- The New World of Social Networking: How Emojizing is Redefining Online Branding
- Amelia Earhart's Plane Possibly Found in Nikumaroro Lagoon
- Loop Neighborhood Welcomes New CFO, Jonathan Louie
Bien Nacido Vineyard, planted in 1973 by brothers Bob and Steve Miller, is widely recognized as one of California's most iconic vineyard sites, long revered for producing exceptional wines that epitomize the distinct characteristics of the Santa Maria Valley AVA. Looking to honor this heritage while revealing the vineyard's special qualities through a new and unique lens, the Miller family teamed up with Tensley to create optik, a brand designed to showcase a fresh take on Bien Nacido Vineyard.
Throughout his career, esteemed winemaker Tensley has established a reputation for preserving the best characteristics of vineyards by minimizing winemaker manipulation and oak treatment – a signature style that has earned him over 200 90+ ratings from the wine industry's most esteemed publications, including six wines on Wine Spectator's prestigious Top 100 lists. By intersecting Tensley's masterful approach with the elegant strength of Bien Nacido fruit, optik aims to open eyes to the new possibilities of this long-established vineyard.
More on The Californer
- MBK Senior Living Annouces Promotion of Engle and Hill
- City of Angeles City of Mental Health
- San Francisco Announces Plan to Reopen City Hall to Public
- Long Beach: Expanded and Extended Rental Assistance
- ATEC Expands ISO 17025 Calibration Accreditation to LISNs & CDNs
"For nearly 50 years, our family has continued Bien Nacido's legacy as one of the most well-respected vineyards in California, and we are incredibly proud to be stewards of this land," says Nicholas Miller, Vice President of Sales and Marketing. "That said, we are always looking for ways to showcase the diversity and complexity of Bien Nacido, and introduce it to new consumers in new ways. By collaborating with Joey – a talented winemaker whom we've always held in very high regard – we knew we could present a different slice of Bien Nacido in an unexpected way."
"I've always felt the most important part of my role as the winemaker is to let the vineyard and the unique qualities of the fruit shine through in the wine," says Tensley. "In order to emphasize the special characteristics of Bien Nacido, a special place that produces exceptional fruit, I make sure to use a gentler approach in the cellar, trying to let the terroir be the star. And working with individual blocks across the vineyard allows me to showcase diversity of site, which translates into wines with a true sense of identity."
The optik portfolio includes vineyard designated wines sourced from single blocks on the estate, featuring six small-lot wines across three varietals: Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Syrah – priced between $35 - $45. Representing the power of new perspectives, optik's unique and contemporary packaging symbolizes the empowerment of the winemaker's hand to convey what his eye sees. "Our label is designed to bring the optik concept to life, visually representing a new interpretation of Bien Nacido Vineyard through the lens of an incredibly accomplished outsider looking in," says Tommy Gaeta, Director of Marketing. "It offers a deeper level of storytelling perhaps not expected of the wines typically produced from Bien Nacido, while the price points make these wines accessible to a broad audience of both aspiring and established wine enthusiasts."
More on The Californer
- Disaggregated Networking Solution by IP Infusion and Edgecore Networks Deployment Completed at London Internet Exchange
- 8 Surprising Benefits of Boxing to Unleash Your Inner Champion
- Global Coffee Shops Market to Reach $201.4 Billion by 2027
- FACERE25 and MJC Partners Successfully Launch New Fintech Advisory Firm Forty Grand
- Steve Muehler – Commercial Insurance – to begin offering Medical Malpractice Insurance
optik wines will be available at select fine wine retailers and restaurants in cities across the country and online at www.optikwines.com.
Miller Family Wine Company
Miller Family Wine Company is a division of the Thornhill Companies – the industry-leading umbrella brand of one of California's premier winegrowing families, the Miller Family, who have been farming California's Central Coast for five generations. The Thornhill Companies includes the prestigious Bien Nacido Estates and Miller Family Wine Company, which itself includes the management of acclaimed national branded wine labels, including Butternut, optik, J. Wilkes, Ballard Lane, Smashberry, Barrel Burner, and Volunteer wines, control label brands for prominent retailers across the U.S. and the French Camp vineyard in Paso Robles. For more information on Miller Family Wine Company, please visit www.millerfamilywinecompany.com.
SOURCE Miller Family Wine Company
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Californer
- CFIC Funding Announces Dump Truck Financing Program with Good or Bad Credit
- Carrington College San Leandro Announces New Criminal Justice: Corrections Program Director
- Neurana Pharmaceuticals to Present at 21st Annual Pain Therapeutics Conference
- San Jose: Big City Mayors Chair's Statement on California Governor Homelessness Funding Announcement
- BISTel Showcases Smart Pharma Innovation Award Winner GrandView APM at 2021 Manufacturing Assets and Reliability Conference
- Major Updates from the #DisneyMustPay Task Force: More Author Groups Join the Task Force
- California Roars Back: Governor Newsom Announces Historic $12 Billion Package to Confront the Homelessness Crisis
- San Joaquin Valley College Announces New Award Program for Nursing Students and Faculty
- Should We All Get Vaccinated in the United States
- CircleCI Acquires Vamp, Adding Release Orchestration to Their CI/CD Platform to Help Engineering Teams Deliver Business Growth
- Food & Beverage Packaging Redefined: The Chill-Can® & 5 Liter Keg Just The Beginning For Innovation Team At Joseph Company International, Inc
- Patriot Gold Group Extends "2021 Inflation Protection America First IRA" As Inflationary Concerns Soar
- EclecticIQ Appoints Jay Zimmet as Chief Revenue Officer
- Claims Assistance Program from autopom! Gives Drivers Automotive Peace of Mind
- Restaurateur Leads African American Initiative to Endorse Mayoral Candidate Eric Adams
- CentralCoastCatholic.net Expands Its Reach
- California Court Rules Beyond Meat Must Pay Don Lee Farms in Contract Dispute - Property Claim and Negligent Misrepresentation Counterclaim Also Found Meritless
- Agiloft Wins Silver Stevie® in 2021 American Business Awards® for AI Core
- ElevenSight Named TiE50 Award Winner at TiEcon 2021
- An Inventory System that Brings Historical Data Back to the Present