The text of the proclamation is below:
With residents still feeling the impacts of the Ridgecrest earthquakes and wildfire season underway, this National Preparedness Month is a time for all Californians to reflect and act on our shared responsibility to be prepared. Individuals, neighborhoods, businesses and communities can all take steps to help mitigate the devastating effects and look out for one another when disaster strikes.
There is nothing more critical for my Administration than to ensure we are investing in resources that can help our emergency responders and communities prepare and respond to natural disasters. From my first day in office, we have taken swift action to advance a comprehensive strategy toward that end, including investing nearly $1 billion in budget funding for emergency preparedness and response, accelerating priority fuel reduction projects to protect communities most at risk for wildfire, getting cutting-edge firefighting technology in the hands of emergency responders and assisting local governments in developing robust alert and warning programs.
More on The Californer
- California: Governor Newsom Statement on End of 2019 Legislative Session
- Perfect Health Mela in October to have Health Modules of Asian countries
- California: Governor Newsom Grants Executive Clemency 9.13.19
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 9.13.19
- For Advertising Wk (9/23-26) Some very Essential Advertising Math that Every Business needs to Know
Listos California, the state's new emergency preparedness campaign, has awarded $50 million in local assistance grants to non-profit organizations throughout the state to build resiliency in vulnerable communities and connect residents to culturally and linguistically competent support. Empowering non-profit organizations and emergency responders to work together in a whole-community approach fosters critical relationships and networks that can save lives.
Throughout September, the Governor's Office of Emergency Services, other state and local agencies, businesses and community organizations are conducting preparedness events to educate the public about the importance of being prepared. I urge all Californians to learn about how they can help keep their loved ones and communities safe during an emergency.
NOW THEREFORE I, GAVIN NEWSOM, Governor of the State of California, do hereby proclaim September 2019, as "National Preparedness Month."
IN WITNESS WHEREOF I have hereunto set my hand and caused the Great Seal of the State of California to be affixed this 13th day of September 2019.
Governor of California
Secretary of State
Latest on The Californer
- Actress Carolyne Maraghi will star in Lifetime's "The Cheerleader Escort"
- New Must-Have Designer Jewelry: Say Hello To This Distinctive, Edgy and Boho-Chic Fall/Winter Collection
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed and Supervisor Ahsha Safaí Celebrate Grand Opening of New Job Center
- Nursing Home Abuse Firm Garcia & Artigliere Represent Client Who Suffered Neglect at Golden Hill Sub
- SEEAG Receives Grant From Foundation of Ventura County Credit Union
- Octave Chooses Adalane Media Group To Drive Therapy and Coaching Sessions for Clients' Emotional
- Perfect Body Laser and Aesthetics® Now Has Cynosure's Synchro REPLA:Y, The World's Fastest and Most Powerful Alexandrite Laser Technology
- Which companies are using Erlang, and why? #MyTopdogStatus
- Stratum Nutrition Welcomes David Hoover as Marketing Coordinator
- AccessLex Institute to Serve as Title Sponsor of National Pre-Law Diversity Initiatives, Inc.'s Outreach Events
- How much happiness do you want? How much can you handle?
- How To Quickly Configure Surveys, Charts and Reports in GravityForms in WordPress ?
- New study looks at whether your business writing is effective
- Rachel Racz Joins Amalgam: The Blockchain Company As Vice President
- San Jose: Public Review Draft MND: 1605 Industrial Avenue
- BellSouth email password reset
- California: Governor Newsom Signs Legislation 9.12.19
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 9.12.19
- Ontario's Southland Symphony Orchestra opens 9th anniversary season with "Pictures at an Exhibition"
- Of Mice & Men Release Music Video for New Single 'Taste of Regret'