The star of the sale is a recently rediscovered Italian modernist work by Surrealist artist, Enrico Prampolini. The painting was featured in the 1934 Vennice Biennale and is pictured in a photograph from that exhibition. It recently resurfaced in an institutional collection highlighted in the sale.
The leading American painting in the sale is a Jenness Cortez horse racing scene of Saratoga. In the composition the speed, movement and excitement of the race are captured as four horses race towards the finish.
Contemporary prints by Joan Miro, Frank Stella, Romare Bearden, Aaron Douglas, James Rosenquist and David Hockney will be offered. These prints are an excellent way to start a contemporary art collection.
More on The Californer
- Highway 371 Business Association to launch app
- Triangle Real Estate Group Announces 2019 Top Producers Award Winners
- Long Beach: Coronavirus Update
- San Jose: Annual President's Break Camp San José Reaches Children City-wide
- San Jose: Volunteers Work Hard to Beautify Community
Paintings by listed artists include a view of Carmel Valley by George William Sotter, a charming portrait of a young girl by Thomas Waterman Wood, a River Scene by George Ames Aldrich, a Portrait by Augustus Vincent Tack, a view of Lanikai Beach by Gabor Peterdi and a view of a house on Monhegan by Andrew Winter, among several others.
Several Connecticut artists are featured in the sale, Roger Dennis, Lief Nielsson, Bruce Crane and William Merritt Post. Other landscapes in the sale by Ben Foster, Chauncey Foster Ryder, Hayley Lever and Eliot Candee Clark will be available.
An online catalog for this auction is available on www.shannons.com. Previews will be held daily, starting Wednesday, January 13th, and continuing through Wednesday, January 22nd (closed weekends and January 23rd). Preview hours are 11AM-5PM (EST). The auction will start promptly at 2PM EST. Internet and absentee bidding will be accepted, telephone and live bidding is not available for the online auction.
More on The Californer
- San Jose: Teens Set Sail for Alcatraz
- Chris Comet & The Tribe 'Reaching New Horizons' - Independent/USA Import
- House to vote on Nationwide Flavor Ban. Why is House bill HR 2339 so Important - Provape
- Xlear Returns To Expo West With Its Popular Sinus And Oral Care Products
- Best-Selling Author, Elizabeth St. John, Visits Kansas City, Describes Her Ancestor's Life in the Tower of London
If you would like to join the Shannon's mailing list, please email the gallery at email@example.com or visit www.shannons.com.
About Shannon's Fine Art Auctioneers:
Shannon's Fine Art Auctioneers is always accepting quality consignments for future auctions. The next auction will be a cataloged Fine Art Auction in April 2020 followed by anther Online Fine Art Auction in June 2020. To consign a single piece of artwork, an estate or a collection, you may call them at (203) 877-1711; or, e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about Shannon's Fine Art Auctioneers and the Thursday, January 23rd auction, please visit www.shannons.com.
Shannon's Fine Art Auctioneers
49 Research Drive
Milford, CT 06460
Latest on The Californer
- Growing Up and Giving Back - Seanna Pereira reaches new audiences
- W+R Studios Receives The Startup Weekly's 2020 Software Companies to Watch Award
- Mayor London Breed and Supervisor Norman Yee Call for San Francisco Families to Become Foster Parents to Children in Need
- Cappello's Innovates Again With World's First Grain-Free White Pizza
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed and Supervisor Matt Haney Announce Legislation to Authorize New Overdose Prevention Programs
- Bobo's Warms Hearts And Fills Stomachs At Expo West With Multiple New Product Offerings
- New Presentation Switches from ATEN Technology, Inc. Boost Impact of Professional Presentations
- California: TODAY: In San Jose, Governor Newsom to Visit Tiny Home Residents at Bridge Housing Community Site
- California: TODAY: State Health Officials, Governor to Provide an Update on the State's Response to Novel Coronavirus
- Fody Foods Unveils Revamped Branding at Natural Products Expo West
- Extended Support for ez1095 Software On February 2, 2020 For March 2 Deadline
- Transit Screen Software, TransitAccess™, Goes Greener with Car Charging Stations
- Turnkey business opportunity hotel in Historic District of Lanesboro
- Alten Construction bestowed 2020 Best of Richmond Award
- San Francisco Stress and Anxiety Center has opened a brand new office in San Jose!
- Hyundai Repairs Covered by autopom! Vehicle Protection Plans
- The Behemoth's Alien Hominid Invasion: First Look Gameplay
- INVESTOR ACTION REMINDER: The Schall Law Firm Announces the Filing of a Class Action Lawsuit Against Tupperware Brands Corporation and Encourages Investors with Losses in Excess of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
- Ancient Resource Auctions' March 14th online sale has authentic antiquities, ethnographic art, more
- Kobe Bryant Signed and Inscribed Middle School Yearbook is up for Bid in Iconic Auctions Online Sale