- RMM Construction Management Services to Oversee New Buena Vista Rancheria Gov. Bldg
- BATA Lowers Violation Penalties at Bay Area Toll Bridges
- Platinum Equity Completes Sale Of Orbit Irrigation To Husqvarna Group
"The Central Valley community has been living with unfair health outcomes for too long," said Governor Newsom. "Zip codes shouldn't be a pre-existing condition. UC Merced's Medical School will be the first of its kind for the community, providing local students with opportunities to both learn closer to home and serve the communities they grew up in, while also working to confront the most persistent health challenges facing the Central Valley head-on."
"Establishing a medical school at UC Merced has been a dream for more than 20 years. Today that dream becomes a reality as we establish a branch campus of the best medical school in the country right here in the San Joaquin Valley. The medical school will truly transform the health care landscape in one of the most underserved regions of California. This is by far my proudest accomplishment. I am extremely grateful to Governor Newsom for making Valley health care a priority," said Assemblymember Gray.
More on The Californer
- Beamo Wins Best Enterprise Solution at the AWE 2021 Auggie Awards
- Direct Mail Reviews - Is Direct Mail Still Effective Today?
- SureShot 2.0 - Breakthrough Billiard and Pool Bridge You Wear on Your Hand Now on Kickstarter
- Paige Founder and Cancer Pathology Thought Leader Dr. David Klimstra Featured on the Impact Podcast with John Shegerian
- Virgelia Productions Produced 33RD Anniversary Pageant
Governor Newsom visits UC Merced campus.
The Central Valley experiences some of the worst health outcomes in the state, while having fewer doctors in the community than other regions. There are 157 medical doctors for every 100,000 residents in the Central Valley, compared with 411 per 100,000 in the Bay Area. Statewide there's 157 primary care physicians per 100,000 residents, while in the Central Valley there's less than 45 per 100,000.
The Medical Education Program is a joint effort between UC Merced, UC San Francisco and UC San Francisco-Fresno. UC Merced's proposed Health, Behavioral Sciences and Medical Education Building will be home to the Medical Education Program, Health Sciences Research Institute, and the Departments of Psychological Sciences and Public Health, serving approximately 2,220 undergraduates by 2030. The Program will also have capacity to train 200 medical school students, with the first cohort of 50 on track for enrollment in 2023. Governor Newsom's 2020 State Budget included $15 million in ongoing funding to support the operation of the joint medical education program and Governor Newsom's 2019 State Budget reflected a commitment to fiscally support the University of California's issuance of bonds to pursue UC Merced's medical school project.
Latest on The Californer
- Cabrillo Economic Development Corporation Announces Newest Board Member
- My Hidden Crypto Gem: The Defi DAO Fund
- Maní, in State of Yucatán, Named a 'Best Tourism Village' at UNWTO General Assembly
- TruAmerica Multifamily Closes Debut Workforce Housing Fund Oversubscribed at $575 Million
- Tigera Improves Cloud-Native Application Security and Simplifies Microservices Troubleshooting, Reducing Time to Resolution from Hours to Minutes
- Work 365 announces integration with ConnectWise for subscription billing and invoicing
- Announcement of Recruitment for the Executive Vice President of the United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology (USCAP)
- Center Table Winter Harvest Returns This Christmas Season With Food Drive Event On December 16 & 17 At The Mark Cuban Heroes Basketball Center
- NetSpring.io Raises $13M Series A to Usher in the Next Generation of Enterprise Data Intelligence
- Wohler releases new and improved iAM-AUDIO PLUS monitors in 1U and 2U form factors
- IXL, Wyzant and Miami-Dade County Public Schools Partner to Provide Personalized Math Instruction
- Home Lender E Mortgage Capital Hosts Industry Event For Mortgage Professionals
- E Mortgage Capital Announces Home Lending Solutions to the State of Missouri
- Storage Made Easy and PoINT Storage Manager announce new partnership
- Jumio Acquiring 4Stop, Redefining the End-to-End Identity Platform
- Covalent Metrology and JEOL Announce Partnership, Silicon Valley Demonstration Facility
- Janine Gateland Wins Award in Accolade Global Film Competition
- Ionis and AstraZeneca to develop and commercialize eplontersen
- How do I get in touch with Egyptair?
- Silvergate Prices Public Offering of Class A Common Stock