Laura, Aidan and Patrick Gordon, owners of Discovery Map of El Paso, received the 2018 Outstanding Inaugural Edition award. The Gordons (mother Laura and daughter and son Aidan and Patrick) nearly sold out the available map spaces in the first year of the map, 2018. They exceeded the required first year sales by 325 percent.
Lane and Evelyn Curlee, owners of Discovery Map of Southern Middle Tennessee, received the 2019 Outstanding Inaugural Edition. The husband and wife team nearly sold out the available map spaces in their map's first year (2019), exceeding required first year sales by 480 percent.
Jeff Stevens, owner of Discovery Map of Albuquerque and Discovery Map of Santa Fe, New Mexico, received the 2019 Community Collaborator Award. Stevens forged a relationship with Visit ABQ and continues to "think outside the box" regarding collaborative initiatives.
More on The Californer
- Preparing to Survive the Next Business Crisis
- Post Covid-19 Back 2 Business Documentary Series Looking For Your Support
- Online Boutique Launched to serve you flirty fashion out of Los Angeles, CA
- California: TODAY: Governor Newsom in Los Angeles Meeting with Community Leaders & Young People
- San Jose: : San José Happy Hollow's Lemur Pup Named "Koa"
"The Gordons, the Curlees and Jeff are very deserving winners of our first ever franchise owner awards for their respective accomplishments," said Peter Hans, president of Discovery Map. "What's really impressive about this group is that they have shown what is possible to accomplish as new franchise owners and as a seasoned veteran and how to grow your business by working with resources in their respective communities."
For being named winners of the Discovery Map Franchise Owner awards, Gordons, the Curlees and Stevens received a commemorative plaque and a $500 credit toward the publishing of the next edition of their respective maps.
Discovery Map has more than 130 maps across the U.S. and Canada. It is the charge of franchise owner to sell advertising space on the map and the online version of the map, available at discoverymap.com. The typical franchise owner will publish a printed map once or twice per year, depending on the initial print run and the popularity of the map.
Discovery Map franchise owners come from many walks of life. Some are corporate refugees or semi-retired individuals looking to build a business and fund their full retirement. Others include recent college grads, as well as mothers (and fathers) looking to build a business with hours around the kids' school schedules.
More on The Californer
- BYD Institutes Stringent Safety Protocols as it Reopens Electric Vehicle Manufacturing Plant in Cali
- San Francisco: Statement from Mayor London Breed on Lifting the Curfew on June 4th at 5 AM
- "Days of Our Lives" Star, Shawn Christian, Shares His Keys to Confidence with Suzanne Sena
- Sit Down With Nude Envie's CEO & Founder Isabel Madison
- Author Reid Ashbaucher Develops New PowerPoint® Aid for Educational Use to Teach Eschatology from a Dispensational Theology Perspective
Forbes Magazine recently named Discovery Map® one of the top 10 franchises to buy with an initial investment under $150,000. In 2018, it won the Top 50 Franchisee Satisfaction Award based on a survey conducted by FranchiseBusinessReview.
For more information on the Discovery Map franchise opportunity, visit https://discoverymapfranchise.com/.
About Discovery Map:
Discovery Map International is the country's leading provider of curated guides to top tourist destinations, cities and towns throughout North America. The distinctively colorful, hand-drawn maps are a favorite of travelers for navigating local dining, attractions, businesses, cultural experiences, ski destinations – and even the best locations to take selfies. Discovery Maps can be found in local hotels, restaurants, shops, visitor information centers and other participating venues, and at discoverymap.com. Named by Forbes as "one of the best franchises to buy" in 2015, Discovery Maps International is headquartered in Waitsfield, VT, in the heart of the Green Mountains.
Steve Dubin, PR Works
Latest on The Californer
- San Jose: FLASH REPORT #112 - COVID-19 Mitigation and Response
- Creative Media Commerce Announces Website Redesign of Star Academic Coaching Website
- Prospect Financial Group, Inc. Ranks In Scotsman's Top 25 Wholesale Lenders
- Cask Recognized as the 2020 ServiceNow Global Elite Partner of the Year
- Pfizer Supports the Human Growth Foundation's Virtual 5K Run & Walk for Kids' Growth
- Cyndi Walters Joins International Council on Active Aging Task Force to Lead Senior Living Transformation
- MAAT Completes Trilogy With New LP EQ
- Can chiropractic care benefit the immune system?
- Calling All Unicorns: Become Protectors Of The Rainbow!
- St. Vrain Valley School District's Award-Winning Charter School
- SEEAG And Growers Provide Over 4,000 Bags Of Fresh Produce To Local Farm Workers
- San Jose: FLASH REPORT #2 - Protest Safety
- Omnichain™ Adds Jeff Kroeker as Vice President of Sales & Business Development
- ATEC Expands Amplifier Rental Inventory with the AE Techron 8500 Series
- Skills Training Group - Now Delivering First Aid Training
- Johnson Investment Counsel's Pandemic and Business Continuity Planning Enables Employees to Work Anywhere
- Lexus Vehicle Protection Plan from autopom! Offering Automotive Peace of Mind
- Axiomtek's Powerful Fanless Embedded System with Flexible I/O Window Design - eBOX640-521-FL
- GoDog Sports Announces Launch of CommunityStream Live Streaming Video Service for Churches, Places of Worship, Local Governments and Community Events
- Boston Industrial Solutions, Inc. introduces Volta™ M150 1-color tabletop pad printer machine for tagless printing