- Yet another EU country´s Data Protection Authority makes it official! Google Analytics is out!
- SHAREHOLDER ACTION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Encourages Investors in Yatsen Holding Limited with Losses of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
- SHAREHOLDER ACTION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Encourages Investors in Barclays PLC with Losses of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
SAN DIEGO, Aug. 15, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Jacobs Center for Neighborhood Innovation's business accelerator program exclusively for low-to-moderate income entrepreneurs invites the San Diego community to participate in its 6th Union Bank Start-Up Pitch Competition.
A strategic partnership between the City of San Diego, CONNECT w/ San Diego Venture Group, and the Jacobs Center, the business accelerator was launched in May 2019 and has since jumpstarted 62 local businesses. The free 4-month structured program is geared specifically toward San Diego-based, early-stage startups that are ready for sustainable growth.
Businesses in the current cohort are: Aphase, Buenpaso Media, DDHW Consulting & Business Services, Detail Smart, Educational Vision Technologies, God's Gift Extensions, Leggi, My Vibrant Notary, NG Apothecary, People Onward, RoomChazer, Savorite, and The Underground Supermarket. To learn more about each business and the founders, visit jacobscenter.org/cohort-6/.
The culmination of the program is the virtual pitch competition on Jacobs Center's YouTube channel that includes 5-minute pitches from each business. First place will receive $7,500. Second place will be awarded $5,000. Third place will take home $2,500. $15,000 in prize money provided by Union Bank allows the winners to strengthen, grow and sustain their business model.
More on The Californer
- Dynamic Design Solutions Announces Best Sales Year on Record in Back-to-Back Fiscal Years
- Enersponse and NexRev Partner to Empower Customers With Access to Energy Management Solutions
- PARAMOUNT CONSUMER PRODUCTS AND NICKELODEON ANNOUNCE LAUNCH OF GLOBAL OCEAN CONSERVATION AND SUSTAINABILITY INITIATIVE SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS: OPERATION SEA CHANGE
- BookingPal Integrates Airbnb Reviews to Help Property Managers Improve Vacation Rental Rankings
- Sydney Brachytherapy Group is the first private non-melanoma skin cancer clinic in Sydney to offer OncoBeta's Rhenium-SCT
Viewers can participate in the pitch competition by liking their favorite video for the Audience Choice Award between Aug. 22 and 29. Watch the pitches: bit.ly/JCNIpitch6.
To learn more about how the Jacobs Center supports economic development in Southeastern San Diego and beyond, visit jacobscenter.org/business-accelerator. For sponsorship and program support opportunities, please contact Selina Castillo Hudgins at [email protected].
About Jacobs Center for Neighborhood Innovations' Business Accelerator Program
Jacobs Center for Neighborhood Innovation (Jacobs Center) is the region's first low to moderate-income and diversity-focused business accelerator program, guiding startups that want to grow rapidly with all the support they need to be successful. A partnership between the City of San Diego, CONNECT w/ San Diego Venture Group, and the Jacobs Center, the program provides participants with mentors, weekly workshops, and guidance on how to scale their businesses. Jacobs Center also offers a free Business Resource Center where entrepreneurs can connect and learn about local services and support programs to help move their ideas and businesses forward.
More on The Californer
- PermaTherm Announces Panels Delivered Quickly Program
- General Inception Creates First-Ever "Igniter" for New Company Formation
- ASI Hosts 24th Annual iNNOVATIONS Conference and Announces Award Winners
- NuVasive Announces Agenda for Investor Day 2022
- Lionrock Adds Ketamine Assisted Psychotherapy Program to State-of-the-Art Treatment Offerings for Substance Use Disorder
The Business Accelerator (fka CONNECT ALL @ the Jacobs Center) is a strategic partnership between the City of San Diego, CONNECT w/ San Diego Venture Group and the Jacobs Center for Neighborhood Innovation through 2022. The program is funded in whole or in part with Community Development Block Grant program funds provided by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development to the City of San Diego; as well as donations from individual, corporate, government, and foundation partners.
To learn more or get involved, visit jacobscenter.org. Follow Jacobs Center for Neighborhood Innovation on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
Media Contact: Selina Castillo Hudgins, Jacobs Center for Neighborhood Innovation
[email protected], 619-957-8780
SOURCE Jacobs Center for Neighborhood Innovation
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Californer
- Water Reclamation Facility in Moorpark informing future drought resilience
- Asian Hall of Fame Announces Induction 2022
- State Gives $130 Million Boost to Projects Essential to Reliabilty of Southern California's Water Supply
- Distroller Donates Neonate Babies to NICU Families for NICU Sibling Support Day on Sept. 29
- California: On the Record with Governor Gavin Newsom: Saving Water & Building a More Resilient Future
- ATEN Technology Renovates the Desktop for the Hybrid Work Challenge with New KVM Switch
- Experienced Intellectual Property Attorney Christopher Franich Joins Snell & Wilmer's SD Office
- Triunfo Water & Sanitation District Board Approves Reducing Sprinkler Irrigation Time
- Edge AI Innovator Femtosense Raises $8 Million Series A Funding
- CHIRLA, IMMIGRANT RIGHTS GROUPS MOBILIZE IN SUPPORT OF BILL TO EXPAND A PATHWAY FOR RESIDENCY FOR MILLIONS OF LONG-TERM RESIDENTS.
- BEAR Technologies Successfully Completes 2022 SOC 2 Type II Audit
- Exterro Launches FTK® Suite 7.6, Introducing Mobile Parsing, Automation Capabilities, And Industry-First Remote Endpoint Triage
- Lassen Therapeutics Commences Dosing in Phase 1 Clinical Study of LASN01, a First-in-Class Interleukin-11 Receptor-Blocking Antibody
- Honda Advances Support of Hispanic Scholarship Fund with $1 Million Donation
- Re-Introducing Gigahurtz, DJ and Producer
- Pureboost, Amazon's #1 Selling Clean Energy Drink, Raises Over $2M+ Within Hours of Launching Community Round to the Public on Wefunder's Community Investment Platform
- Creating a Telegram sticker pack for brand advertising
- Leopard Imaging to Showcase at VISION in Stuttgart with 2D and 3D Depth Cameras Empowered by onsemi
- Shana Tovah! Happy Rosh Hashanah!
- Tigo Energy Surpasses One-Terawatt Hour of Monitored Solar PV Energy in Europe