- Music Video: You Make Me (from the feature film Voorhees) by Reluctant Zero
- Purfresh Clean equipment deployed for virus spread risk mitigation at U.S. Army National Guard training exercises
- Governor Newsom Announces Launch of California Rebuilding Fund to Help State's Smallest Businesses Protect their California Dream
"Metagenomics offers the next leap forward for microbial detection by providing a powerful tool that can detect potentially any microbe from a single sample in one test," says Dr. Todd Dickinson, founder and CEO of Arc Bio. "To date, however, adoption has lagged because microbiologists face steep technical and resource hurdles when considering bringing such technologies in-house. Our goal with the Galileo™ platform is to help our end users easily and cost-effectively clear these hurdles."
With the launch of its Galileo™ ONE Early Access Program, Arc Bio aims to accelerate research and application of metagenomics in key disease areas with high unmet need. "The goal of our Early Access Program is to partner with leading institutions that are looking to bring first-rate metagenomics sequencing capabilities in-house. Initial uses of the platform are expected to range from high-resolution COVID-19 research to early and more comprehensive microbial detection in oncology and other immune-compromised scenarios," said Dickinson.
More on The Californer
- Bill.com Announces Pricing of Upsized Offering of $1.0 Billion of 0% Convertible Senior Notes due 2025
- KIOXIA's KumoScale Software Adds Support for PCIe 4.0
- Gyrfalcon Launches AI-X -- Full-Stack Solution for Edge-AI Development
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client CBC Federal Credit Union for Customer Service Accolades
- California: Governor Newsom Issues First-Ever Social Innovation Impact Report Highlighting $3.9 Billion in Corporate and Philanthropic Partnerships Aiding State's Housing Efforts, COVID-19 Response and More
As part of the Early Access Program, participating members will be the first to receive access to Galileo™ ONE, including advanced product support and training along with the option to customize certain product features for their facility. To learn more about the Galileo™ ONE Early Access Program, please send all inquiries to [email protected].
About Galileo™ ONE
The Galileo™ ONE workflow is a research use only metagenomic sequencing solution that leverages the Illumina NGS platform to deliver sample-to-report detection and quantification of over 6,000 microbial strains from a single plasma sample. Galileoä ONE includes consumables and reagents for preparing samples for sequencing in a simple, user-friendly kitted format. The kit also includes built-in process and quantification controls. After sequencing, end users can analyze their sequencing data by uploading it into the proprietary cloud-based analysis software, which generates reports for microbial identification, quantification and quality control. The software leverages a proprietary, curated microbial database that contains high quality sequences mapping to common and rare strains of bacteria, fungi, parasites and DNA/RNA viruses, which are implicated in over 99% of human infectious diseases.
More on The Californer
- First Look for iPOP Alumni Matt Cornetts HSM:TM:TS Holiday Special Revealed
- City of San Jose Statement on Employee Injured in Attack
- iPOP Alum Alexis Knapp's Short 'Bad Suns' to debut at Film Festival
- iPOP Alumni Lucas Adams Will Participate in Days of our Lives Fan Event
- Garrett Hedlund, iPOP Alum, begins filming of Modern Love Season 2
About Arc Bio
Arc Bio is revolutionizing microbial detection with its novel and proprietary turnkey metagenomics solutions that combine a next generation sequencing laboratory workflow with an automated bioinformatics pipeline to deliver fast, comprehensive, and quantitative microbial profiling. The Galileo™ platform empowers researchers and laboratorians to transition into the next era of infectious disease detection through an integrated set of easy-to-use, actionable genomics tools. Arc Bio is based in Scotts Valley, California and Cambridge, Massachusetts. For more information on Arc Bio, its technology and its service offerings visit www.arcbio.com.
The Galileo™ platform and Galileo™ ONE workflow are research use only and not intended for use in clinical diagnostics and patient management.
SOURCE Arc Bio
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Californer
- NAL Player, Daveon Howard, Finds Thankfulness Despite Difficult Year for Sports
- Medicare Annual Enrollment Ends Soon Advises Medicare Supplement Director
- netElastic Featured as One of 5 Top NFV Solutions
- Mapp launches e-learning platform Mapp Academy
- Zippy Shell and Subsidiary 1-800-PACK-RAT Secure Financing from The Carlyle Group & PNC Bank
- Aliso Viejo Community Association Completes Extensive Improvements and Upgrades to Community Parks
- Private Placement Markets "EquityLock Residential Value Protection Plans" will be available in
- Elf Prep Academy Trains Elf Recruits to Help Santa Spread Holiday Cheer Just in Time for Christmas
- DEADLINE TODAY: The Schall Law Firm Announces it is Investigating Claims Against BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. and Encourages Investors with Losses of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
- Syxsense Announces New Support for Amazon Web Service (AWS) Linux Devices
- Florida Family & Faith International Film Festival Powered by AARP Florida Celebrates Caregivers and Families This Thanksgiving Season
- Emerging dance music artist Tyler Garrett just dropped his third EP in 2020
- edjuster Selects CoreLogic to Deliver Modern Contents Estimating Solution to Claims Process
- Frost & Sullivan Presents 5 Technology Growth Opportunities in Sensors and Automation for 2021
- An American Zealot - Poster & Trailer
- Medicom Health Wins 2020 Tekne Award for Rx Savings Assistant®
- MATRIXX Software Teams Up with Hewlett Packard Enterprise to Deliver Real-time 'Monetization-as-a-Service' to CSPs
- Introducing BIAMI.IO Intelligent Automation as a Service Labs
- Flooring Adhesives Market Size Worth $7.1 Billion By 2027 | CAGR: 5.4%: Grand View Research, Inc.
- Morse Micro Announces an Additional $13 Million Funding Round to Accelerate Wi-Fi HaLow