Californians economically impacted by COVID-19 may receive 90-day grace periods to make mortgage payments
Financial institutions agree not to negatively impact credit reports as a result of accepting payment relief
SACRAMENTO – Governor Gavin Newsom today announced that financial institutions will provide major financial relief for millions of Californians suffering financially as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak.
"Millions of California families will be able to take a sigh of relief," said Governor Newsom. "These new financial protections will provide relief to California families and serve as a model for the rest of the nation. I thank each of the financial institutions that will provide this relief to millions of Californians who have been hurt financially from COVID-19."
More on The Californer
- (2-Hydroxypropyl)-α-cyclodextrin from Molecular Depot
- Methyl-β-cyclodextrin (Biochemistry Grade) from Molecular Depot
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 8.10.20
- Berlinlasers High Precision 100mW 532nm Green Laser Diode Module
- San Jose: Mayor Liccardo Joins SHP Foundation, Habitat for Humanity for Evans Lane Groundbreaking
Governor Newsom secured support from Citigroup, JPMorgan Chase, U.S. Bank, and Wells Fargo and nearly 200 state-chartered banks, credit unions, and servicers to protect homeowners and consumers.
Under the Governor's proposal, Californians who are struggling with the COVID-19 crisis may be eligible for the following relief upon contacting their financial institution:
90-Day Grace Period for Mortgage Payments
Financial institutions will offer, consistent with applicable guidelines, mortgage payment forbearances of up to 90 days to borrowers economically impacted by COVID-19. In addition, those institutions will:
- Provide borrowers a streamlined process to request a forbearance for COVID-19-related reasons, supported with available documentation; Confirm approval of and terms of forbearance program; and Provide borrowers the opportunity to request additional relief, as practicable, upon continued showing of hardship due to COVID-19.
More on The Californer
- California: Governor Newsom Statement on Death of CDCR Correctional Sergeant 8.10.20
- Sustainable Student-Run Company's Diverse Work Environment Embodies American-Made Spirit
- Beautytap TV Launches With A Roster Of International Artists & Influencers
- California: Governor Newsom Announces $81.8 Million in Commitments to Support Isolation and Quarantine Efforts in Communities Disproportionately Impacted by COVID-19
- e7 Health now offers at-home COVID-19 saliva test kits
No Negative Credit Impacts Resulting from Relief
Financial institutions will not report derogatory tradelines (e.g., late payments) to credit reporting agencies, consistent with applicable guidelines, for borrowers taking advantage of COVID-19-related relief.
Moratorium on Initiating Foreclosure Sales or Evictions
For at least 60 days, financial institutions will not initiate foreclosure sales or evictions, consistent with applicable guidelines.
Relief from Fees and Charges
For at least 90 days, financial institutions will waive or refund at least the following for customers who have requested assistance:
- Mortgage-related late fees; and Other fees, including early CD withdrawals (subject to applicable federal regulations).
Loans held by a financial institution may be serviced by another company.
Please note that financial institutions and their servicers are experiencing high volumes of inquiries.
Latest on The Californer
- 'Man Of The Hour' Media Kit Highlights Brand's Expansion
- Andrew Carnegie Global Capital Announces a $20M Fintech Venture with Braintree in the Coming Year
- Andrew Carnegie Global Capital Has Announced an Equity Investment in a Brantstone Properties Development Project – London, Slated 2023
- What if Bon Jovi's Drummer Had Been an Indian Temple Musician From 800AD?
- Crochet artwork in a league of its own
- New Memoir By U.S. Marine: Releasing on Amazon September 06 2020
- 3 Days Left for FREE Enrollment in New Algebra Made Easy with Math Minutes Pro Course on Udemy
- MTC Invites Residents to Weigh In on Toll Policies As Martinez-Walnut Creek Express Lane Debut Nears
- Building Your Success System. Unique New eBook
- Onlive Server Announced Europe based Germany VPS Server Hosting Services with KVM Hypervisor Cloud Panel
- The Most Innovative Hip Hop Cypher of 2020 Has Been Released!
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 8.7.20
- Final Six Members of 2020 Citizens Redistricting Commission Selected
- Free PPE for Long Beach Businesses
- ICON Jewel's Famed Hollywood Jeweler Talks Diamonds, Covid And These Uncertain Times
- Ravinder LaL named new Chairman of Silicon Valley Central Chamber of Commerce board of directors
- Daniel Vaswani (Red Metric Law, Criminal Defense & DUI) posts video about hate-speech & Facebook
- ICON Jewel's Famed Hollywood Jeweler Talks Diamonds in Uncertain Times
- Model-Dancer Larsen Thompson Makes Her Film Debut with Pearl, Also Starring Anthony Lapaglia
- Q26 Releases Summer Film Issue of QTYPE To Raise Money For The LGBTQ Community