- The New World of Social Networking: How Emojizing is Redefining Online Branding
- Amelia Earhart's Plane Possibly Found in Nikumaroro Lagoon
- Loop Neighborhood Welcomes New CFO, Jonathan Louie
The new Fanchon score, released on TCM, is modern and largely guitar-driven, with music rooted in folk and rock.
The film was also screened last year as part of the RiverRun Film Festival. Following the screening, Ducatenzeiler spoke on a panel to discuss the modernization of classic silent films.
"We are thrilled with the reaction to Fanchon, which Julian Ducatenzeiler and Andy Gladbach did such an incredible job composing," said Henry Stotsenberg, a business executive and arts patron who spearheaded the effort. "Nobody else has created an initiative like this, and we are looking forward to revamping other classic silent films with modern scores, giving new and emerging artists an incredible canvas for their own musical expression and interpretation."
More on The Californer
- MBK Senior Living Annouces Promotion of Engle and Hill
- City of Angeles City of Mental Health
- San Francisco Announces Plan to Reopen City Hall to Public
- Long Beach: Expanded and Extended Rental Assistance
- ATEC Expands ISO 17025 Calibration Accreditation to LISNs & CDNs
"This project is so unique and I really enjoyed working on Fanchon," said Ducatenzeiler. "Since the movies are otherwise silent, the music becomes so important – and we really tried to tell the story through our composition."
The initiative is focused on giving emerging artists a leg up in their careers. Stotsenberg selects films that are in the public domain, collaborating with well-known entities in the industry such as the Library of Congress, Paramount Pictures and the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Artists who are interested in participating are given 15-minute short films to score as an audition. Those that do well are then given full-length films to score.
"It is a real challenge to score 90 minutes of continuous music," said Stotsenberg. "We have been very impressed with what many of the artists have produced so far. It's our hope that this will help to elevate these artists' profiles and open up more doors for them in the future."
About 20 artists have been signed so far, and many more films are in the works.
Ducatenzeiler, a songwriter who has been the front man of the indie rock band Mystic Braves since YEAR, was also commissioned to work on the score for A Little Princess.
More on The Californer
- Disaggregated Networking Solution by IP Infusion and Edgecore Networks Deployment Completed at London Internet Exchange
- 8 Surprising Benefits of Boxing to Unleash Your Inner Champion
- Global Coffee Shops Market to Reach $201.4 Billion by 2027
- FACERE25 and MJC Partners Successfully Launch New Fintech Advisory Firm Forty Grand
- Steve Muehler – Commercial Insurance – to begin offering Medical Malpractice Insurance
"Julian has been writing songs for the Mystic Braves for years, and his talent is just undeniable," said band member Shane Stotsenberg. "It's amazing to watch him expand into something that is so different and so creative."
"Maybe a lot of these films were ahead of their time," said Ducatenzeiler. "The whole idea is to make the film more relevant to today's audience and hopefully a modern score is able to do that."
Learn more about Julian's experience scoring Fanchon the Cricket here.
About the Mystic Braves
Rooted in the psychedelic music scene of the 1960s, the Mystic Braves, formed in Murrieta, CA, are the embodiment of today's Southern California creativity. Over the last few years, the Mystic Braves have emerged at the front of the garage band revival as a beacon of rock and roll authenticity. Their classic, unforgettable songwriting lends itself to energetic, memorable songs. Listen to the music at https://www.mysticbraves.com.
SOURCE Mystic Braves
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Californer
- CFIC Funding Announces Dump Truck Financing Program with Good or Bad Credit
- Carrington College San Leandro Announces New Criminal Justice: Corrections Program Director
- Neurana Pharmaceuticals to Present at 21st Annual Pain Therapeutics Conference
- San Jose: Big City Mayors Chair's Statement on California Governor Homelessness Funding Announcement
- BISTel Showcases Smart Pharma Innovation Award Winner GrandView APM at 2021 Manufacturing Assets and Reliability Conference
- Major Updates from the #DisneyMustPay Task Force: More Author Groups Join the Task Force
- California Roars Back: Governor Newsom Announces Historic $12 Billion Package to Confront the Homelessness Crisis
- San Joaquin Valley College Announces New Award Program for Nursing Students and Faculty
- Should We All Get Vaccinated in the United States
- CircleCI Acquires Vamp, Adding Release Orchestration to Their CI/CD Platform to Help Engineering Teams Deliver Business Growth
- Food & Beverage Packaging Redefined: The Chill-Can® & 5 Liter Keg Just The Beginning For Innovation Team At Joseph Company International, Inc
- Patriot Gold Group Extends "2021 Inflation Protection America First IRA" As Inflationary Concerns Soar
- EclecticIQ Appoints Jay Zimmet as Chief Revenue Officer
- Claims Assistance Program from autopom! Gives Drivers Automotive Peace of Mind
- Restaurateur Leads African American Initiative to Endorse Mayoral Candidate Eric Adams
- CentralCoastCatholic.net Expands Its Reach
- California Court Rules Beyond Meat Must Pay Don Lee Farms in Contract Dispute - Property Claim and Negligent Misrepresentation Counterclaim Also Found Meritless
- Agiloft Wins Silver Stevie® in 2021 American Business Awards® for AI Core
- ElevenSight Named TiE50 Award Winner at TiEcon 2021
- An Inventory System that Brings Historical Data Back to the Present