- Music Video: You Make Me (from the feature film Voorhees) by Reluctant Zero
- Purfresh Clean equipment deployed for virus spread risk mitigation at U.S. Army National Guard training exercises
- Governor Newsom Announces Launch of California Rebuilding Fund to Help State's Smallest Businesses Protect their California Dream
Wandag wanted to write a soulful island song incorporating some Filipino instruments. "What I didn't know was that these instruments would be celebrity FilAm artists. When they came on board, they brought the music and soul to another level. The best part is that these musicians span multiple generations and styles, which is fitting for the message of the music... the timeless 'Bayanihan' spirit." Bayanihan is the Filipino word for when community comes together in times of hardship, to lift one another up. It is a distinctly Filipino trait to be proud of.
Indie Pop Films, Marie Jamora directs the music video and shares how it's an honor for her to direct her first music video in the United States with legendary Filipino-American musical talent like these. "We embraced the fact that we're all apart during this pandemic, so we wanted a concept where you see how Filipinos are all spread out across America, and yet we can still find home with food and family," says Jamora.
More on The Californer
- Bill.com Announces Pricing of Upsized Offering of $1.0 Billion of 0% Convertible Senior Notes due 2025
- KIOXIA's KumoScale Software Adds Support for PCIe 4.0
- Gyrfalcon Launches AI-X -- Full-Stack Solution for Edge-AI Development
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client CBC Federal Credit Union for Customer Service Accolades
- California: Governor Newsom Issues First-Ever Social Innovation Impact Report Highlighting $3.9 Billion in Corporate and Philanthropic Partnerships Aiding State's Housing Efforts, COVID-19 Response and More
Ruby Ibarra, scientist and rapper, shares how very humbled she is be part of the Island Pacific project because of how she has been such a big fan of the other artists on the track. Additionally, Ibarra thinks a project like this is important during these times because the song reflects on the spirit of Bayanihan, and that is the energy the world needs right now, for all Filipinos to come together as a community. "These are unprecedented times socially because of the pandemic and also politically in the U.S., and I'd like to hope that a song like this can serve as a reminder of how important it is for us to lift each other up and to be cognizant of everybody's journeys and struggles," exclaimed Ruby Ibarra.
Jocelyn Enriquez, 90's breakout star of songs like "Do you miss me" echo's Ibarra's sentiments. "Being a part of this beautifully talented collaboration with Filharmonic, AJ, Ruby and Jonathan is a sweet reminder that our community is resilient and strong despite the pandemic we are all currently going through."
YouTube Sensation and songwriter A.J Rafael chimes in to share, "One thing I miss about pre-COVID days is jamming with my friends. To have a video out like this that allows us to virtually get together means a lot to me. Thankful for Island Pacific for bringing us together again, and also the fact that we are all in different pockets and generations of the music industry-- really speaks to the relentlessness of that Filipino spirit."
More on The Californer
- First Look for iPOP Alumni Matt Cornetts HSM:TM:TS Holiday Special Revealed
- City of San Jose Statement on Employee Injured in Attack
- iPOP Alum Alexis Knapp's Short 'Bad Suns' to debut at Film Festival
- iPOP Alumni Lucas Adams Will Participate in Days of our Lives Fan Event
- Garrett Hedlund, iPOP Alum, begins filming of Modern Love Season 2
On behalf of the Filipino American acapella group, Jules Cruz also shares how it was such an honor for their group to collaborate with such talented and influential artists on this project and really brings us all together to make music during such a difficult year.
Watch history in the making and catch the exclusive world premiere of "The Good Taste: In the spirit of Bayanihan," at this year's Festival of Philippine Arts and Culture, streaming live from 7pm onward on October 23, 24 and 25, 2020, presented by nonprofit organization FilAm Arts on www.filamarts.org and the FilAm Arts Facebook, YouTube and Kumu App. The song can be heard while shopping at all Island Pacific locations in store as well as be available on the Island Pacific website for download soon.
[Island Pacific is a supermarket chain dedicated to promoting Filipino Food and Seafood to the rest of the world. It is headquartered in Walnut, California and currently has 16 supermarket branches serving communities in California and Las Vegas.]
SOURCE Island Pacific Market
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Californer
- NAL Player, Daveon Howard, Finds Thankfulness Despite Difficult Year for Sports
- Medicare Annual Enrollment Ends Soon Advises Medicare Supplement Director
- netElastic Featured as One of 5 Top NFV Solutions
- Mapp launches e-learning platform Mapp Academy
- Zippy Shell and Subsidiary 1-800-PACK-RAT Secure Financing from The Carlyle Group & PNC Bank
- Aliso Viejo Community Association Completes Extensive Improvements and Upgrades to Community Parks
- Private Placement Markets "EquityLock Residential Value Protection Plans" will be available in
- Elf Prep Academy Trains Elf Recruits to Help Santa Spread Holiday Cheer Just in Time for Christmas
- DEADLINE TODAY: The Schall Law Firm Announces it is Investigating Claims Against BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. and Encourages Investors with Losses of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
- Syxsense Announces New Support for Amazon Web Service (AWS) Linux Devices
- Florida Family & Faith International Film Festival Powered by AARP Florida Celebrates Caregivers and Families This Thanksgiving Season
- Emerging dance music artist Tyler Garrett just dropped his third EP in 2020
- edjuster Selects CoreLogic to Deliver Modern Contents Estimating Solution to Claims Process
- Frost & Sullivan Presents 5 Technology Growth Opportunities in Sensors and Automation for 2021
- An American Zealot - Poster & Trailer
- Medicom Health Wins 2020 Tekne Award for Rx Savings Assistant®
- MATRIXX Software Teams Up with Hewlett Packard Enterprise to Deliver Real-time 'Monetization-as-a-Service' to CSPs
- Introducing BIAMI.IO Intelligent Automation as a Service Labs
- Flooring Adhesives Market Size Worth $7.1 Billion By 2027 | CAGR: 5.4%: Grand View Research, Inc.
- Morse Micro Announces an Additional $13 Million Funding Round to Accelerate Wi-Fi HaLow