- Drug Pricing Bill Caps Years of AHF Advocacy
- Fortune and Great Place to Work® Name Workato One of the 2022 Best Medium Workplaces™
- Is Will Smith's Apology Good Enough For Be Kind To HumanKind Week?
SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 2, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- For the first time ever, an electric bike was used for a 4,500-mile solo, cross-country ride that followed the historic Lincoln Highway. Cyclist Gregory Maassen, Ph.D., who is afflicted with peripheral neuropathy (PN), a neurological condition that attacks his nerves and causes areas of his body to burn and go numb, ended his four-month, cross-country journey in San Francisco.
Gregory, who credits e-biking and physical activity with helping him manage his symptoms, rode over a new course on the Lincoln Highway, considered the first road across America, and which was once traveled by President Dwight D. Eisenhower when he was Lt. Colonel in the Army in 1919.
More on The Californer
- Cymbiotika Announces Partnership with Medical Advisor Dr. Pejman Taghavi
- ArborWorks LLC Announces the Promotion of Mr. Clint Stephens to Vice President of Operations, Southeastern Region
- What They're Saying: State and Local Leaders Across California Applaud Selection of Antonio Villaraigosa as Infrastructure Advisor
- Agent Timothy Braue Awarded Prestigious "Premier Luxury Marketing Consultant" Certification
- INVESTIGATION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Encourages Investors in Centessa Pharmaceuticals plc with Losses of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
His journey began from his home in Washington, DC, to California as a fundraiser of one cent per mile to support the Foundation for Peripheral Neuropathy (FPN), a nonprofit that provides research and awareness for the more than 100 different kinds of PN. He has already raised nearly $150,000 during his ride. Peripheral neuropathy affects approximately 30 million Americans, including Tom Brokaw, George Lopez, Alan Jackson and many others.
E-BIKE FUNDRAISER ENDS IN SAN FRANCISCO…/2
According to Dr. Ahmet Hoke, Johns Hopkins Medicine, director of the Neuromuscular Division, professor of neurology, "E-biking is a wonderful low-impact form of exercising that can be a meaningful aspect of a patient's recovery and well-being."
"This fundraiser, using an e-bike to traverse the Lincoln Highway for the very first time, is a tribute to the special friendship between the Dutch and the Americans, and to President Eisenhower's vision to create the nation's Interstate Highway System," says Gregory. "It celebrates the longest uninterrupted peaceful relationship that the United States has with any foreign country and supports the millions of people everywhere suffering with peripheral neuropathy. Medical research for PN is significantly underfunded, and finding a cure for this debilitating condition must be addressed."
More on The Californer
- California: Governor Newsom Names Amelia Yana Garcia Gonzalez New Secretary for Environmental Protection as Secretary Jared Blumenfeld Steps Down
- Medicare Insurance Association Website Traffic Grows By 30 Percent
- InventHelp Inventors Develops New Bird Feeder to Prevent Seed Waste (FMB-105)
- Kiromic Biopharma, Inc. Shareholder Update: Robbins LLP Reminds Investors of Class Action Against Kiromic Biopharma, Inc. (KRBP)
- TVS Television Host Maricela Cornejo to Fight For Muich More than the WBF World Title October 7th
"Gregory is a true inspiration to patients who suffer from peripheral neuropathy," says Lindsay Colbert, executive director of the Foundation for Peripheral Neuropathy. "His unprecedented e-bike tour shows the true power of hope and determination to the people who are struggling to manage this disease alongside him."
Gregory began his e-bike journey as a Dutch national, took his American citizen exam on April 29, was sworn in on May 21, and completed his ride in San Francisco as a U.S. citizen.
To view Gregory's journey and to support his fundraiser for FPN, visit www.ebiketour.org.
SOURCE Foundation for Peripheral Neuropathy
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Californer
- San Jose: Notice of CEQA Posting: Eterna Tower Mixed-Use Development Project Addendum
- Governor Newsom Announces Water Strategy For a Hotter, Drier California
- Michael Bay Partners With Jadu to Create AR Avatars
- Certified Access Specialists (CASp) Protect Businesses From ADA Lawsuits
- Larry Elder: An Exclusive Interview
- Governor Newsom Names Antonio Villaraigosa Infrastructure Advisor to Leverage Federal Dollars in Building California Infrastructure for the Next Century
- San Jose: PUBLIC REVIEW DRAFT EIR PDC18-036 BERRYESSA ROAD MIXED USE DEVELOPMENT (SCH#2021070467)
- 4th Annual Southeast Ventura County YMCA Gala
- Hoy to Keep Your Life Productive by Ismail Sirdah
- The Law Offices of Frank R. Cruz Announces the Filing of a Securities Class Action on Behalf of Tuya Inc. (TUYA) Investors
- How to Choose the Best Bamboo Cheese Board for Your Kitchen
- You Are Still the One That Pays for the Leads
- KP Performance Antennas Launches New Series of 5G, Low-PIM, In-Building DAS Antennas
- SentinelOne Integrates with Proofpoint for Enhanced Ransomware Protection
- McGruff the Crime Dog® Stars in 3D Ad to Stop Dangerous Fake Products
- Calpine Containers, Inc. Appoints Packaging and Distribution Executive Sean Gallagher as Chief Executive Officer
- Addmotor Upgrades M-340 Electric Trike to EB 2.0 Electronic System to Enhance Riding Experience
- Mirum Pharmaceuticals Reports Inducement Grants Under Nasdaq Listing Rule 5635(c)(4)
- SHAREHOLDER ACTION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Encourages Investors in LifeStance Health Group, Inc. with Losses of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
- California Officially Launches Nation's Largest College Savings Program for Millions of Students and All Newborns