- Waste Management Shareholder News: Robbins LLP is Investigating Waste Management, Inc. (WM) on Behalf of Shareholders
- Mars Branded Skittles® and Starburst Cotton Candy to Launch!
- James Postrasija, CEO of Order Food Online on Platform Features/Benefits
"California will not stand by as kids across the country are gunned down," Governor Newsom said. "Guns are now the leading cause of death for kids in America. While the U.S. Senate stands idly by and activist federal judges strike down commonsense gun laws across our nation, California will act with the urgency this crisis demands. The Second Amendment is not a suicide pact. We will not let one more day go by without taking action to save lives."
Governor Newsom and legislative leaders discuss actions to curb gun violence
"We have gotten to a point where we can't live our lives without the very real fear that every time we say goodbye to our children, spouses, and friends, it could be the last," said Senate President pro Tempore Toni G. Atkins (D-San Diego). "These dreadful, devastating tragedies have to stop. Every politician, judge, or Supreme Court Justice who has opted to put more guns on our streets needs to resign today and hang their heads in deep shame. We have to do everything in our power to get guns out of our classrooms and grocery stores and away from people who should never have them. That includes our work this week to move expeditiously on more than a dozen bills that make our communities safer, and I'll be continuing to work alongside Speaker Rendon and Governor Newsom to ensure that these bills move swiftly through the legislative process so that they can start to make positive change in our communities."
More on The Californer
- Ganglioside GT1a Antibody High Purity
- Dnase-Free and Rnase-Free Distilled Water
- Long Beach: Happy Fourth of July Weekend
- TVS Television Network Launches First Outlook Original Programming You Tube Channel
- The Atlas Elite Entertainment Music Award online is coming!
"In the face of repeated tragedies in our state and elsewhere, California remains committed to doing everything we can to stem the violence," said Assembly Speaker Anthony Rendon. "As a society, we must do better."
"There have been more mass shootings in the U.S. in 2022 than days in the year," said California Attorney General Rob Bonta. "In California, we refuse to accept the current norm. We will continue to call on our federal leaders and neighboring states to do more, because our nation's current standard for preventing gun violence is unacceptable. Our children should not suffer this burden. Active shooter drills, metal detectors, and schools that look like prisons are not the answer — we need commonsense gun safety laws. We are sick and tired of seeing young and promising lives cut short due to gun violence. We at the California Department of Justice and leaders throughout California know that addressing gun violence is critical to public safety. As your Attorney General, I vow to do much more than send thoughts and prayers — I will use the full force of the law and my office to end gun violence."
More on The Californer
- INVESTIGATION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Encourages Investors in 17 Education & Technology Group Inc. with Losses of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
- Money Today Korea Selects Grinergy as a 2022 R&D Innovation Grand Prize Winner
- Virgin Orbit Successfully Launches 'Straight Up' Mission
- INVESTOR DEADLINE: Inotiv, Inc. Investors with Substantial Losses Have Opportunity to Lead Class Action – NOTV
- Milloret LTD To Offer Premium International SEO Services
An initial package of bills the Governor has committed to signing include:
- AB 2571 (Bauer-Kahan) – Restricts advertising of firearms to minors
- AB 1621 (Gipson) – Restricts ghost guns and the parts and kits used to build them
- SB 1327 (Hertzberg) – Creates private right of action to limit spread of illegal assault weapons and ghost guns
- AB 1594 (Ting) – Allows governments and victims of gun violence to sue manufacturers and sellers of firearms
Governor Newsom and legislative leaders will continue working together to expedite additional bills pending before the legislature aimed at curbing gun violence and increasing safety in California communities.
Latest on The Californer
- Signs By Veterans and Savage Shakers Founder Announces Sponsorship for #TEAMUSA Para-Athlete Brian Conwell
- RINGO CELEBRATES HIS BIRTHDAY WITH HIS ANNUAL CAMPAIGN FOR PEACE & LOVE WHICH INCLUDES 26 CELEBRATIONS IN COUNTRIES AROUND THE WORLD AND THIS YEAR WILL ALSO SEE HIS MESSAGE OF PEACE AND LOVE BEAMED UP TO THE STARS AND ORBIT THE EARTH
- EY Names Tim and Chris Vanderhook of Viant Technology as Entrepreneurs of the Year® 2022 Pacific Southwest Award Winners
- Governor Newsom Takes Action to Further Restrict Ghost Guns and Protect California Kids from Gun Violence
- Fragner Seifert Pace & Mintz, LLP Promotes Alex Flumenbaum to Partner
- INVESTIGATION NOTICE: The Schall Law Firm Encourages Investors in Riskified Ltd. with Losses of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
- Telegraph Hill Partners Raises $525M Fifth Fund for New Life Science and Healthcare Investments
- EA SPORTS™ F1® 22 Launches Worldwide Today
- Diving Into Informative Television With 'A Hot Set's'- 'Statement'
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed Statement on State Budget Includes Investments of Nearly $55 Million in Community Projects
- Governor Newsom Signs Into Law Strongest Extended Producer Responsibility Legislation in the U.S.
- California: Governor Newsom Signs Legislation Cutting Harmful Plastic Pollution to Protect Communities, Oceans and Animals
- TikTok Marketing Strategy-Boost Your Business With TikTok
- Governor Newsom Signs Budget Putting Money Back in Californians' Pockets and Investing in State's Future
- Aimmune Therapeutics to Present New Data for PALFORZIA® [Peanut (Arachis hypogaea) Allergen Powder-dnfp] at the EAACI Hybrid Congress 2022
- San Francisco World Spirits Competition Announces Premium Winners at Inaugural Awards Gala
- Best AI Copywriter-The Future Of Copy-writing Is Now
- San Jose: Notice of CEQA Posting: Addendum to the 4300 Stevens Creek Boulevard Mixed-Use Project
- Indie Brand Vow Beauty Enters Walmart
- INVESTIGATION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Encourages Investors in Abbott Laboratories with Losses of $100,000 to Contact the Firm