- Celebrate Earth Day on a wine-filled adventure along the Shawangunk Wine Trail!
- California: State Reaffirms Right to Contraceptive Care
- Multi-Platinum Songwriter Harold Payne Releases New Inspirational Anthem
COSTA MESA, Calif., Oct. 3, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- California Pizza Kitchen (CPK), the creator of California-style pizza, announced the opening of a new franchise location at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). The opening marks the brand's second location within the airport as CPK continues to expand across U.S. markets. Located within Terminal 6 at LAX, the new restaurant is owned and operated by Greg Plummer, Chief Executive Officer and Managing Partner of Concord Collective, a minority-owned airport concession operator.
"We are thrilled to partner with Concord Collective to provide a fresh, healthy, alternative dining option for the most discerning travelers," said Giorgio Minardi, Executive Vice President of Global and Franchise Operations for CPK. "Greg Plummer and his stellar team have a strong background in creating rich hospitality experiences at LAX, and they share in our commitment to bring the brand's signature California-inspired cuisine to travelers who pass through Terminal 6 at LAX from all over the world."
CPK's new LAX location will provide guests with the full-service "California Casual" dining experience they have come to expect at all the brand's locations. The menu will feature a range of classic CPK dishes including hearth-baked pizzas - such as The Original BBQ Chicken, Thai Chicken, and California Club, - inventive salads, and crave-worthy pastas. The menu will also carry several new California-inspired breakfast items for travelers looking to fuel the start of their day.
More on The Californer
- TERRASHADE® Receives Patent Approval for Innovative Portable Shade Structure
- California: Governor Newsom Honors Three Law Enforcement Officers With Medal of Valor
- Veracyte's Decipher Prostate Test Receives Highest Evidence-Level Rating Among Molecular Tests in Updated Prostate Cancer NCCN Guidelines
- ENTOUCH Awarded Prestigious Recognition in Inc. Regionals Southwest 2024
- Viking Therapeutics Announces Proposed Public Offering of Common Stock
The new CPK at LAX builds on an already strong year for the brand, which expanded into Canada for the first time in August with the opening of its new Edmonton location and opened in Santiago International Airport early last month. New operators continue to be drawn to its attractive franchise model as additional CPK locations in Costa Rica and India are scheduled to open later this year.
"California Pizza Kitchen's innovative business model, iconic cuisine, and hometown name recognition made it a perfect fit to add to our portfolio of brands at LAX," said Plummer. "We know CPK will be a welcomed and popular option for airport travelers in Los Angeles seeking a convenient choice when they fly."
Plummer began his career in restaurant management at LAX in 2005. He and his Los Angeles-based team at Concord Collective recently made history at LAX with the recent acquisition of SSP America's LAX businesses, making the company the first Airport Concessions Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (ACDBE) business to take over the entire portfolio of a major food and beverage concession operator. Together, the joint venture partners currently operate eight food and beverage outlets for Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield Airports (URW), the prime commercial developer and manager at LAX.
"CPK with its fresh and healthy offerings is a perfect fit for our guests in Terminal 6," said Maral Matossian, Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield (URW) General Manager, LAX. "We are excited to welcome another Concord Collective restaurant and are thrilled to see this ACDBE business continue to grow. It's a win for our guests and a win for our community."
More on The Californer
- Omar L. Harris: Leading the Charge for a New Era of J.E.D.I Leadership, Inducted into Kirkus Reviews Indie Books of the Month and More
- The Law Office of Rene Potter Sues Owner of San Diego Martial Arts Dojo Alleging Years Long Sexual Abuse of Student/Employee Starting When She Was a Minor
- TVS Pinball Network Adds Over 100 Classic Cartoons to 24/7 Streaming FAST Channel on WatchYour.TV
- Visionary entrepreneur and technology leader, João Mendes de Miranda, reveals his secret to success
- California Seizes Record 62,000 Pounds of Fentanyl
California Pizza Kitchen provides franchisees flexibility with customizable menus, design layouts, and multiple daypart offerings so that each location can individually align with consumer needs and thrive within their market. These key differentiators, along with a very high average unit volume, have positioned the brand as an attractive investment by experienced multi-unit franchisees. California Pizza Kitchen prioritizes catering to franchisees' needs, providing them with the tools and resources required, including expanding technology and mobile capabilities for each location, best-in-class training, and development in all areas of the business.
To learn more about franchise development opportunities and available markets with California Pizza Kitchen, visit www.cpk.com/franchise.
About California Pizza Kitchen
In 1985, California Pizza Kitchen (CPK) opened its first restaurant in Beverly Hills and introduced diners to gourmet California inspired pizza. With a passion for combining fresh, seasonal ingredients with flavor inspirations from around the world, today CPK is a global brand serving creative California cuisine in more than 180 restaurants across 10 countries and U.S. territories. From its innovative, hearth-baked pizzas such as The Original BBQ Chicken, Thai Chicken, and California Club, to inventive salads, and unique pasta dishes that combine the old world with the new, CPK does everything with an imaginative California-inspired twist that guests love. For more information, visit cpk.com and follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
SOURCE California Pizza Kitchen
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Californer
- MashUp presents 8th Annual International Women's Day Dance Festival
- Rocky Michaels releases his latest official music video, 'Seasons'
- City Encourages Long Beach Residents Enrolled in the U.S. Affordable Connectivity Program to Review Internet Bill as Program Funding Nears Completion
- Yours Humanly to Hold 7th Annual Gift of Schooling Gala, March 9, Blackhawk Museum
- Cal Lutheran Professor Named Inaugural Faculty Fellow
- TriCo Bancshares Announces Increase in Quarterly Cash Dividend
- City of Long Beach Launches Sidewalk to Success Program to Support Business Development
- Landis+Gyr and SPAN Announce Partnership to Unlock Electrification and DER Flexibility at the Grid Edge USA - English USA - English
- City to Host, Fund 2024 Long Beach Pride Parade
- Star Wars' The Mandalorian & Grogu to be Filmed in California Through the State's Film and TV Tax Credit Program
- California Sees Significant Increase in Applications to Join CHP
- Salem News Channel Host Mike Gallagher to Broadcast from Israel
- Vantiva Demonstrates One of the First Carrier-Grade Wi-Fi 7 Extenders and Advanced 5G FWA CPE at Mobile World Congress 2024
- Metro Commercial Brokers Deal Brings Puttshack to The Shops at Liberty Place
- Flourish Ventures Promotes Investment Leads in India and LatAm; Strengthens Bench in US and Africa with New Hires USA - English MEXICO - Spanish India - Hindi BRAZIL - Portuguese USA - English
- "LIBERTYLAND" Echoes January 6 in a Gripping Tale of Terror and the Quest for American Ideals
- CCHR and Electroshock Survivors Reject Psychiatric Apology for Tortured Children
- B. Riley Securities to Host Radiopharma Investor Conference in New York on March 1, 2024
- Legion Partners Sends Letter to Twilio Board of Directors
- Meredith Thomas Selected as Master of Ceremonies for International Women's Day Gala for 2024