- RockNTix takes on the ticketing monopoly with a view to abolishing service fees - 164
- Country Artist Ashley Wineland to Release Poignant Ballad 'I'm Going Home'; Announces Her 2023 National Tour
- San Jose: : San José's Chief Building Official Chu Chang Honored as California Building Official of the Year
"A veteran of the CHP, Commissioner Duryee has dedicated his career to serving the people of California, starting as a Cadet decades ago," said Governor Newsom. "His leadership, extensive experience and dedication will continue to serve California well and I thank him for taking on this new role."
Sean Duryee, 48, of Galt, has served as Acting Commissioner of the California Highway Patrol since January 2023. He served in several positions at CHP from 1998 to 2022, including Deputy Commissioner, Executive Assistant to the Commissioner, Special Representative to the Legislature, Commander of the Department's Commercial Vehicle Section, Academy Instructor and Cadet. He is a coach for the Liberty Ranch High School Girls Varsity Basketball Team. This position requires Senate confirmation and the compensation is $315,348. Duryee is registered without party preference.
The Governor also announced the following appointments today:
Noemí Otilia O. Gallardo, 45, of Plumas Lake, has been appointed to the State Energy Resources Conservation and Development Commission (California Energy Commission). Gallardo has been Chief of Staff for California Energy Commission Chair David Hochschild since 2022 and was Public Advisor at the Commission from 2019 to 2022. Gallardo was a Senior Manager of Public Policy at Sunrun Inc. from 2017 to 2019. She was a Program Fellow at the Evelyn & Walter Haas Jr. Fund from 2015 to 2016. Gallardo was Owner and Consultant at Gallardo Law & Policy Consulting from 2013 to 2016. She was an Energy and Telecommunications Legal Fellow at the Greenlining Institute from 2012 to 2013. Gallardo was Owner and Interpreter at Voz Interpreting from 2003 to 2009. She earned a Master of Public Policy degree in Urban and Social Policy from the University of Southern California and a Juris Doctor degree from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law. This position requires Senate confirmation and the compensation is $170,464. Gallardo is a Democrat.
More on The Californer
- Murder on the Links WORLD PREMIERE at North Coast Repertory Theatre
- Ferocious Talent Management Europe Celebrates the Fifth Grammy Win For Our Very Own Rob Chiarelli At
- Majority Of Medicare Advantage Plans Offer Added Benefits
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 3.24.23
- California Continues Creating Jobs
Phillip Lindsay, 50, of San Diego, has been appointed Chief Deputy General Counsel at the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation. Lindsay has been a Senior Assistant Attorney General at the California Attorney General's Office since 2016 and was a Supervising Deputy Attorney General there from 2010 to 2016 and a Deputy Attorney General from 2006 to 2010. He was a Child Support Program Attorney for the San Diego County Department of Child Support Services from 2001 to 2006. He is a member of the California Lawyers Association. Lindsay earned a Juris Doctor degree from Georgia State University College of Law. This position does not require Senate confirmation and the compensation is $205,788. Lindsay is registered without party preference.
Bruce Armistead, 59, of Elk Grove, has been appointed Chief Program Manager at the California High-Speed Rail Authority, where he has been Director of Operations and Maintenance since 2015. He was Executive Project Director at Fluor Enterprises from 2011 to 2014 and Assistant Vice President at Parsons Brinckerhoff from 2008 to 2011. He was Senior Project Manager at Alameda Corridor – East Construction Authority from 1997 to 2007. Armistead is a member of the American Railway Engineering and Maintenance-of-Way Association and the Transportation Research Board. This position does not require Senate confirmation and the compensation is $275,004. Armistead is a Democrat.
