SACRAMENTO – Governor Gavin Newsom today signed an executive order expanding consumer protection against price gouging as California continues to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The order generally prohibits sellers of any kind from increasing prices on food, consumer goods, medical or emergency supplies, and certain other items by more than 10 percent. The order also gives additional tools to the California Department of Justice and Attorney General's Office, among others, to take action against price gougers.
"This crisis has impacted every Californian and our normal way of life, and we are ensuring that all consumers are able to purchase what they need, at a fair price," said Governor Newsom.
More on The Californer
- New Hampshire Company Offers Technology to Automate Social Distance Monitoring and Contact Tracing
- San Jose: : Fed up with Fireworks? Report Illegal Fireworks During the 4th of July Season
- Ventura County Public Works Agency and Southern California Edison Upgrade Streetlghts
- Human Error ONLINE at North Coast Repertory Theatre
- MGN Logistics, Inc. Announces stock purchases in Transportation and Logistics Systems, Inc
A copy of the Governor's executive order can be found here, and the text of the order can be found here.
Learn more about the state's ongoing COVID-19 response efforts here. Visit covid19.ca.gov for critical steps Californians can take to stay healthy, and resources available to those impacted by the outbreak.
Latest on The Californer
- Sharlene "Pebblz" Ronquilo Accepts Appointment as U.S. Ambassador FoRe! ALS - Living Royal
- Private Placement Markets Introduces Its "commercial Real Estate Value Protection Plans"
- Masters Hall of Fame Announces Michelle Manu As The 2021 Grandmaster of Ceremonies
- Long Beach: Citywide Curfew at 8 pm to Ensure Public Safety Inbox
- Los Angeles Urban League Addresses Protests Related to the Death of George Floyd at the Hands of Police
- San Jose: FLASH REPORT #1 - Protest Safety
- Online Dating Profile Critiques and Makeovers
- Masters Hall of Fame Announces David Dye As The 2021 Keynote Speaker
- Human Hemoglobin for Interference Testing
- Free Bilirubin for Interference Testing
- Mayor London Breed and Public Safety Officials Announce Curfew in San Francisco to Begin Tonight at 8 PM
- California: Governor Authorizes Assistance After Request from Los Angeles & Proclaims State of Emergency
- Real Estate Loans Are Closing During Global Pandemic. Just Ask Rickey Biddle of Philadelphia
- Governor Newsom Statement on Demonstrations Across California and the Passing of Federal Officer
- California: Governor Newsom Signs Executive Order on Actions in Response to COVID-19 5.29.20
- Demand Justice for George Floyd
- Mayor Sam Liccardo's Statement on San Jose Protests Following the Death of George Floyd
- San Jose: FLASH REPORT #110 - COVID-19 Mitigation and Response
- California: Governor Newsom and First Partner Siebel Newsom Announce New and Expanded Support for Victims of Domestic Violence
- San Jose: Notice of CEQA Posting: Charcot Avenue Extension Project and EIR Public Hearing