions, as they relate to Innovent, are intended to identify certain of such forward-looking statements. Innovent does not intend to update these forward-looking statements regularly.
These forward-looking statements are based on the existing beliefs, assumptions, expectations, estimates, projections and understandings of the management of Innovent with respect to future events at the time these statements are made. These statements are not a guarantee of future developments and are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, some of which are beyond Innovent's control and are difficult to predict. Consequently, actual results may differ materially from information contained in the forward-looking statements as a result of future changes or developments in our business, Innovent's competitive environment and political, economic, legal and social conditions.
Innovent, the Directors and the employees of Innovent assume (a) no obligation to correct or update the forward-looking statements contained in this site; and (b) no liability in the event that any of the forward-looking statements does not materialize or turn out to be incorrect.
SOURCE Innovent Biologics
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Californer
- KIMTRUE Shares Secrets to Getting and Maintaining Beautiful, Healthy Hair
- JetMax AI Vision Robotic Arm to be launched soon on Kickstarter
- Sonorous Records To Release 8 Albums Of Original Recordings By The Five Blind Boys Of Alabama
- Storage Made Easy announces SMBStream™, a new product that offers secure accelerated access to SMB Shares over the Internet
- Things to know before change or cancellation of your booked flight
- Twilio Achieves Full Compliance with STIR/SHAKEN Protocols to Combat Illegal Robocalls
- Gymboree Play & Music Announces Collaboration with DreamWorks Animation Series, Gabby's Dollhouse
- (CVA Alert) Johnson Fistel Investigates Proposed Sale of Covanta; Is $20.25 a Fair Price?
- NeoPhotonics to Host Conference Call to Discuss 2021 Second Quarter Financial Results on Tuesday, August 3, 2021
- Angel brings a delightful song with a powerful message called; You will always be (My Baby Girl)
- Pharma and Biotech to Highly Invest in RNA Therapeutics to Expedite Research & Development across the Globe USA - English USA - English
- California: Governor Newsom Statement on Proposed $26 Billion National Opioid Settlement
- Diversity News Media Brands Publisher Files Trademark For Diversity News Magazine Dot Com Domain Name
- Glancy Prongay & Murray LLP Obtains Important Ruling for Tenaris S.A. Investors in Securities Fraud Class Action
- CLARA Analytics Appoints Tom Warden as Chief Insurance and Science Officer
- Governor, Mayors and Police Chiefs Talk Public Safety in Long Beach
- Markethive Standing Tall In The New Ocean Of Crypto Currencies
- California: Governor Newsom Signs Legislation to Bolster State's Film and Television Industry, Creating Good Jobs and Promoting a Diverse Workforce
- California: Governor Newsom Joins Law Enforcement Leaders and Big 13 Mayors to Discuss State Efforts to Reduce Crime, Signs Legislation Targeting Organized Retail Theft
- San Jose: Media Advisory: Community Listening Session on San José Police Department Practices