- Goat Anti-Mouse IgG1 Fab Fragment Cyanine 3 Conjugate
- Wells Fargo Investment Institute Believes 2024 is a Pivotal Year for the Economy and Markets
- Gambian Films Earn Prestigious Selection at Ohio Valley Festival for Filmmakers of Color
The new law will benefit over 500,000 fast-food workers in California who have been fighting for higher wages and better working conditions for decades. Governor Newsom said "California is home to more than 500,000 fast-food workers who – for decades – have been fighting for higher wages and better working conditions. Today, we take one step closer to fairer wages, safer and healthier working conditions, and better training by giving hardworking fast-food workers a stronger voice and seat at the table."
Assemblymember Holden expressed his gratitude to the SEIU and all who supported this effort saying "We did not just raise the minimum wage to $20 an hour for fast food workers. We helped a father or mother feed their children, we helped a student put gas in their car, and helped a grandparent get their grandchild a birthday gift. Last month, when we were knee deep in negotiations, hundreds of workers slept in their cars and missed pay days to come give their testimony in committee and defend their livelihood. Sacrifice, dedication, and the power of a government who serves its people is what got us to this moment."
More on The Californer
- Governor Newsom Highlights Funding for Climate Change Resiliency Projects Across California
- The Major Hope Foundation Brings 'A Major Day of Hope To Los Angeles'
- Blue Ridge Bankshares, Inc. (BRBS) Investor Notice: Robbins LLP Reminds Shareholders of Class Action Filed Against Blue Ridge Bankshares, Inc.
- California Gets $70 Million in Federal Funding to Accelerate Salton Sea Restoration
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 12.8.23
The new law also sets an annual wage increase cap at the lesser of 3.5% or the annual increase in the US-CPI for Urban Wage Earners and Clerical Workers. It also ensures consistency for a statewide industry wage by stating only the Council may set wages for fast food workers until January 1st 2029 when it will sunset.
David Huerta President of SEIU California said "After ten years of vibrant and courageous activism which included raising the minimum wage for all workers in the state and bringing billions of dollars into working families' pockets; fast food workers have now achieved something historic."
Ingrid Vilorio a California fast food worker leader in Fight For $15 said "From day one of our movement we have demanded a seat at the table so we could improve our pay and working conditions. This moment was built by every fast-food worker both here in California across the country who has bravely gone on strike exposed issues our industry made bold demands corporations that knew could do better by frontline workers." She added "We now have power win transformational changes every fast-food cook cashier barista our state hope what win here shows workers other industries other states that when fight win!"
Latest on The Californer
- Arcellx Announces Continued Robust Long-Term Responses from Its CART-ddBCMA (anito-cel) Phase 1 Expansion Trial in Patients with Relapsed or Refractory Multiple Myeloma at ASH
- Feast of the Seven Fishes at Cibo Modern Mediterranean
- California: Governor Newsom Reaffirms Support for Updated Delta Conveyance Proposal
- Emory Healthcare Network and Peachtree Immediate Care continue collaboration, sign new long-term agreement
- On behalf of the At Your Service Plumbing Club Members, we have donated to The Salvation Army and Families Network Unlimited this Holiday Season
- Entry Deadline is January 12 for California Strawberry Festival Artwork Contest
- 1H-Benzotriazol-1-yloxytripyrrolidinophosphonium Hexafluorophosphate (Highly Pure)
- Open Networking & Edge Summit 2024 in Silicon Valley Extends CFP Deadline to December 17 and releases 2024 Ecosystem Predictions
- California Community College Expands with 17-Device Order
- Operation Bullpen Stan Fitzgerald hits back on political persecution with "The Fall of Deceit" now available for purchase
- Neberon Heated Gloves: Your Best Winter Companion for Christmas
- Joby, ANA Holdings Partner with Nomura Real Estate Development for Vertiports in Japan
- Zero Upfront Fee Website- Thinking About Starting A Business?
- Penny S. Tee, MBA: A Beacon of Peace Amidst Conflict
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 12.7.23
- Habitat EJC Assembles National Team for Permanently Affordable Community
- State Marks 100+ Water System Consolidations, Providing Safe Drinking Water for 90,000 Californians
- Chaos Loc Releases New Album "Life After Super Max"
- Joel Osman is Promoted to Partner at Parker Shaffie LLP
- Scott Cooper Miami Project Announces New Scholarship Winner: Aban Khan