- Cal State LA continues remarkable climb in U.S. News & World Report rankings
- Hip Hop Recording Artist Dukk Drops New September Music Release
- For National Small Business Week: Some very Essential Advertising Math Every Business Needs to Know
Multiple variants of the virus that causes COVID-19 have been documented globally during the pandemic. Viruses constantly change through mutation, and new variants of a virus are expected to occur over time. Adding a 3rd gene target to the plus version of Cepheid's CoV-2/Flu/RSV test delivers broader coverage to mitigate the possible effects of future viral genetic drift.
"This respiratory season, healthcare providers may encounter a range of viral infections with symptoms that overlap with COVID-19, including Flu A, Flu B, and respiratory syncytial virus. Having a fast and accurate test that is designed to detect current and future variants of the viruses that cause COVID-19 and influenza will become increasingly important," said Dr. David Persing, MD, Ph.D., Chief Medical and Technology Officer at Cepheid. "The ability to collect one sample and run a single, highly-sensitive multiplexed test that detects and differentiates all four viruses will provide actionable results to inform better front-line decisions within our healthcare systems."
More on The Californer
- California: Newsom Administration Awards Nearly $138 Million in Fire Prevention Grants to Build Resilience in Local Communities
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 9.15.21
- Kobe Bryant Inspired KB24 NFT Art on Course to Raise Millions for Foundation
- Welcoming President Biden to Long Beach
- California: Governor Newsom Highlights New In-Person Student Rates, Nation-Leading School Safety & Prevention Efforts
Xpert Xpress CoV-2/Flu/RSV plus is expected to begin shipping to US customers in the next few weeks.
Visit www.cepheid.com for more information, videos, and package inserts.
Based in Sunnyvale, Calif., Cepheid is a leading molecular diagnostics company. Cepheid is dedicated to improving healthcare by developing, manufacturing, and marketing accurate yet easy-to-use molecular systems and tests. By automating highly complex and time-consuming manual procedures, the company's solutions deliver a better way for institutions of any size to perform sophisticated molecular diagnostic testing for organisms and genetic-based diseases. Through its strong molecular biology capabilities, the company is focusing on those applications where accurate, rapid, and actionable test results are needed most, such as managing infectious diseases and cancer. For more information, visit http://www.cepheid.com.
More on The Californer
- San Jose: Media Advisory: Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony at Solari Park to Commemorate New Playground
- San Jose: Media Advisory: Viva CalleSJ is Back to Activate the Streets and Create the City's Largest Park
- MG Facility Services Awarded $30 Million, Multi-Year Contract With The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Michelle Danner's "The Runner" to screen at Catalina Film Festival
- San Jose: FLASH REPORT #178 - COVID-19 Response and Recovery
About Emergency Use Authorization Status
This test has not been FDA cleared or approved. It has been authorized by the FDA under an EUA for use by authorized laboratories. The test has been authorized only for the simultaneous qualitative detection and differentiation of nucleic acid from SARS-CoV-2, influenza A virus, influenza B virus, and RSV and not for any other viruses or pathogens. The test is only authorized for the duration of the declaration that circumstances exist justifying the authorization of emergency use of in vitro diagnostic tests for detection and/or diagnosis of COVID-19 under Section 564(b)(1) of the Act, 21 U.S.C. § 360bbb-3(b)(1), unless the authorization is terminated or revoked sooner.
For Cepheid Media Inquiries:
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Californer
- Global Sandalwood Oil Market to Reach $149.1 Million by 2026
- Creating Art During The Pandemic Artist Cynthia Warden Launches Original Art Series Featuring Events Of 2020 and Beyond
- STEMconnector, Million Women Mentors and Olay: Face the STEM Gap Role Model Event September 15, 2021
- Latino Author Wants Better Representation of Latino and Hispanic Creatives Beyond Hispanic Heritage Month
- What Does Post-Traumatic Thriving Look Like?
- EdTech Startup Builds on Early Traction in Remote Proctoring with New Crowdfunding Round
- Shero Comics' Rayven Choi Graphic Novel Series Will Take Final Bow on National Comic Book Day
- What are the Safety Measures to fly with Copa Airlines
- Speck Unveils Line of MagSafe Compatible Cases and Accessories for all New Apple Devices
- ELEVATE (ELEctric Vehicle AdapTEr) adds Demand Response to any Electric Vehicle charger
- SCHURTER continues revamp of EMC filters with flagship FMBD EP for 3-phase power systems and machine
- BCVWD Named One of the Best Places to Work in the Country
- New Classical Music Show Plays Only the Classical Music Great's Symphonies
- The 5-Star Reviews Keep Coming for "Shadows in Light"
- Voices of Silicon Valley conductor is selected Grammys member
- TOArts' AccessArts Program announces $50,000 available to support arts education in Ventura
- With Market Size Valued at $618.7 Billion by 2026, it`s a Healthy Outlook for the Global Photovoltaics Market
- Exclusionary Vehicle Coverage from autopom! Is As Close To New Car Coverage As You Can Get
- Kairos Strategy Group Announces Commitment to Global Efforts Advocating for Cybersecurity Best Practices during Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- SONSON® Launches New Bow Tie Collection Celebrating Creatives and Trailblazers: "EXCELLENCE"