Governor Newsom announces $50 million in loan guarantees for small businesses that may not be eligible for federal relief
Governor joins Bitwise Industries in announcing OnwardCa.org, a platform connecting COVID-19 displaced workers with over 70,000 job opportunities in critical industries
State is also allowing small businesses to defer payment of sales and use taxes of up to $50,000, for up to 12 months
SACRAMENTO – Governor Gavin Newsom unveiled a series of new resources to aid small businesses and help California workers who have lost work due to COVID-19.
Beginning tomorrow, California small businesses impacted by the COVID-19 crisis can apply for a loan from the federal government for up to $10 million. Importantly, the program is first-come, first-serve and the Governor encourages all eligible California small businesses to contact their lender to learn more.
More on The Californer
- Los Angeles Urban League Addresses Protests Related to the Death of George Floyd at the Hands of Police
- San Jose: FLASH REPORT #1 - Protest Safety
- Online Dating Profile Critiques and Makeovers
- Masters Hall of Fame Announces David Dye As The 2021 Keynote Speaker
- Human Hemoglobin for Interference Testing
Today, the Governor also announced that the state is allocating $50 million to the California Infrastructure and Economic Development Bank for loan guarantees to small businesses to help eliminate barriers to capital for individuals who do not qualify for federal funds, including low wealth and undocumented immigrant communities. The state is also allowing small businesses to defer payment of sales and use taxes of up to $50,000, for up to 12 months.
Additionally, the Governor joined Bitwise Industries and the Kapor Center to launch OnwardCa.org, a new platform connecting displaced California workers with more than 70,000 job opportunities in critical industries.
Earlier this week, Governor Newsom signed an executive order to help small businesses, granting a 90-day extension for small businesses to pay sales taxes.
More on The Californer
- Free Bilirubin for Interference Testing
- Mayor London Breed and Public Safety Officials Announce Curfew in San Francisco to Begin Tonight at 8 PM
- California: Governor Authorizes Assistance After Request from Los Angeles & Proclaims State of Emergency
- Real Estate Loans Are Closing During Global Pandemic. Just Ask Rickey Biddle of Philadelphia
- Governor Newsom Statement on Demonstrations Across California and the Passing of Federal Officer
Governor Newsom also today announced $17.8 million in new state initiatives to support California workers impacted by COVID-19. The allocation will come from Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act funds with $7.8 million going to the Los Angeles region and $10 million made available statewide.
"The COVID-19 pandemic is having cascading effects for millions of California families and small businesses," said Governor Gavin Newsom. "Through no fault of their own, more than a million Californians have lost a job and countless more are seeing their businesses fail. California will emerge from this crisis stronger than before, and until then, the state will work overtime with the federal government and private sector to get families the help they need.
For more information, go to covid-19.ca.gov.
Latest on The Californer
- Teenage mariachi ensemble records album during pandemic, keeping social distancing guidelines
- Getman Takes his Popular Book Fairs into the Virtual World Transforming the Way Buyers Meet Sellers of Rare Books, Maps, Prints and Ephemera
- Survivorship Conference Presentations Educate Readers about Ritual Abuse and Mind Control
- Teleroute, Part of Alpega Group, launches an API Interface and a new Mobile App to help their growing number of customers work even more efficiently
- Exclusive interview with Katherine Schwarzenegger Pratt "Catching up with Natalie & Katherine"
- San Francisco: New Health Order Requires Residents and Workers to Wear Face Coverings Outside the Home
- San Jose: FLASH REPORT #109 - COVID-19 Mitigation and Response
- Space Cadet Launches A Flower Sniffer's Book Of Paper Craft to Ward off Boredom Better Than Binging TV
- Orange County Lemon Law Attorney Luis Aguirre Launches Spanish Version of its Website
- Summer Camp ONLINE at Theatre School @ North Coast Rep
- Mayor London Breed Announces Timeline and Plan for Safely Reopening San Francisco
- MedTrainer Named Best Compliance Management Solution Provider in 2020 MedTech Breakthrough Awards
- Beta-Mannosidase Activity Assay Kit (Fluorometric)
- Launching OneQuantum LLC the Quantum Tech startup community
- OrPro Therapeutics Advances a New Inhalation Treatment Approach for COVID-19
- SmartGateVC Will Establish a Start-Up Tech Accelerator in Glendale Called Hero House Glendale
- RC Diedrich and Tremain Hayhoe Discuss Succeeding No Matter What
- Property from the estate of June D. Winkler will be sold online by Andrew Jones Auctions, June 16th
- Nicole Rogas, Senior Vice President at Experian Health, joins Nuevozen Advisory Board
- WHIP IT, SIP IT! Virtual Wine Tasting with Gerald Casale, Co-Founder of Rock Band Devo & Proprietor of The 50 by 50 Winery in Napa Valley