The Governor today named Administrative Presiding Justice of the Sixth District Court of Appeal Mary J. Greenwood to serve on the Bay Area Judicial Selection Advisory Committee; Los Angeles County Public Defender's Office head deputy-supervisor Irene G. Nunez and Greene, Broillet & Wheeler partner Christine D. Spagnoli to the Los Angeles Judicial Selection Advisory Committee; and former Presiding Judge of the San Diego County Superior Court Peter Deddeh to the San Diego Judicial Selection Advisory Committee.
In keeping with his commitment to increase transparency in government, the Governor last year announced the creation of eight Judicial Selection Advisory Committees (JSACs) – representing the Bay Area, Central Coast, Central Valley, Inland Empire, Los Angeles, Northern California, Orange and San Diego regions – comprised of attorneys and judges who live and work in the regions. For the first time in California history, the individuals who provide important feedback on judicial candidates for nomination and appointment are known to the public.
More on The Californer
- Delirious Comedy Club Of Downtown Las Vegas Continues Nightly Laughter With Celebrity Comedy Series
- Singer-songwriter guests on Deeper Than Music on iHeart Radio
- Director, Producer, and Special Effects Guru Joe Castro guests on Deeper Than Music on IHeart Radio
- Mattel Receives Record Number of "Toy of the Year" Awards
- It's A Three-Peat! L.O.L. Surprise! Wins Toy Of The Year!
Committee members convene at the request of Judicial Appointments Secretary Justice Martin Jenkins (Ret.) to provide feedback on candidates' legal acumen, work ethic, temperament and demonstrated commitment to public service. They review all candidates before forwarding their names to the Governor for review. All feedback from the JSACs is advisory in nature only, and is considered by the Governor's Office in combination with evaluations provided by the State Bar of California and county and affinity bar associations.
The JSACs are comprised of attorneys and judges, selected by the Judicial Appointments Secretary, who are in good standing with the State Bar of California and are diverse with respect to race, ethnicity, sexual orientation and gender, as well as substantive legal practice areas. In identifying potential committee members, the Judicial Appointments Secretary considers suggestions from members of California state and local bar organizations and California affinity bar organizations.
A complete list of committee members, by region, can be found here.
Latest on The Californer
- Why good, kind, and positive people are always happier
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 2.21.20
- Assault Industries introduces a new UTV specific tool kit!
- Houston Trailblazer, Jade Simmons, Hosts Restoration Rally
- California: On the Heels of State of the State, Governor Newsom Highlights State-Owned Properties Available for Emergency Homeless Housing, Calls on Cities and Counties to Partner with the State
- Referral Program Rewards and Incentives: Save & Go Beyond Quotes
- INVESTOR ACTION REMINDER: The Schall Law Firm Announces the Filing of a Class Action Lawsuit Against JELD-WEN Holding, Inc. and Encourages Investors with Losses in Excess of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
- San Jose: Public Review Draft MND: 259 Meridian Ave Mixed-Use Project
- Griot Gala Oscars 2020 Party Celebrates Diversity & Inclusion
- Fast Tilt Retaining Walls Construction Event Extended - Register Now
- California: Governor Gavin Newsom Announces Council of Economic Advisors
- Process Technology wins Evolution in Manufacturing Award
- San Jose: Seven Trees Recording Arts Academy Program, receives $35,000 grant from Wish Book
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client ShelfGenie on Induction into the Franchise Hall of Fame
- San Jose: Summer Jobs for Youth
- Comedian Don Barnhart Reopens Jokesters Comedy Club With Best Deal In Las Vegas
- Sucrose Phosphorylase Activity Assay Kit (Colorimetric)
- Boulder International Film Festival: March 5th - March 8th, 2020 includes Celebrity Appearances, Award-Winning Filmmakers, New Adventure Film Pavilion
- R&B/Pop Singer Tanya Nolan Officially Releases Self-Titled Album
- "The Differences between Liposuction and Liposculpture" explained by Dr. Mitchell Cohen