William S. Casey III, 54, of Pleasant Hill, has been appointed Chief Operating Officer for the California High-Speed Rail Authority. He has been Deputy District Director, Construction, District 4 for the California Department of Transportation since 2021. Casey has served in multiple positions for the Department since 1991, including District Division Chief, Construction from 2018 to 2021, Assistant Division Chief, Construction from 2019 to 2020 and Construction Manager from 2010 to 2018. Casey is a member of the American Society of Civil Engineers and the Professional Engineers in California Government. This position does not require Senate confirmation and the compensation is $320,004. Casey is a Democrat.
More on The Californer
- California: Governor Newsom Eases Drought Restrictions
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 3.23.23
- California: What They're Saying: Governor Newsom's Proposal to Hold Big Oil Accountable
- California: Governor Newsom Signs Legislation 3.23.23
- Matt Fogelgren to Join Cleartelligence Executive Team as Chief Revenue Officer
Pamela "Pam" Mizukami, 56, of Sacramento, has been reappointed Chief Deputy Director at the California High-Speed Rail Authority, where she has served since 2018. Mizukami held several positions at the California Department of Motor Vehicles from 2006 to 2018, including Deputy Director and Business Management Chief. She held several positions at the Department of General Services from 1994 to 2006, including Electronic Data Processing Acquisition Manager, Senior Electronic Data Processing Acquisition Supervisor and Staff Electronic Data Processing Acquisition Specialist. This position does not require Senate confirmation and the compensation is $204,324. Mizukami is a Democrat.
Dominique Rulens, 63, of West Sacramento, has been appointed Deputy Chief of Rail and Operations Delivery for the California High-Speed Rail Authority. He has been Deputy Director Integration for the California High-Speed Rail Authority and Senior Director of Construction Management at WSP since 2016. He was Project Director at SYSTRA from 2007 to 2016 and Project Manager at SNCF Engineering Department High Speed Rail Section from 1989 to 1997 and 2003 to 2007. Rulens was a Railway Infrastructure Expert at KEOLIS UK from 2001 to 2003. He was a Design Lead and Contract Manager at SYSTRA UK from 1997 to 2001 and a Train Operation Manager at SNCF Reseau from 1982 to 1988. He is a member of the American Railway Engineering and Maintenance-of-Way Association and the American Public Transportation Association. Rulens earned a Master of Science degree in Civil Engineering from Conservatoire National des Arts et Metiers. This position does not require Senate confirmation and the compensation is $270,000. Rulens is not registered to vote.
Filed Under: Government, State
Latest on The Californer
- 2023 National Farmworker Awareness Week
- Orbex Introduces Double Profits for New Traders
- Against All Odds: University of California Berkeley Men's Cricket Team Lifts NCCA Cup
- Tech N9ne Surprises Kxng Crooked Interview with I Only Touch Greatness
- Quotehunt.co.uk: Revolutionising the UK B2B Market with Comprehensive Comparison Services for Small Businesses
- The 2nd Aollywood Five Continents Film Festival Nominations Were Announced: "All Quiet on the Western Front" Led With 7 Nominations
- Human Matriptase/ST14 Protein (High Purity)
- Myristoyl-Coenzyme A (Highly Pure)
- Dr. Kelli Ward and Martha Boneta Fain join the advisory board of Legacy PAC , a partner of Veterans for Trump
- My Refuge House Hosts Much Ado for Freedom
- 2023 Employee Handbook Templates Now Available
- Passive Income for Retirees - Income Ideas for Retirees
- Shareholder Alert: Robbins LLP Informs Investors of Class Action Against Stanley Black & Decker, Inc. (SWK)
- Mercy Street to Host the Largest Opening Day Event in the Organization's 20 Year History
- The Nashville International Chopin Piano Competition Announces the Alexei Sultanov Memorial Discovery Prize
- Available Medicare Advantage Plans 2023 Increased By 6 Percent
- Kobie Voted a Top Workplace USA
- Aquia Inc. Joins the AWS Partner Network and the AWS Public Sector Partner Program
- PatientClick launched Hybrid Medical Billing Services
- Perfect Body Laser and Aesthetics ® Offers Tetra CoolPeel Co2 Laser Skin Resurfacing