The text of the proclamation is below:
With residents still feeling the impacts of the Ridgecrest earthquakes and wildfire season underway, this National Preparedness Month is a time for all Californians to reflect and act on our shared responsibility to be prepared. Individuals, neighborhoods, businesses and communities can all take steps to help mitigate the devastating effects and look out for one another when disaster strikes.
There is nothing more critical for my Administration than to ensure we are investing in resources that can help our emergency responders and communities prepare and respond to natural disasters. From my first day in office, we have taken swift action to advance a comprehensive strategy toward that end, including investing nearly $1 billion in budget funding for emergency preparedness and response, accelerating priority fuel reduction projects to protect communities most at risk for wildfire, getting cutting-edge firefighting technology in the hands of emergency responders and assisting local governments in developing robust alert and warning programs.
More on The Californer
- (2-Hydroxypropyl)-α-cyclodextrin from Molecular Depot
- Methyl-β-cyclodextrin (Biochemistry Grade) from Molecular Depot
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 8.10.20
- Berlinlasers High Precision 100mW 532nm Green Laser Diode Module
- San Jose: Mayor Liccardo Joins SHP Foundation, Habitat for Humanity for Evans Lane Groundbreaking
Listos California, the state's new emergency preparedness campaign, has awarded $50 million in local assistance grants to non-profit organizations throughout the state to build resiliency in vulnerable communities and connect residents to culturally and linguistically competent support. Empowering non-profit organizations and emergency responders to work together in a whole-community approach fosters critical relationships and networks that can save lives.
Throughout September, the Governor's Office of Emergency Services, other state and local agencies, businesses and community organizations are conducting preparedness events to educate the public about the importance of being prepared. I urge all Californians to learn about how they can help keep their loved ones and communities safe during an emergency.
NOW THEREFORE I, GAVIN NEWSOM, Governor of the State of California, do hereby proclaim September 2019, as "National Preparedness Month."
IN WITNESS WHEREOF I have hereunto set my hand and caused the Great Seal of the State of California to be affixed this 13th day of September 2019.
Governor of California
Secretary of State
Latest on The Californer
- Maccabi USA Men's Basketball Announces New Head Coach For 21st Maccabiah
- Wedding and COVID – How to Shop for a Wedding Dress?
- The Imprint Brings Child Welfare and Youth Justice Journalism to Texas
- Professional Interactive Webinar Series: California High Speed Rail Station Planning
- Long Beach: Statement from Mayor Garcia
- San Francisco Moves To Stop Profiting Off of The Incarcerated: "Phone Calls from Jails Now Free"
- San Francisco Announces All Phone Calls From County Jails Are Now Free
- 'NekozTek' Helps Esports Industry Gain Massive Engagement and Sales by Leveraging TikTok
- "CBS This Morning" Co-Host Gayle King to Moderate Venice Family Clinic Panel on the Trauma of Incarceration
- Connect City Announces Full Service Expansion To All 50 States Nationwide
- Clarity Gold Reported 2.32 oz/t Au - Sent Crews to Three High Grade Gold Properties in BC
- Private Placement Markets to Open Offices in Sydney, Australia
- Lenny & Larry's Welcomes The Holiday Season Early With New Flavor Offerings
- Doctor Develops Personalized Solution to COVID-19 Threat
- Need or Home or Industrial Cleanup? The Pros at A & A Restoration Can Help You Out
- 'Man Of The Hour' Media Kit Highlights Brand's Expansion
- Andrew Carnegie Global Capital Announces a $20M Fintech Venture with Braintree in the Coming Year
- Andrew Carnegie Global Capital Has Announced an Equity Investment in a Brantstone Properties Development Project – London, Slated 2023
- What if Bon Jovi's Drummer Had Been an Indian Temple Musician From 800AD?
- Crochet artwork in a league of its own