- Leonardo Defense Systems receives new investment and expands Team
- Unveiling Puptqe: First-Ever Dog Bar Opening in Temecula Promenade This November
- Latest 8x8 Research Reveals IT and Contact Center Leaders Embrace Conversational AI or Fear Falling Behind
The California Constitution gives the Governor the authority to grant pardons. The Governor views clemency as an important part of the criminal justice system that can incentivize accountability and rehabilitation, as well as improve public safety by removing counterproductive barriers to successful reentry. A pardon may also remove unjust collateral consequences of conviction, such as deportation and permanent family separation.
More on The Californer
- AHF Honors and Remembers Senator Dianne Feinstein
- Save the Date! Long Beach to Host Festive Street Parade in Celebration of Día de Los Muertos
- TVS Flashback Network Adds Love American Style, Operation Petticoat, and Murphy Brown to Fall Sked
- IEI Releases AFL4-EHL Series Panel PC to Provide Versatile, Cost-effective Solutions
- AETH and BTOP, Two First-of-their-Kind Ethereum Futures ETFs From Bitwise, Intend to Launch October 2
Pardons do not forgive or minimize the harm caused by crime; instead, they recognize the pardon grantees' self-development and rehabilitation since then. The Governor weighs numerous factors in his review of clemency applications, including an applicant's conduct since the offense, whether the grant is in the interest of justice and consistent with public safety, and its impact on the community, including crime victims and survivors.
Since taking office, Governor Newsom has granted a total of 144 pardons, 123 commutations, and 36 reprieves. The Governor's Office encourages victims, survivors, and witnesses to register with CDCR's Office of Victims and Survivors Rights and Services to receive information about an incarcerated person's status.
For more information on executive clemency or victim services can be found online at www.cdcr.ca.gov/Victim_Services/.
Latest on The Californer
- AMAZON TEAMSTERS PICKET TWO L.A. WAREHOUSES OVER UNFAIR LABOR PRACTICES
- California: Governor Newsom on the Passing of U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein
- Mission Cloud Named to 2023 Best Workplaces in Technology List
- Bitwise Files Form 8-As for Two New Ethereum Futures ETFs, AETH and BTOP; Funds Intend To Begin Trading on Monday, October 2
- Step Up Announces Return of Inspiration Awards
- Global Luxury Value Exchange, Idoneus, Transitions to 100% IDON Transactions
- Swiss-Based Enclustra Announces US Operations in San Diego to Realize the Full Potential of Embedded Chip Technologies
- Faraday Future Announces its Outline for October FF 91 2.0 Deliveries as Part of its Ongoing 'Delivery Co-Creation Day' Plan and Provides Business Update
- Long Beach Showcases Key Growth Opportunities in City's Emerging Business Sectors at Inaugural Grow Long Beach Presentation
- Atrium 916 to Launch Zero Waste Mobile Art Cafe- with Sunset Paint & Sip on the River
- 'The Music Box' by Joanna Thorn
- USA Green Card Celebrates the State Department's Historic Inclusion of the UK in the DV-2025 Green Card Lottery
- Oxnard College's Camarillo-Based Fire Academy Opens New Facility
- You're invited to Monogram International's booth (#265) at New York Toy Fair
- RBB Bancorp Announces Termination of Agreement to Acquire Gateway Bank, F.S.B.
- Yo Egg to Unveil Exclusive Plant-Based Quail-Sized Egg at the Vkind Experience
- The Law Offices of Frank R. Cruz Announces Investigation of GigaCloud Technology Inc. (GCT) on Behalf of Investors
- California Increases Minimum Wage, Protections for Fast-Food Workers
- Do Grandparents Make Good Parents?
- RNA and DNA Endonuclease from Serratia marcescens