- Atrium Raises $13.5 Million to Revolutionize Data-Driven Sales Management
- Pfizer Donating 1 Million Naloxone Doses to Direct Relief for Life-Saving Opioid Overdose Reversal
- #1 Billboard Jazz Artist Ski Johnson to Release 10th Studio Album and Tell All Movie
By Governor Gavin Newsom
After one of the most challenging years of our lives, there's a light at the end of the tunnel—the COVID-19 vaccines are here, and my administration is working to ensure that no community is left behind.
The COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective. They are our best hope to end the pandemic. Getting a COVID-19 vaccine is free, even if you're undocumented or don't have health insurance.
After the federal government authorized the use of the vaccines back in December, our own Western States Scientific Safety Review Group confirmed that the vaccines are safe. The Panel includes nationally acclaimed scientists, many from California, with expertise in public health.
Although supplies of the vaccine are limited right now, we're working in close partnership with the federal government to get more vaccines into the state. And we're working hard to build a system for swiftly and safely vaccinating Californians with equity at the forefront.
While supply of vaccine is constrained, we're prioritizing vaccines for the Californians most at risk–including health care workers, individuals 65 and older, and workers in education and child care, emergency services and food and agriculture. That means grocery store workers, restaurant workers, farmworkers, those who work in food processing facilities and many others may now be prioritized. And we're working to ensure that the communities most impacted by COVID-19–so often the communities of color and essential workers who have been sustaining us through this crisis–can access the vaccine.
More on The Californer
- A Urban Morgan Productions Inc. debuts its latest feature film "Deception," directed by Justin Williams
- Public Review Draft Addendum: 600 S 1st Street (Scape San Jose, formerly known as Garden Gate Tower)
- AUA College of Medicine, Carson-Newman University Pen Admissions Agreement
- San Francisco: Statement from Mayor London Breed on Guilty Verdict in Trial of Derek Chauvin
- Legion Partners Issues Letter to Genesco's Board Regarding Its Decision to Delay the Company's 2021 Annual Meeting
We're investing in community-based organizations and partnering with trusted messengers who have been providing critical services and information to California's diverse communities during the pandemic so that they can help educate, motivate and activate people to get vaccinated when it's their turn. We're also building messaging through a public education campaign, creating in-language content with cultural humility and meeting Californians where they are—literally, through the mobile vaccination sites that have deployed throughout the state to community centers, places of worship and health clinics.
Vaccination sites are being set up throughout the state, and we're working closely with community partners to make sure that vaccines are distributed to those who have been hit the hardest by this virus.
You may see people in uniform or police protecting vaccine sites. They are here to help Californians get vaccinated and are not immigration officials.
The federal government, under President Biden, has confirmed that they will not conduct immigration enforcement operations at or near vaccine sites or clinics. You should not be asked about your immigration status when you get a COVID-19 vaccine.
More on The Californer
- California: Governor Newsom Statement on Chauvin Trial Verdict
- Disney Star Devan Leos Is Using Social Media to Support Charities
- SKB Releases 5 New R Series Sizes, STAC Cases Optimized for Palletized Shipping
- Who Should Own the Covid-19 Vaccine
- Iris Automation Announces Availability of Groundbreaking Detect and Avoid System, Casia X, with Enhanced 360 Degree Performance
Also, your medical information is private and cannot be shared with immigration officials. And, vaccinations do not count under the public charge rule.
All Californians can sign up on myturn.ca.gov to be notified when they are eligible for a vaccine. Eligible individuals in several counties, including Los Angeles, San Diego, Fresno and San Francisco, can also use My Turn to schedule an appointment, with more counties expected to begin using My Turn for scheduling in the coming weeks. My Turn is also accessible via a toll-free hotline at 1-833-422-4255. Operators speak English and Spanish, and third-party interpretation is also available in 250+ languages. You can also ask your physician or your pharmacy about scheduling an appointment.
After you've been vaccinated, it's still important to wear a mask, wash your hands often and continue to stay six feet apart to protect others in your community who have not yet been vaccinated.
I encourage every Californian to get vaccinated as soon as it's your turn. Together, we can end the pandemic.
Latest on The Californer
- NBA Veteran Wilson Chandler Makes History by Signing First-Ever Completely Virtual Shoe Deal
- Resolution Introduced in New York City Council Calls on the United States to Endorse United Nations Convention on Biological Diversity
- BRS Media's dotFM Is the First Premier Top-Level Domain Registry to Accept Dogecoin
- Beer Dispenser Market To Register 3.6% CAGR By 2028 Based On Shift Of Consumer Preference Towards Staying Indoors During the COVID-19 Pandemic Situation | Million Insights
- Absortech breaks new sustainable ground
- Housing Is A Human Right Hails Withdrawal of Dr. Drew's Nomination to LAHSA Panel
- YMS Services Remains Dedicated to Providing Top-Rated Locksmith Services to the LA Community
- Newegg Shoppers Can Now Pay with Dogecoin
- Long Beach: Over 50%
- Columbus Software Engineering Division Appraised at CMMI Level 3
- BYD and SMART Union Applaud Biden Administration Plan to Build Back Better
- Dahua Technology Releases Lineup of 2-wire IP Video Intercom Products
- Pyruvate Carboxylase Activity Assay Kit (Colorimetric)
- Medicare Advantage Statistics Resource Initiated By Medicare Insurance Association
- Rambus Joins DARPA Toolbox Initiative with State-of-the-Art Security and Interface IP
- Inframark Acquires Environmental Development Partners
- Applications for San Francisco's $3 Million Music and Entertainment Venue Fund to Open April 21
- Singer Linda Imperial Releases New Single "Just Right" From Latest EP 'Heart Rock'
- ResortNet Completes Installation Of Fiber-To-The-Home (FTTH) to Rural Colorado Residential Community
- Metropolitan Launches Multilingual Classes on Planting, Care of California Friendly® Landscaping