- Mars Branded Skittles® and Starburst Cotton Candy to Launch!
- James Postrasija, CEO of Order Food Online on Platform Features/Benefits
- Waste Management Shareholder News: Robbins LLP is Investigating Waste Management, Inc. (WM) on Behalf of Shareholders
SACRAMENTO – Governor Gavin Newsom and First Partner Jennifer Siebel Newsom today joined members of the California Legislative LGBTQ Caucus at the historic Governor's Mansion for the Caucus's 20th anniversary Pride celebration and to highlight California's leadership on LGBTQ rights.
"In California, we fight for and celebrate our LGBTQ community's right to live their lives out loud," said Governor Newsom. "I'm proud to stand with our LGBTQ Caucus today and lift up their commitment to advancing equality, freedom and acceptance. As we push back on the forces of hate that seek to undo our progress, California will continue to lead the way to a better, fairer future for all."
"I'm so proud to live in California where we understand the value of diversity and support and embrace everyone who lives here," said First Partner Siebel Newsom. "We're committed to supporting members of the LGBTQ community to live as their most authentic selves and will fight to safeguard the policies that protect those rights. Alongside the Governor and the LGBTQ Caucus, I encourage us all to continue to lead with California's values of respect, equality, kindness, and acceptance because that's the California Way and the best way forward."
Governor and First Partner join members of the LGBTQ Caucus at the Governor's Mansion for 20th anniversary Pride celebration
More on The Californer
- Ganglioside GT1a Antibody High Purity
- Dnase-Free and Rnase-Free Distilled Water
- Long Beach: Happy Fourth of July Weekend
- TVS Television Network Launches First Outlook Original Programming You Tube Channel
- The Atlas Elite Entertainment Music Award online is coming!
Governor Newsom today announced that he has signed AB 1741 by Assemblymember Evan Low (D-Campbell), an LGBTQ Caucus priority bill that designates November 20 as "Transgender Day of Remembrance" to honor those who have been killed as a result of transphobia. The Governor also signed AB 421 by Assemblymember Christopher M. Ward (D-San Diego), which makes technical changes to the procedures for changing gender and sex identifiers on official documents, such as a marriage certificate.
California was the first state in the country to officially form a caucus of openly-LBGTQ state legislators and continues to lead in advancing policies that create safer, more inclusive communities. Governor Newsom has signed a number of measures to advance these efforts, including AB 493 to develop a training program for educators to better support LGBTQ youth; SB 932, which ensures comprehensive data collection to understand how COVID-19 is impacting the LGBTQ community; AB 2218 to establish the Transgender Wellness and Equity Fund to provide grants for programs focused on trans-inclusive health care; AB 1094 to collect data on an individual's sexual orientation or gender identify in cases of violent death to help inform prevention efforts; and SB 1255 to end the practice of insurance companies discriminating against individuals because of their HIV status.
More on The Californer
- INVESTIGATION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Encourages Investors in 17 Education & Technology Group Inc. with Losses of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
- Money Today Korea Selects Grinergy as a 2022 R&D Innovation Grand Prize Winner
- Virgin Orbit Successfully Launches 'Straight Up' Mission
- INVESTOR DEADLINE: Inotiv, Inc. Investors with Substantial Losses Have Opportunity to Lead Class Action – NOTV
- Milloret LTD To Offer Premium International SEO Services
In 2020, the Governor appointed Justice Martin Jenkins to serve as the first openly gay man on the California Supreme Court, and this year appointed Sacramento County Superior Court Judge Andi Mudryk, the first openly transgender person to serve on the state's judicial bench. Shortly after taking office, the Governor launched a new initiative to pardon people who were prosecuted in California for being gay.
For full text of today's bills, visit: http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov.
Latest on The Californer
- Signs By Veterans and Savage Shakers Founder Announces Sponsorship for #TEAMUSA Para-Athlete Brian Conwell
- RINGO CELEBRATES HIS BIRTHDAY WITH HIS ANNUAL CAMPAIGN FOR PEACE & LOVE WHICH INCLUDES 26 CELEBRATIONS IN COUNTRIES AROUND THE WORLD AND THIS YEAR WILL ALSO SEE HIS MESSAGE OF PEACE AND LOVE BEAMED UP TO THE STARS AND ORBIT THE EARTH
- EY Names Tim and Chris Vanderhook of Viant Technology as Entrepreneurs of the Year® 2022 Pacific Southwest Award Winners
- Governor Newsom Takes Action to Further Restrict Ghost Guns and Protect California Kids from Gun Violence
- Fragner Seifert Pace & Mintz, LLP Promotes Alex Flumenbaum to Partner
- INVESTIGATION NOTICE: The Schall Law Firm Encourages Investors in Riskified Ltd. with Losses of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
- Telegraph Hill Partners Raises $525M Fifth Fund for New Life Science and Healthcare Investments
- EA SPORTS™ F1® 22 Launches Worldwide Today
- Diving Into Informative Television With 'A Hot Set's'- 'Statement'
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed Statement on State Budget Includes Investments of Nearly $55 Million in Community Projects
- Governor Newsom Signs Into Law Strongest Extended Producer Responsibility Legislation in the U.S.
- California: Governor Newsom Signs Legislation Cutting Harmful Plastic Pollution to Protect Communities, Oceans and Animals
- TikTok Marketing Strategy-Boost Your Business With TikTok
- Governor Newsom Signs Budget Putting Money Back in Californians' Pockets and Investing in State's Future
- Aimmune Therapeutics to Present New Data for PALFORZIA® [Peanut (Arachis hypogaea) Allergen Powder-dnfp] at the EAACI Hybrid Congress 2022
- San Francisco World Spirits Competition Announces Premium Winners at Inaugural Awards Gala
- Best AI Copywriter-The Future Of Copy-writing Is Now
- San Jose: Notice of CEQA Posting: Addendum to the 4300 Stevens Creek Boulevard Mixed-Use Project
- Indie Brand Vow Beauty Enters Walmart
- INVESTIGATION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Encourages Investors in Abbott Laboratories with Losses of $100,000 to Contact the Firm