"Jennifer and I are terribly saddened to learn of Detective Armer's untimely death. Amid the current fight against COVID-19, Detective Armer selflessly and courageously served her community and the people of California. We extend our heartfelt condolences to her family, friends, colleagues and members of the Santa Rosa community as they mourn her loss."
Detective Armer, 44, had previously tested positive for COVID-19 and died Tuesday from complications from the illness. Her death is the first line of duty death of a police officer in California to be associated with the disease.
More on The Californer
- Los Angeles Urban League Addresses Protests Related to the Death of George Floyd at the Hands of Police
- San Jose: FLASH REPORT #1 - Protest Safety
- Online Dating Profile Critiques and Makeovers
- Masters Hall of Fame Announces David Dye As The 2021 Keynote Speaker
- Human Hemoglobin for Interference Testing
Detective Armer was a 20-year veteran of the City of Santa Rosa. She began her career as a Field Evidence Technician and was sworn in as a police officer in May, 2008. She was serving as a member of the Santa Rosa Police Department's Domestic Violence Sexual Assault Team at the time of her death.
Detective Armer is survived by her husband and daughter.
In honor of Detective Armer, Capitol flags will be flown at half-staff.
Latest on The Californer
- California: Governor Newsom Signs Executive Order on Actions in Response to COVID-19 5.29.20
- Demand Justice for George Floyd
- Mayor Sam Liccardo's Statement on San Jose Protests Following the Death of George Floyd
- San Jose: FLASH REPORT #110 - COVID-19 Mitigation and Response
- California: Governor Newsom and First Partner Siebel Newsom Announce New and Expanded Support for Victims of Domestic Violence
- San Jose: Notice of CEQA Posting: Charcot Avenue Extension Project and EIR Public Hearing
- STARK Industries, LLC Awarded NASA JPL - VITAL Ventilator Manufacturing License to Combat the Global COVID-19 Crisis
- Americans Face Problems Paying Medical Bills Despite Health Insurance
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed Announces the First New Affordable Housing Development on Treasure Island is Moving Forward
- Real Estate Agent in Montebello, CA 90640
- Joyhorror Entertainment signs Martial Artist, Paul Mormando
- Evolve IP Offers Rapid Deployment of Desktop as a Service to Ingram Micro Partners
- 626 acquires the assets of Innovatus CR and DR Business. The World Slows Down. We Move Faster
- Property from the estate of June D. Winkler will be sold online, June 16th, by Andrew Jones Auctions
- R+M Development Closes on Refinance of Student Housing Project Amidst Pandemic
- Teenage mariachi ensemble records album during pandemic, keeping social distancing guidelines
- Getman Takes his Popular Book Fairs into the Virtual World Transforming the Way Buyers Meet Sellers of Rare Books, Maps, Prints and Ephemera
- Survivorship Conference Presentations Educate Readers about Ritual Abuse and Mind Control
- Teleroute, Part of Alpega Group, launches an API Interface and a new Mobile App to help their growing number of customers work even more efficiently
- Exclusive interview with Katherine Schwarzenegger Pratt "Catching up with Natalie & Katherine"