- Goat Anti-Mouse IgG1 Fab Fragment Cyanine 3 Conjugate
- Gambian Films Earn Prestigious Selection at Ohio Valley Festival for Filmmakers of Color
- Wells Fargo Investment Institute Believes 2024 is a Pivotal Year for the Economy and Markets
No matter where they live, voters in Los Angeles County will be able to cast their ballots for an extended voting period at any of the new Vote Centers located across the county, instead of at a single designated polling place on Election Day.
The Cal State LA Vote Center will be open Saturday, February 29, through Election Day on Tuesday, March 3.
The center will be located in University Library, Palmer Wing, Room 4049. Hours of operation, parking information and other details can be found on the Cal State LA Vote Center webpage.
"The Cal State LA Vote Center allows us to advance our commitment to public service," Cal State LA President William A. Covino said. "I encourage everyone to take advantage of the new Vote Centers and exercise their right to vote."
Los Angeles County is also introducing new voting technology that will allow residents to vote using accessible devices that combine touchscreen tablets with paper ballots.
More on The Californer
- Governor Newsom Highlights Funding for Climate Change Resiliency Projects Across California
- The Major Hope Foundation Brings 'A Major Day of Hope To Los Angeles'
- Blue Ridge Bankshares, Inc. (BRBS) Investor Notice: Robbins LLP Reminds Shareholders of Class Action Filed Against Blue Ridge Bankshares, Inc.
- California Gets $70 Million in Federal Funding to Accelerate Salton Sea Restoration
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 12.8.23
The devices include features that help make voting accessible to everyone, allowing voters to choose from multiple languages, change text size and color contrast, and use an audio headset.
The Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk chose Cal State LA as a Vote Center after holding dozens of community meetings and gathering input from hundreds of residents across the region.
"We're proud to partner with Los Angeles County to make voting easier and more accessible for our local communities," said Cal State LA Provost and Executive Vice President Jose A. Gomez.
The Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk and county Department of Arts and Culture worked with art and design students in Cal State LA's College of Arts and Letters to produce posters that promote civic engagement and voting. The artwork will be featured at events and voter registration drives at the university leading up to the election.
Learn more about Los Angeles County's new voting experience. Register to vote or check your voter registration status on the California Secretary of State and Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder's websites.
Latest on The Californer
- Arcellx Announces Continued Robust Long-Term Responses from Its CART-ddBCMA (anito-cel) Phase 1 Expansion Trial in Patients with Relapsed or Refractory Multiple Myeloma at ASH
- Feast of the Seven Fishes at Cibo Modern Mediterranean
- California: Governor Newsom Reaffirms Support for Updated Delta Conveyance Proposal
- Emory Healthcare Network and Peachtree Immediate Care continue collaboration, sign new long-term agreement
- On behalf of the At Your Service Plumbing Club Members, we have donated to The Salvation Army and Families Network Unlimited this Holiday Season
- Entry Deadline is January 12 for California Strawberry Festival Artwork Contest
- 1H-Benzotriazol-1-yloxytripyrrolidinophosphonium Hexafluorophosphate (Highly Pure)
- Open Networking & Edge Summit 2024 in Silicon Valley Extends CFP Deadline to December 17 and releases 2024 Ecosystem Predictions
- California Community College Expands with 17-Device Order
- Operation Bullpen Stan Fitzgerald hits back on political persecution with "The Fall of Deceit" now available for purchase
- Neberon Heated Gloves: Your Best Winter Companion for Christmas
- Joby, ANA Holdings Partner with Nomura Real Estate Development for Vertiports in Japan
- Zero Upfront Fee Website- Thinking About Starting A Business?
- Penny S. Tee, MBA: A Beacon of Peace Amidst Conflict
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 12.7.23
- Habitat EJC Assembles National Team for Permanently Affordable Community
- State Marks 100+ Water System Consolidations, Providing Safe Drinking Water for 90,000 Californians
- Chaos Loc Releases New Album "Life After Super Max"
- Joel Osman is Promoted to Partner at Parker Shaffie LLP
- Scott Cooper Miami Project Announces New Scholarship Winner: Aban Khan