- The New World of Social Networking: How Emojizing is Redefining Online Branding
- Ya se viene Agile World en Español!
- Global Stock Market / Crypto Crash Before June 17, 2021
"San Francisco Zen Center and Kendal are both 50 years old and share a commitment to deep listening and active collaboration," said Susan O'Connell, Spiritual Director for Enso Village. "We have enjoyed a high level of friendly collaboration with the Healdsburg city staff and planning commission members. It is great to see the spirit of collaboration and consensus be embodied in the process of creating Enso Village - even before breaking ground."
More on The Californer
- Is Change Coming to the EB-5 Industry?
- U.S. Federal Appeals Court Upholds $25m Monsanto Roundup Cancer Verdict
- California Roars Back: Governor Newsom Presents $100 Billion California Comeback Plan
- Entrepreneur and CEO, Joel Luce, Hit Amazon Best-Seller Lists with "Success"
- The Race Epidemic Documentary Featuring CA Attorney General Rob Bonta, Former Treasurer John Chiang, Congressmember Judy Chu Premieres At CAAMFest
The Planning Commission approval paves the way for the building permit application for construction of the 221-residence community. The plans include 30 residences of affordable housing as well as 54 assisted living and memory care apartments, fitness and wellness amenities and multiple dining venues. Construction is scheduled to begin in the second quarter of 2021.
Architecturally, the design is inspired by Healdsburg's agricultural history, the Zen Center retreat properties at Green Gulch in Marin and Tassajara in Carmel Valley, and Quaker and Zen notions of simplicity, authenticity and living lightly on the land. The new community will become a part of the natural setting, not only through the materials used and the design, but by providing access to nature for both residents and visitors. As with Green Gulch and Tassajara, the community will feature a working garden that will supply the onsite restaurants with fresh produce and provide residents the opportunity to join the process of working with the land within their own community.
More on The Californer
- TOArts Announces Phased Re-Opening with diverse line up of events
- The Law Offices of Frank R. Cruz Announces Investigation of ContextLogic Inc. (WISH) on Behalf of Investors
- Valley Radiology Acquires New Philips Ingenuity 128-slice CT/PET for Enhanced Imaging Services
- Challenge Coin Sale Best In Industry
- When Should We Fire A Customer? Guidance From Customersatisfaction.com
"It has been a pleasure working with City staff, Council and Commission members throughout the approvals process for Enso Village," said Stephen Bailey, Senior Vice President at Kendal. "As a Kendal Affiliate. Enso Village management and its Board of Directors will be based in Healdsburg, and when built the new community will provide significant new housing and employment opportunities in the City and region."
Enso Village, when completed, will exceed the LEED Gold Standard for energy efficiency and construction materials, will be nearly 100% electric and participate in renewable energy programs, and will immediately generate about 75 kilowatts of electricity from on-site solar. The community will also include a comprehensive water conservation strategy and will achieve greenhouse gas emissions targets that are significantly better than City standards.
Marcus Young |
SOURCE Enso Village
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Californer
- Pac-12 Announces George Kliavkoff as New Commissioner
- California Roars Back: Governor Newsom Announces the Largest Small Business Relief Program in the Nation
- Mayor London Breed Announces Contributions to San Francisco's 'Summer Together' Initiative
- CD38 (Hydrolase) Inhibitor Screening Kit (Fluorometric)
- People 12 and Older are Now Eligible to Receive the COVID-19 Vaccine in San Francisco
- The Law Offices of Frank R. Cruz Reminds Investors of Looming Deadline in the Class Action Lawsuit Against Neptune Wellness Solutions Inc. (NEPT)
- Global Wall Coverings Market to Reach $37.5 Billion by 2026
- HungMargs Craft Margarita Mix from Delray Beach's TheHungCompany To Launch at First Stop on Jimmy Buffett's Worldwide Tour
- Canterbury Christ Church University Expands Use of YuJa Through Migration of All Instructional Media to One Platform
- edjuster Field Claims Team Manages Largest Catastrophic Content Claims Event in North America
- Trial First to Show Improvements in Alzheimer's Patients
- BoatBlurb.com Celebrates One Year Anniversary with Record Monthly Traffic
- Radical Recycling Robots from 2B0 (To Be Zero) Are Coming to Your Home and Office
- ENvizion Medical Ltd Applauded by Frost & Sullivan for Its Innovation in the Enteral Feeding Tube Navigation Industry
- 26th Annual AfroSolo Arts Festival - Black Voices: Our Stories, Our Lives - June 9-13 and 17-20, 2021
- Jumio's Automation Surpasses 1 Million Verifications Per Day as Company Celebrates 118% Increase in Revenue
- iPOP Alumni Garrett Hedlund to star in 'The Ploughmen'
- iPOP Alumni Shameik Moore's Spiderman Sequel Begins Filming
- Greenshine Now Offering Financing for Solar Lighting
- Back to Eden, Back to Miami Swim Week