SACRAMENTO — As COVID-19 cases rise throughout the state and in advance of the Fourth of July weekend, Governor Gavin Newsom today announced the "Wear A Mask" public awareness campaign encouraging Californians to use face coverings – one of the best ways people can protect themselves and others from the virus. The campaign is taking an aggressive approach to slowing the spread of COVID-19, which will save lives and allow the state to reopen the economy. The campaign, which will continue until at least the end of the year, will kick off in English and Spanish and then expand into other languages later this month.
"We all have a responsibility to slow the spread. It is imperative – and required – that Californians protect each other by wearing masks and practicing physical distancing when in public so we can fully reopen our economy," said Governor Newsom. "We all need to stand up, be leaders, show we care and get this done."
The campaign will begin with a statewide push ahead of the holiday weekend. Broadcast and radio PSAs are being distributed in English and Spanish with local ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, Univision, Telemundo, Ethnic Media Services, and iHeart Media affiliates. Billboards and outdoor advertisements are visible statewide in both English and Spanish thanks to ClearChannel, Lamar, VisCom Outdoor, iKahan Media, and LED Truck Media. The campaign includes a variety of shareable social media content with key messages on why and how to wear a mask.
More on The Californer
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 8.7.20
- Final Six Members of 2020 Citizens Redistricting Commission Selected
- Free PPE for Long Beach Businesses
- ICON Jewel's Famed Hollywood Jeweler Talks Diamonds, Covid And These Uncertain Times
- Ravinder LaL named new Chairman of Silicon Valley Central Chamber of Commerce board of directors
In the coming weeks, the campaign increasingly will focus on those who have been disproportionately harmed by this pandemic, particularly California's Black and Latinx communities. Messages will be translated into seven languages and delivered by trusted messengers. In addition, the Listos California emergency preparedness campaign will be supporting paid media efforts and bolstering community engagement efforts.
The "Wear a Mask" campaign received seed funding in partnership with the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, The Skoll Foundation, Rick Caruso, Tom Steyer, the CDC Foundation, and Sierra Health Foundation. It's a continuation of the "Your Actions Save Lives" campaign that has promoted critical public health messaging throughout the pandemic, raising more than $10.75 million in cash and $27 million in in-kind partnerships with multimedia organizations and members of the Governor's Task Force on Business and Jobs recovery. Additional cash contributions and partnerships will be announced in the coming weeks.
Wear a Mask
More on The Californer
- Daniel Vaswani (Red Metric Law, Criminal Defense & DUI) posts video about hate-speech & Facebook
- ICON Jewel's Famed Hollywood Jeweler Talks Diamonds in Uncertain Times
- Model-Dancer Larsen Thompson Makes Her Film Debut with Pearl, Also Starring Anthony Lapaglia
- Q26 Releases Summer Film Issue of QTYPE To Raise Money For The LGBTQ Community
- Why We Need More Black Executives in Hip Hop? by Eric B
Behind the Mask
Social Media Assets
Latest on The Californer
- Hospitality Industry Veteran Kasia Mays Joins CGI Real Estate Investment Strategies as COO
- AmPac Receives $500,000 to Provide Capital to Inland Empire Small Businesses
- Avoiding the 17a-4 Quagmire - AdvisorVault's Guide for Small FINRA Firms
- Retail Sector Update: ADC Talks Future of Retail Design
- Attn: Business Editor re Halloween Business during Covid-19
- L.A. Wolves FC Forward Philip Hephzibah Invited for Trial with The New Saints FC in Wales
- Waterside Productions Announces Laila Valere's New Book "The Birthing Goddess"
- Association Releases Michigan Medicare Supplement Insurance Rates
- Eric Bopp Announces He's Running for Judge
- Green Stream Holdings, Inc. Profiles CEO Madeline Cammarata: Evolving Solar from Function to Fashion
- Private Placement Markets to Opens its Correspondent Banking Platform on Monday
- California Construction Company Wraps Up a Home Addition/Remodel
- Silva Construction Supports "Set a Good Example" Campaign
- ITSMA Announces Finalists for the 2020 Marketing Excellence Awards
- Tom Urquhart, Ph.D., joins IOTech Systems as SVP of Professional Services
- CEO Coaching International Client, StoneAge Inc., Acquires Breadware, A Leader in Industrial IOT Product Development
- A uniquely human story of a young Russian girl and her family who endured a lifetime of struggle, with the atomic bombing of Hiroshima
- Medical Apparel Company, Sway, Cures Ill-Fitting Scrubs with Fashionable, Functional Designs
- HAT Assay Buffer 5X (Biotechnology Grade)
- HDAC Assay Buffer 5X (Biotechnology Grade)