- Mystic Braves' Julian Ducatenzeiler Chosen to Score Silent Film
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed Signs Legislation to Launch $10.9 Million Grant Program for Small Businesses
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 4.9.21
SACRAMENTO – Following through on his commitment to ensure vaccines continue to be administered at large-scale vaccination sites in Oakland and Los Angeles, Governor Gavin Newsom today announced that the state has reached an agreement with Alameda County and Contra Costa County to continue to operate the RingCentral Coliseum vaccination site.
"We are proud to continue operations at the RingCentral Coliseum site with our local and federal partners," said Governor Newsom. "I'd like to thank our partners for stepping up to support the Bay Area community — especially those hit hardest by this pandemic."
Under the agreement announced today, the two county governments will enter into a unified management of the site along with the state. Personnel and equipment currently being utilized at the Oakland site will remain in place to provide vaccinations for the next four weeks.
More on The Californer
- San Francisco Event & Entertainment Production Company, Entire Productions, Celebrates 20 Years
- Atrium Raises $13.5 Million to Revolutionize Data-Driven Sales Management
- CHAMIE is 'heating it up for everyone' early this year with new summer single!
- Premier Workspaces Capitalizes on Industry Distress, Plans to Add 100 Shared Workspace Locations
- agilon health Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
The state will provide an allotment of half of the weekly vaccines for the site through the third party administrator while the remaining half will come from the partner counties. The site is expected to deliver up to 6,000 vaccines per day.
"Alameda County is grateful for the continued partnership with Cal OES and we welcome our Contra Costa County partners," said Keith Carson, President of the Alameda County Board of Supervisors. "The Coliseum site has already delivered more than 100,000 doses to Alameda County residents, and this extension will allow us to complete transition feasibility planning without disrupting service to the community. Having a mix of large vaccination sites, alongside smaller community sites and mobile pop-ups, is critical for our vaccination infrastructure and meeting our goals for equitable distribution."
"Already, almost 6,000 Contra Costa County residents, many of them teachers and frontline essential workers from some of our hardest-hit neighborhoods, receive vaccines at the Oakland Coliseum every week," said Diane Burgis, Chair of the Contra Costa County Board of Supervisors. "Additionally, this partnership with the state and Alameda County will provide additional resources for mobile vaccine clinics that can go where we need them most. We are happy to be a part of keeping this important resource in the East Bay."
More on The Californer
- San Jose: FLASH REPORT #155 - COVID-19 Response and Recovery
- BYD Expands with Indianapolis Service Center
- SEEAG Kicks Off 2nd "Let's Grow A Garden" At-Home Student Learning Program
- San Jose: Public Review Draft MND: San José-Santa Clara Regional Wastewater Facility Outfall Bridge and Instrumentation Improvements
- Get Out Gear Launches 2-in-1 Trekking Pole & Camp Chair System for Backcountry Adventurers
Two joint federal pilot sites have helped expand the rate of vaccinations in California in an efficient, effective and equitable manner since they were launched in February.
As of April 5, Cal OES and FEMA have given nearly 625,000 vaccines across both sites, with nearly 90,000 of those vaccines administered at targeted mobile clinics within the community. Of these vaccines, nearly 68 percent were administered to targeted underserved communities and people of color.
The Oakland site will also continue to have an explicit focus on equity and provide targeted support to some of the most diverse and socioeconomically challenged communities in the country.
Vaccine appointments will continue to be made through visiting the state's MyTurn.ca.gov website or by calling 833-422-4255. Members of the public may check their eligibility for vaccination, sign up for notifications and schedule appointments in select areas through the site.
Latest on The Californer
- Ambrx Appoints Olivia Ware and Katrin Rupalla to its Board of Directors
- Continuous Voice, A Unique Technology Providing Utmost Reliability for Business Phone Calls, Now Available for All Ooma Connect Customers
- Electric Vehicle Traction Motor Market is Projected to Register 41.6% CAGR By 2025, Based on High Demand for EVs Globally | Million Insights
- Irish Singer/Songwriter Yelpy Set To Release His New Single Heartbeats
- Bitnine Launches AG Cloud Express: The Easiest Cloud-based Graph Database For Everyone
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 4.13.21
- INVESTIGATION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Announces it is Investigating Claims Against Cloopen Group Holding Limited and Encourages Investors with Losses to Contact the Firm
- Nicotinamide N-methyltransferase Inhibitor Screening Kit II (F)
- Parallel Capital Partners Installs Ionization Air Systems Companywide to Help Fight COVID-19
- Moorpark College Theatre Arts and VYCF Collaborate to Bring Original Theatre to Ventura County
- California: CALIFORNIA FIRST PARTNER JENNIFER SIEBEL NEWSOM AND CDFA SECRETARY KAREN ROSS HEADLINE STATE FARM TO SCHOOL CONFERENCE
- Hermosa Beach City School District's New Hermosa Vista School, Designed by SVA Architects, Opens and Welcomes Students for In-Person Learning
- Sexton Advisory Group Reveals Top Retirement Risks to Address in 2021
- California: Governor Newsom Signs Landmark $536 Million Wildfire Package Accelerating Projects to Protect High-Risk Communities
- Metropolitan Explores Water Market During Critically Dry Year
- People 16 and Older Are Now Eligible to Receive the COVID-19 Vaccine in San Francisco
- Actress of Film and Stage, Ruta Lee, Releases her Memoirs!
- Long Beach: $30 Million Rental Assistance Program Now Open
- Thycotic and Centrify Merge to Become a Leading Cloud Privileged Identity Security Vendor
- Derrick Seaver named President & CEO of the Silicon Valley Organization