The text of the proclamation is below:
On the one-year anniversary of the most devastating fire in California's history, we mourn all that we lost during the Camp Fire and re-dedicate ourselves to preparedness, response and recovery.
Ignited near dawn on November 8, 2018, the Camp Fire raged for nearly three weeks. It destroyed more than 18,800 structures, and 85 Californians lost their lives. These losses left a hole in their families and their community that can never be filled. Moreover, the Camp Fire took place amid two tragedies in Southern California, the Woolsey Fire and the shooting at the Borderline Bar and Grill in Thousand Oaks, uniting our state in grief.
As we remember these victims and their families, we also honor the "Pioneer Spirit" of Paradise – the bravery, the resilience, and the care for one another that has always defined this community and now guides its recovery. Businesses have re-opened, schools have been rebuilt, families have returned.
More on The Californer
- Road of No Return / Road to Hell Now Available on DVD from BayView Entertainment
- Artworks by Sargent, Koons, Chihuly, James Sword all do well at Bruneau & Co. auction held Feb. 15
- Author Colby Van Wagoner's new book - Baggage Act 1: Quickies - a wild and satirical dating anthology!
- 3 Day Weekend Benefits - Start Your Side Business Now
- Alkaline Phosphatase Staining Kit
The Camp Fire response and recovery also serve as a reminder of our common humanity, which is on display every day in Paradise. As our state confronts climate change, we remain humbled that emergency responders from all over our state rush into danger on behalf of fellow Californians they may never meet. They remind us that we are one California, all ready to protect one another, and all striving toward the same California Dream.
I encourage Californians today to observe a moment of silence for those we lost. As we honor those who perished and those who were displaced, let us all work to embody the spirit of community throughout our state as we unite in resilience.
NOW THEREFORE I, GAVIN NEWSOM, Governor of the State of California, do hereby proclaim November 8, 2019, as "California Resilience Day."
IN WITNESS WHEREOF I have hereunto set my hand and caused the Great Seal of the State of California to be affixed this 8th day of November 2019.
Governor of California
Secretary of State
Latest on The Californer
- Referral Program Rewards and Incentives: Save & Go Beyond Quotes
- INVESTOR ACTION REMINDER: The Schall Law Firm Announces the Filing of a Class Action Lawsuit Against JELD-WEN Holding, Inc. and Encourages Investors with Losses in Excess of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
- San Jose: Public Review Draft MND: 259 Meridian Ave Mixed-Use Project
- Griot Gala Oscars 2020 Party Celebrates Diversity & Inclusion
- Fast Tilt Retaining Walls Construction Event Extended - Register Now
- California: Governor Gavin Newsom Announces Council of Economic Advisors
- Process Technology wins Evolution in Manufacturing Award
- San Jose: Seven Trees Recording Arts Academy Program, receives $35,000 grant from Wish Book
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client ShelfGenie on Induction into the Franchise Hall of Fame
- San Jose: Summer Jobs for Youth
- Comedian Don Barnhart Reopens Jokesters Comedy Club With Best Deal In Las Vegas
- Sucrose Phosphorylase Activity Assay Kit (Colorimetric)
- Boulder International Film Festival: March 5th - March 8th, 2020 includes Celebrity Appearances, Award-Winning Filmmakers, New Adventure Film Pavilion
- R&B/Pop Singer Tanya Nolan Officially Releases Self-Titled Album
- "The Differences between Liposuction and Liposculpture" explained by Dr. Mitchell Cohen
- Google Will Index Sites Linked With No-Follow
- TVTY Alert: Johnson Fistel Launches Investigation into Tivity Health Following CEO Departure and Fourth Qtr. Results; Investors Encouraged to Contact Firm
- ChainUP's Independent Financial Derivatives Brand EXUP Launches ETF System Solution
- Our Man In Santiago at Theatre West
- Atlas Elite Entertainment is having their third Annual Music Awards!