Laura, Aidan and Patrick Gordon, owners of Discovery Map of El Paso, received the 2018 Outstanding Inaugural Edition award. The Gordons (mother Laura and daughter and son Aidan and Patrick) nearly sold out the available map spaces in the first year of the map, 2018. They exceeded the required first year sales by 325 percent.
Lane and Evelyn Curlee, owners of Discovery Map of Southern Middle Tennessee, received the 2019 Outstanding Inaugural Edition. The husband and wife team nearly sold out the available map spaces in their map's first year (2019), exceeding required first year sales by 480 percent.
Jeff Stevens, owner of Discovery Map of Albuquerque and Discovery Map of Santa Fe, New Mexico, received the 2019 Community Collaborator Award. Stevens forged a relationship with Visit ABQ and continues to "think outside the box" regarding collaborative initiatives.
More on The Californer
- How Do I Get Health Insurance Quotes?
- DuraFast Label Company Preparing for Demand for Epson's New CW-C6500 8-inch Color Label Printers
- Attivo Networks® Takes Home Four Platinum Category Wins in 2019 'ASTORS' Homeland Awards
- Thiel College to host cyclists for Bike MS: Escape to the Lake 2020 fundraising event
- Bow Wow Labs, Inc. Bully Buddy Starter Pack Launches on Amazon!
"The Gordons, the Curlees and Jeff are very deserving winners of our first ever franchise owner awards for their respective accomplishments," said Peter Hans, president of Discovery Map. "What's really impressive about this group is that they have shown what is possible to accomplish as new franchise owners and as a seasoned veteran and how to grow your business by working with resources in their respective communities."
For being named winners of the Discovery Map Franchise Owner awards, Gordons, the Curlees and Stevens received a commemorative plaque and a $500 credit toward the publishing of the next edition of their respective maps.
Discovery Map has more than 130 maps across the U.S. and Canada. It is the charge of franchise owner to sell advertising space on the map and the online version of the map, available at discoverymap.com. The typical franchise owner will publish a printed map once or twice per year, depending on the initial print run and the popularity of the map.
Discovery Map franchise owners come from many walks of life. Some are corporate refugees or semi-retired individuals looking to build a business and fund their full retirement. Others include recent college grads, as well as mothers (and fathers) looking to build a business with hours around the kids' school schedules.
More on The Californer
- Regional Mexican singer William Garza to serenade our Lady of Guadalupe on the eve
- Los Angeles-Based Folk/Pop Singer Drops Emotional Debut Single
- The Story of the LUCKY GOLD COIN in the Cake
- Portola Pharmaceuticals Presents New Interim Data from Ongoing Phase 2a Study of its Oral SYK/JAK Inhibitor Cerdulatinib in Heavily Pre-Treated T-Cell Malignancies
- The Quid Pro Quad in a Marital Affair Gone Bad
Forbes Magazine recently named Discovery Map® one of the top 10 franchises to buy with an initial investment under $150,000. In 2018, it won the Top 50 Franchisee Satisfaction Award based on a survey conducted by FranchiseBusinessReview.
For more information on the Discovery Map franchise opportunity, visit https://discoverymapfranchise.com/.
About Discovery Map:
Discovery Map International is the country's leading provider of curated guides to top tourist destinations, cities and towns throughout North America. The distinctively colorful, hand-drawn maps are a favorite of travelers for navigating local dining, attractions, businesses, cultural experiences, ski destinations – and even the best locations to take selfies. Discovery Maps can be found in local hotels, restaurants, shops, visitor information centers and other participating venues, and at discoverymap.com. Named by Forbes as "one of the best franchises to buy" in 2015, Discovery Maps International is headquartered in Waitsfield, VT, in the heart of the Green Mountains.
Steve Dubin, PR Works
Latest on The Californer
- "BREAKING NEWS" One World 1 Love "Featuring" DJ 5CENT * Album - Various Artist (44 Tracks) of Funk
- Drift to Sleep launches a set of 50 and 100 Pairs of Softies ® Made in USA Ear Plugs NRR 33
- Pilot Trading Expands Its Suite of Broker Integrations by going Live with TradeStation
- This is how we fix if Printing not Printing Color Properly -Ysupportnumber
- Right Cars Vehicle Rental announce the appointment of Alison Lee as Customer Service Director
- Waterside Productions Announces Joie Goodkin's New Book "You Can Do It!"
- The Azores - the world's first certified archipelago
- Governor Newsom Launches 100-Day Challenge Initiative for California Cities & Counties to Fight Homelessness
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 12.5.19
- Long Beach: Social Workers at our Libraries
- Eltropy Chosen to Improve Collection Response Rates for UNIFY Financial Credit Union
- CopyLady Earns ENX Magazine Elite Dealer of the Year Award
- Chevy Warranty Alternative Available from autopom! Agents
- Cerevo Becomes Afero's First Advanced Tier Integration Partner
- How Quitters Can Rebound By Using Montessori Tools
- Auto Driveaway acquires a majority interest in Sparkle Mobile LLC
- Jamul Casino® Revamps Loft 94, Now Offering an Asian-Inspired Experience
- Freedom Spreads in South America
- Cloud CMA integrates Buyside to provide valuable intel on real-time buyer demand
- Flipping the Script: Native Moto Adventures challenges the male dominated motorcycle world with female-led tours